Your fleet running reports

Broccers

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Broccers »

Had to use the small van today for work (Mini) as theres no way 15000 envelopes would fit in mine.

It still impresses me just how good it is for a car that needs nothing spending on it weve been lucky. No real interest in changing it until it fails its mot next month :lol: :lol:
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

nuttinnew wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:52 pm
Ascender wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:55 pm Ran the car down to the reserve and filled-up with V-Power at an eye watering cost.

One week later? No error and the car is running very smoothly indeed which is something I can never remember happening before on V-Power when I've tried it with other cars.

I can't answer the why but the A2 gets similar codes running on 95 that also clear with V-Power. It's supposed to be fine on 95 rather than just "will run on". I'd forgotten about it until v recently when I filled with supermarket 95 because it was 20p odd a litre less than V-Power :o :lol: :evil:
Yeah, cost was a shock but now makes me think I should maybe swallow it and keep using it.

I'll be on Porsche-approved Pirellis next...
Cheers,

Mike.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Broccers wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:44 pm Had to use the small van today for work (Mini) as theres no way 15000 envelopes would fit in mine.

It still impresses me just how good it is for a car that needs nothing spending on it weve been lucky. No real interest in changing it until it fails its mot next month :lol: :lol:
I still miss having a Mini for bombing around in. Great fun and surprisingly reliable & low maintenance.
Cheers,

Mike.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Ascender wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:55 pm
Ascender wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:55 pm Ran the car down to the reserve and filled-up with V-Power at an eye watering cost.

One week later? No error and the car is running very smoothly indeed which is something I can never remember happening before on V-Power when I've tried it with other cars.

I can't answer the why but the A2 gets similar codes running on 95 that also clear with V-Power. It's supposed to be fine on 95 rather than just "will run on". I'd forgotten about it until v recently when I filled with supermarket 95 because it was 20p odd a litre less than V-Power :o :lol: :evil:
Yeah, cost was a shock but now makes me think I should maybe swallow it and keep using it.

I'll be on Porsche-approved Pirellis next...
Steady on.
Fuel prices seem to be all over the place atm, the price difference between normal and superfantastico especially seems to vary enormously station to station, never mind brand to brand. It's all the more annoying that they aren't often shown on the outside price boards :evil:
Beany

Post by Beany »

Ascender wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:55 pm

I have noticed that the E46 seems smoother in general on Super, with less of the subtle popping on the overrun etc. I'd not noticed that difference before E10 was a thing, but then I wasn't really looking for it either, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, I could actually pull out the diag gear and check fuel trims and timings and chart it up in excel....but that sounds like work.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Beany wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:00 pm I have noticed that the E46 seems smoother in general on Super, with less of the subtle popping on the overrun etc. I'd not noticed that difference before E10 was a thing, but then I wasn't really looking for it either, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apart from the popping I have noticed exactly the same on the Cayenne. I wasn't sure if I was imagining it.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Wheel question. Will go from ET45 to ET35 make any noticeable difference to my Swift's handling? (that may be the same question as, will a 10mm spacer make any difference)
I've seen some 15" wheels that look reasonable and would fit but the offset is ET35 on them.
Left over crest; tightens.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Ascender wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:09 pm
Broccers wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:44 pm Had to use the small van today for work (Mini) as theres no way 15000 envelopes would fit in mine.

I still miss having a Mini for bombing around in. Great fun and surprisingly reliable & low maintenance.
Absolutely brill cars 8-) 8-)
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

N18? Thinking of getting something cheapish but fun to replace the brilliant superb that sits on my drive all week.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Shlergen wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:40 pm N18? Thinking of getting something cheapish but fun to replace the brilliant superb that sits on my drive all week.
Yes its quick enough with a jb+ box and typhoon k&n. Its not rusted to bits yet either :lol:

I'm not sure its sporty as is tho. Would need another 50 bhp, lsd and suspension sorting - it would then be a proper little weapon :)

A N18 R55 JCW clubman would be the one to buy as theyre rare and wont lose any money imo.
I wouldnt say they are cheap tho.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265389334835 ... SwS4thglKT

:shock:

This is tho https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384489133840 ... SwXR9hAGMh
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

72K Mile major Service on the 4C at AlfaWorks, who are amusingly in "Roysten" but not Vasey. - first time it's been properly looked at since I bought it relatively cheaply, and was worried I might get a "Did you know the tub is cracked?" or something equally scary. They had 6 (!) 4C's parked up out front. The Black ones look much better in the metal than they do on the pictures...and I'm considering a lip spoiler.

Thankfully, service was all good news, bar potentially a new driveshaft next service. Total cost - £666 ( :twisted: ) so not cheap, but not bad. The car has had between me and the last owner, £2500 of maintenance work in 12 months, so hopefully nothing more to come.

The 5.5 hour round-motorway-trip has shwon me it's actually a reasonably comfortable distance car, as long as you keep below 70mph and avoid the exhaust boom.

Not sure the neighbours were too happy about the 5am Alfa Exhaust wake up, however.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

@Matty not too horrific 8-)
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

The M140i will be no more on Friday afternoon. On my way back from our London office I'll call in and collect my new 330e M-Sport touring. I've gone for mineral grey with mocha leather (ETA not pleather anymore) and lumbar support. They come loaded with kit like adaptive LED's, acoustic glass and top spec nav and dash.

Really going to miss the M140i but am looking forward to being £300+ a month better off in BiK. I may do an EoTR 😂
dan

Post by dan »

Elise engine going together for the final time, after countless dummy builds / crank's getting sent back for remedial work / recoating / etc etc

That little bead of grey sealant between the block and the cradle means the bottom end has gone together for the final time 8-)

With 15.5mm of lift and crazily fast opening rates, clearances are a huge issue with this engine, so now I begin the top end dummy build so I can take all the measurements I need - most important being lift at 50°, 55° and 60°...

Spot the missing cam lobes...

I thought I was being clever by assembling cylinder 1 valvetrain with the inner springs from some stock double valve springs, meaning they're very soft springs which will make it very easy to turn over and take the measurements....only there's so much lift they become coil bound before I get to full lift, so I can't turn the engine over at all :lol:
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Exciting! Must feel great to be doing these things for the last time (until you get the urge to tear it apart again).
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
dan

Post by dan »

Its been a long time coming so it does feel good. The crank has taken over 2 years to get right, but should be worth it. The rotating assembly (crank / flywheel, clutch, pulley) is exactly half the weight of a standard K20. 30 kilos vs 15kilos....thats a shitload of weight to take out of the spinny round bits of an engine.
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

That's fantastic, Dan.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

dan wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:05 pm Its been a long time coming so it does feel good. The crank has taken over 2 years to get right, but should be worth it. The rotating assembly (crank / flywheel, clutch, pulley) is exactly half the weight of a standard K20. 30 kilos vs 15kilos....thats a shitload of weight to take out of the spinny round bits of an engine.
Blimey :lol:
dan

Post by dan »

speedingfine wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:59 am
dan wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:05 pm Its been a long time coming so it does feel good. The crank has taken over 2 years to get right, but should be worth it. The rotating assembly (crank / flywheel, clutch, pulley) is exactly half the weight of a standard K20. 30 kilos vs 15kilos....thats a shitload of weight to take out of the spinny round bits of an engine.
Flywheel is 1100 grams :D
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

dan wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:57 pm
speedingfine wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:59 am
Flywheel is a auto flex plate :D
Edited that for you 😂

Dave!