Your fleet running reports

nuttinnew

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by nuttinnew »

dan wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:05 pm The rotating assembly (crank / flywheel, clutch, pulley) is exactly half the weight of a standard K20. 30 kilos vs 15kilos.
If I'd lost 15kg I'd be post it in the happy thread :o 8-)
Were you able to lose much anywhere else?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Hit a pheasant; country lane with tree canopy in the dark, I missed one that had already been hit and was probably dead to have this one (which I think had already been hit as well) flap round from the verge back into the road in front of me. Don't like :(
I haven't looked yet to see if any damage, no where to pull over at the time and too much traffic, but if there is any at least it passed its mot a few days ago.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

nuttinnew wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:01 pm Hit a pheasant; country lane with tree canopy in the dark, I missed one that had already been hit and was probably dead to have this one (which I think had already been hit as well) flap round from the verge back into the road in front of me. Don't like :(
I haven't looked yet to see if any damage, no where to pull over at the time and too much traffic, but if there is any at least it passed its mot a few days ago.
are you sat in your car on your phone, afraid to look?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Rich B wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:21 pm
are you sat in your car on your phone, afraid to look?

Nope, indoors having a cuppa. It's raining atm, might wash off any feathers & bits.
Simon

Post by Simon »

dan wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:57 pm
speedingfine wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:59 am
dan wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:05 pm Its been a long time coming so it does feel good. The crank has taken over 2 years to get right, but should be worth it. The rotating assembly (crank / flywheel, clutch, pulley) is exactly half the weight of a standard K20. 30 kilos vs 15kilos....thats a shitload of weight to take out of the spinny round bits of an engine.
Blimey :lol:
Flywheel is 1100 grams :D
Crikey. I've had shits heavier than that.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

nuttinnew wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:01 pm Hit a pheasant; country lane with tree canopy in the dark, I missed one that had already been hit and was probably dead to have this one (which I think had already been hit as well) flap round from the verge back into the road in front of me. Don't like :(
Not nice for you.

I had a pigeon bounce off the top of my Audi this week, as I was doing about 60mph up the M5. It was flying quite low and slow across the motorway and it survived, I’m pleased to say.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

I had one wander out I front of the van the other day. I thought it would fly away. It didn’t………
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Ordered a set of Michelin Crossclimate 2 tyres for the Zoe through a well-known online retailer of such items. Paid extra for fitting at home. Fitter never showed and when I called several hours later there wasb no explanation, simply a "they can do next week". Rather unimpressed by the lack of communications. They were quick enough to ask for a review though.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I hope you gave them an appropriate review, Alex 😂
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

6 Series has passed its MOT, and with that 2021 has seen all 3 cars pass on first try for the first time. I shall invest a proportion of the savings on buying lube for 2022 :D
How about not having a sig at all?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Jobbo wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:09 am I hope you gave them an appropriate review, Alex 😂
Not yet, will really until they've actually fitted the tyres. But there will be some pointed words.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
dan

Post by dan »

nuttinnew wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:48 pm
dan wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:05 pm The rotating assembly (crank / flywheel, clutch, pulley) is exactly half the weight of a standard K20. 30 kilos vs 15kilos.
I'm losing weight all over the car, the target is sub 650 kilos. The engine will be almost 20 kilos lighter than a standard K20, the bottom end is super light, the rods and pistons are over a kilo lighter, the cams are lighter as they've got a third less lobes on them, the valvetrain is lighter etc etc

My carbon disks are over 3 kilos a corner lighter too, unsprung and rotational too for added bonusses....my bodywork is super thin lightweight fibreglass, my drivers seat weighs 3 kilos...the list goes on :lol:
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

dan wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:33 pm
nuttinnew wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:48 pm
I'm losing weight all over the car, the target is sub 650 kilos. The engine will be almost 20 kilos lighter than a standard K20, the bottom end is super light, the rods and pistons are over a kilo lighter, the cams are lighter as they've got a third less lobes on them, the valvetrain is lighter etc etc

