Your fleet running reports

McSwede

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by McSwede »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:43 pm
McSwede wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:22 pm ...bid a fond farewell to my M140i.
Time to change your avatar !!
Good shout 😂 Didn't think about that.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

dan wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:33 pm
nuttinnew wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:48 pm
dan wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:05 pm The rotating assembly (crank / flywheel, clutch, pulley) is exactly half the weight of a standard K20. 30 kilos vs 15kilos.
If I'd lost 15kg I'd be post it in the happy thread :o 8-)
Were you able to lose much anywhere else?
I'm losing weight all over the car, the target is sub 650 kilos. The engine will be almost 20 kilos lighter than a standard K20, the bottom end is super light, the rods and pistons are over a kilo lighter, the cams are lighter as they've got a third less lobes on them, the valvetrain is lighter etc etc

My carbon disks are over 3 kilos a corner lighter too, unsprung and rotational too for added bonusses....my bodywork is super thin lightweight fibreglass, my drivers seat weighs 3 kilos...the list goes on :lol:

That's the word I was looking for, valvetrain :oops: Why is the third lobe gone, VTEC no? 3kg a corner :lol: :o
Will it be road legal (if not suitable)?
I'd like to go through a car like that but can't see me ever being able to so it's great to hear and read about yours 8-)
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Audi managed a tank average of 44.3mpg last week. It's about 10% better overall than the CLS on fuel, which in no way offsets the near 50% increase in fuel cost at the pumps :lol:

Winter wheels probably going on next weekend, though perhaps not if it stays this warm.

Adblue top-up warning has appeared. Rather than putting 10l in each time it warns me as in my last A6, I've got 20l coming and will brim it (17l capacity, apparently) so hopefully will put off top-ups as long as possible. The warnings when you start up are bloody irritating.

Oh, and I increased the tyre pressures by 2psi front, 3psi rear because of my previously mentioned dislike of the Goodyear F1 Assymetric 5s. Now set to 38psi front, 35psi rear. It definitely feels better; tramlining seems to have been eliminated and the sidewalls don't look so squashed when parked now. I think it could easily cope with higher pressures still, but I'm not going to bother when the winter wheels are going on anyway.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Had a good day out in the 330e today with some mixed A road, motorway and town driving in the N.East. Started with a full battery and did 150 miles of which 36 were electric and managed 61.1mpg. Pretty impressive considering there was quite a bit of that on the A1.

Since I collected it on Friday I've done 402 miles using 32l of petrol and 49kw of electricity with a total cost of £55.16. As a comparison, the M140i averaged 30mpg over its 84000 miles and that same 402 miles of mixed driving would have cost me £91.

The 330e has impressed me so far but I do miss the grunt!

I mentioned in a previous post that it was charging from a 3 pin plug at 6amp. I stumbled across some settings in the idrive to adjust that so I have tweaked it up to 10amp which has dramatically reduced the charge time. From empty to full in approx 5.5hrs now. Once I've had a proper outlet wired in then I'll whack it up a bit more.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Waiting to turn right on the boxster on a green light junction earlier and some yoof with a clown mask on came bombing down a bus lane on an escooter. It was only by expecting to get killed from motorbike riding I missed the fucker.

That would have been good with zero chance of any money coming my way to fix the damage.

I need to reseal the roof at some point, other than that nothing to report.
John

Post by John »

I had a close call with one last week. As I was turning right out of a junction in the dark they overtook me on my right and then turned left across the front of me :roll:
Simon

Post by Simon »

Every town should have an industrial shredder supplied to it. For the first offence the police confiscate the e-scooter and feed it into the shredder whilst the owner watches. For the second offence the police feed the e-scooter rider into the shredder whilst the townsfolk watch.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Getting worse out there - those and 35 mph eletric cyclists who ignore lights as well - chuck them in the mangler too :lol:
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

McSwede wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:57 pm Once I've had a proper outlet wired in then I'll whack it up a bit more.
You can leave the car on Max. as the onboard charger will take (up to its design limits) whatever the source supplies.

10a is as much as the 3 pin will supply.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Carlos wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:35 pm
McSwede wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:57 pm Once I've had a proper outlet wired in then I'll whack it up a bit more.
You can leave the car on Max. as the onboard charger will take (up to its design limits) whatever the source supplies.

Ah. Ok. 5.5hrs for a full charge is fine though.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Carlos wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:35 pm
Will, someone has never watched Photonic Induction on YouTube....
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Popped into town in the ‘sud, haven’t driven it for a few weeks as the weather had been crap and the roads covered in shite, but a few dry days modest temps and some sunshine and I’m going to take it on the commute tomorrow.

Forget just how many people stare at it, more than anything else I’ve owned. Sadly mainly grey haired old men and not pretty young ladies :lol:

One of the lads at Halfords dashed out to take a pic as I started reversing out of my parking spot 🤣
Cheers, Harry
mik

Post by mik »

Broccers wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:36 pm Waiting to turn right on the boxster on a green light junction earlier and some yoof with a clown mask on came bombing down a bus lane on an escooter. It was only by expecting to get killed from motorbike riding I missed the fucker.
Warning - unpleasant footage.

Not sure why the camera car pauses when the lights turn green (just as he is coming to a halt)

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

On the plus side they will remember to stop, look and listen before they cross the road next time.
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Premium parking spot at Halfords.

Old car is smol

Needs a side by side with SJs galaxie :lol:
Cheers, Harry
Beany

Post by Beany »

That is legit adorable.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

mik wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:44 pm
Broccers wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:36 pm Waiting to turn right on the boxster on a green light junction earlier and some yoof with a clown mask on came bombing down a bus lane on an escooter. It was only by expecting to get killed from motorbike riding I missed the fucker.
Warning - unpleasant footage.

Not sure why the camera car pauses when the lights turn green (just as he is coming to a halt)

Kin ell.

Left hand turn green, red ahead. Ouch actually yes just turns green but vans traveling a bit quick
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:16 pm Premium parking spot at Halfords.

Old car is smol

Heh, that would be quite cool. Some kind of forum classic car meet. There's a few floating around now.

And that reminds me that I was going to reply to this:
integrale_evo wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:16 pm Forget just how many people stare at it, more than anything else I’ve owned. Sadly mainly grey haired old men and not pretty young ladies :lol:
I've been getting the exact same thing with the Galaxie ! Although one fairly young lady did stop and ask if she could take a photo of the car. I smiled and said yes, she continued ".... because my dad likes stuff like that" :(
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Filled up the Audi's adblue tank today. I may stick to 10l cartons in future because 20l was a bit of a pain; I think at one point I looked like Withnail trying to give his sample of unadulterated child's piss (from about 3:45)

drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:59 am
integrale_evo wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:16 pm Premium parking spot at Halfords.

Old car is smol

Heh, that would be quite cool. Some kind of forum classic car meet. There's a few floating around now.

And that reminds me that I was going to reply to this:
integrale_evo wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:16 pm Forget just how many people stare at it, more than anything else I’ve owned. Sadly mainly grey haired old men and not pretty young ladies :lol:
I've been getting the exact same thing with the Galaxie ! Although one fairly young lady did stop and ask if she could take a photo of the car. I smiled and said yes, she continued ".... because my dad likes stuff like that" :(
Will you wait for Tim to get the Jaaag sorted or make him come along in the Rover?