Your fleet running reports

Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Sundayjumper »

I was making a joke about my own (lack of) short-term memory :)
Simon

Post by Simon »

What's the rolling radius of the new wheel/tyre combo vs the old ones? I'm wondering if it's that much lower so giving artificially high mpg.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Galaxy now on winter tyres. Here ends the update.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Simon wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:34 pm What's the rolling radius of the new wheel/tyre combo vs the old ones? I'm wondering if it's that much lower so giving artificially high mpg.
Pretty much exactly the same - if anything, slightly larger based on comparing the true speed vs the speedo at 70mph.

235/55R18 v 255/40R20.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Yeti: driver's side front and rear doors not opening on the remote, or from inside. No electric windows working (from mteh driver's side buttons in any rate).
I suspected a fuse but maybe loom related.
Or maybe battery is on the way out, but the passenger side doors both lock/unlock ok.

Not sure what else is not working. Still starts and the lights still work, haven't tried anything else.

First issue I've had with it in 7 years.
Left over crest; tightens.
KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:17 pm Galaxy now on winter tyres. Here ends the update.
Focus not yet on winter tyres. But I do now have four matching facelift MK3 16" alloys to put said tyres on.

I hope I'm not outdoing you're tedious report :D
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

KevH18 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:27 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:17 pm Galaxy now on winter tyres. Here ends the update.
Focus not yet on winter tyres. But I do now have four matching facelift MK3 16" alloys to put said tyres on.

I hope I'm not outdoing you're tedious report :D
Just wait for gripping update tomorrow. I've titled it "summer wheels going into the shed for storage". Don't want to say more just yet. No point in giving the whole update away.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Transfer box, front and rear diff oils changed on the ML. It has a random occupancy sensor fault on the front passenger seat which I need to look into also. Now at 135,000 miles.

I had to adjust and bugger about with the Defender transmission brake tonight. It was too many clicks on the handbrake. Annoyingly I changed the drum style brake for a disc style, I should have just got a new drum as the disc brake just isn’t as good as the drum.

Dave!
Last edited by V8Granite on Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

V8Granite wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:37 pm
I had to ghee about with the Defender transmission brake tonight. It was too many clicks on the handbrake.

Dave!
There's your problem.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

nuttinnew wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:43 pm
I had to ghee about with the Defender transmission brake tonight. It was too many clicks on the handbrake.

Dave!
There's your problem.
Thankyou for clarifying.

Dave!
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I think I might put the winter tyres on the merc this weekend if I can be bothered and the weather isn’t too bad. Didn’t ever get around to taking them off the mito so will probably just swap tyres front to back for MAXIMUM traction in EXTREME conditions.

Pretty sure I’m going to stick 205 55 16 winters on the oe compact wheels to replace the 225 50 on there, then use something from my collection for summer wheels. Just need to finish a couple of small jobs and get it motd to make sure there’s no other horrors lurking before I spend out on tyres.
Cheers, Harry
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

V8Granite wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:02 pm
nuttinnew wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:43 pm

Dave!
There's your problem.
Thankyou for clarifying.

Dave!
:lol: Bravo :D
tim

Post by tim »

I got the Jaguar booked in for it's fix-up today, 2nd week of Jan. Cannot wait to get back in that, as fun as the little Rover is. May have a buyer for that waiting already, which is nice.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Likewise thinking of flipping the Golf to a winter tyre.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I reckon the snow won’t settle this winter.
How about not having a sig at all?
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I used winter tyres all year round on the Touareg. They were simply quieter and more comfortable. I’d like to get some on the Cayenne to replace the P-Zeros that seem extremely noisy.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Tbh there didn’t seem to be much of a downside to using them on the mito, general driving about they were fine, if anything a little less grip made it a bit more fun. Only on long corners like turning right at a roundabout did they start to feel too soft and wash out. Also a noisier over shallow standing water, and had a slightly echoing thump over cars eyes.

I swapped the merc back when the weather warmed up as they squirmed noticeably under power and felt overloaded.
Cheers, Harry
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:57 am I used winter tyres all year round on the Touareg. They were simply quieter and more comfortable. I’d like to get some on the Cayenne to replace the P-Zeros that seem extremely noisy.
I would quite happily have used the winters all year round on my CLS, and may do so on my Audi. I'm intending to replace them with Cross Climates or similar when they wear out.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I hated the winters on our 1 series. In moderate temperatures they'd let go fairly happily even at low speeds. Haven't ever bothered since we sold that first one 5yrs ago - the summers work just fine 99.9% of the time.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

I've just fitted 4 Bridgestone Weather Control Evos onto the V60, be interesting to see how they compare to the previous Crossclimate + and the Goodyear 4 Seasons I've had previously.

1st impression is they're quieter, according to tests they're supposed to be the best wet weather tyre of all the all season ones available.