My carbon disks are over 3 kilos a corner lighter too, unsprung and rotational too for added bonusses....my bodywork is super thin lightweight fibreglass, my drivers seat weighs 3 kilos...the list goes on :lol:
Are you planning to drive this naked too? 😂
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

We escaped up to Gleneagles on Friday night and it was really nice to drive the Boxster on some winding roads which also weren't absolutely covered in potholes and bumps. Car really is very finely balanced and a joy to drive, it does seem quite forgiving too, but I'm now wondering (and starting to see) if that's because it does need a bit more power. I think it was @Broccers who was saying that, but I just didn't feel like that at the time.
Cheers,

Mike.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Some cars just need that last little bit of silliness to make them work - I remember driving a supercharged Mini Cooper s and a CTR back to back in 2005 - the mini was so nicely balanced and composed, but it just wasn't fast enough to make it fun, whereas the CTR was all exciting revs and silliness - I bought the CTR.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Ascender wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:18 am We escaped up to Gleneagles on Friday night and it was really nice to drive the Boxster on some winding roads which also weren't absolutely covered in potholes and bumps. Car really is very finely balanced and a joy to drive, it does seem quite forgiving too, but I'm now wondering (and starting to see) if that's because it does need a bit more power. I think it was @Broccers who was saying that, but I just didn't feel like that at the time.
Yes another 100 bhp is required. :lol:
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Broccers wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:58 am
Ascender wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:18 am We escaped up to Gleneagles on Friday night and it was really nice to drive the Boxster on some winding roads which also weren't absolutely covered in potholes and bumps. Car really is very finely balanced and a joy to drive, it does seem quite forgiving too, but I'm now wondering (and starting to see) if that's because it does need a bit more power. I think it was @Broccers who was saying that, but I just didn't feel like that at the time.
Yes another 100 bhp is required. :lol:
Its got to be a 911 next then I guess...
Cheers,

Mike.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Ascender wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:41 am
Its got to be a 911 next then I guess...
4.0 boxster. Must start playing the lotto :lol:

This is slightly cheaper
https://www.tpcracing.com/product/987-1 ... turbo-kit/

The Accumoto Cayman Turbo RS gets some serious testing at Road America

After 22 months of R&D, our TPC Racing S2 Cayman S Turbo kit is now available to the public. With 460HP* on tap, the TPC Racing Cayman S Turbo will easily put you through the 1/4 mile in well under 12 seconds. During preliminary testing the TPC Racing test mule achieved a very respectable 11.7 second run @121mph; faster than a 997Turbo or a 997 GT3. However, with just a couple of TPC Racing’s optional upgrades, drivers can now achieve 1/4mile times that are right on the edge of 10 seconds with the potential to be even faster! That’s territory normally reserved for modified 997Turbo’s and big block American muscle.

McSwede

Post by McSwede »

I collected the 330e on Friday and bid a fond farewell to my M140i.

All my weekend running around has been purely on electric which has been nice and chilled. The 330e is lovely. The mocha leather looks great too.

So far I've done 260 miles and 100 have been electric. It's costing approx £2.30 to fill with leccy for approx 30 miles range. That's considerably better than the approx £8-£9 it'd cost to run the M140i over 30 miles of short runs locally. Also when I do the 30 miles of electric on business miles I'll claim back £4.20 in fuel so that's all good. Charged last night from 4%-100% in 9hrs 36mins from a 3 pin plug @ 6amp.

It is a very quiet and relaxed thing to do a decent journey in. The only downside is sometimes you don't realise how fast your going because it's so quiet. Android auto is ace too.

I miss the outright pace of the M140i but I find myself driving differently in the 330e and it's a very nice car. Looking forward to putting a lot of mileage on it and seeing what it's running cost are really like.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

McSwede wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:22 pm ...bid a fond farewell to my M140i.
Time to change your avatar !!