Your fleet running reports

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Rich B »

Interesting idea - Airbnb for cars. Sounds like it has the potential for loads of hassle though! Keep us updated with experiences!
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Exactly, that's one of the reasons I went for a good value example instead of a mint, top spec verision. For example, the wheels are already kerbed :D
Foz

Post by Foz »

Entering the loltus in the Modsports away round at Croft..

Not driven the car in a year, be fine :lol:
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:55 pm Interesting idea - Airbnb for cars. Sounds like it has the potential for loads of hassle though! Keep us updated with experiences!
Indeed, interesting idea, compared to a typical car share service.
Might be a good way to try different cars out. I see there's a nice Disco down in Southampton, or a 2.5 BMW Z4 just down the road from me in Basingstoke.

Hi Gav!
Left over crest; tightens.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Hiya Jon!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Hi Gav. Hope nobody who hires it does this with it:
First comment, which isn't visible unless you click through: "Transpires the owner of the Wrangler hired it out via an app on which he specifically said no off-roading."
Marv

Post by Marv »

Welcome back Gav 👍
Oui, je suis un motard.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’d be inclined to stick an apple airtag in it.
How about not having a sig at all?
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:43 pm Hi Gav. Hope nobody who hires it does this with it:
First comment, which isn't visible unless you click through: "Transpires the owner of the Wrangler hired it out via an app on which he specifically said no off-roading."
:lol:
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Marv wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:10 pm Welcome back Gav 👍
Hola Marv 👋🏻
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:27 pm I’d be inclined to stick an apple airtag in it.
I've got remote services turned on so I can track the car and lock/unlock via my phone anyway. Adding an airtag as well is a pretty cool idea though.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Gavster wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:58 pm Exactly, that's one of the reasons I went for a good value example instead of a mint, top spec verision. For example, the wheels are already kerbed :D
I'm not sure I could live with other people farting in my drivers seat, but I can see the appeal of it somewhere like London where owning a car and parking it on the street, insuring it etc for the six times a year you actually need need it might seem a bit excessive.

Also, ey up. Been a while, eh?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Looks like a learning experience that scheme Gavster. :lol:
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Beany wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:04 pm
Gavster wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:58 pm Exactly, that's one of the reasons I went for a good value example instead of a mint, top spec verision. For example, the wheels are already kerbed :D
I'm not sure I could live with other people farting in my drivers seat, but I can see the appeal of it somewhere like London where owning a car and parking it on the street, insuring it etc for the six times a year you actually need need it might seem a bit excessive.

It has been a long time, it also occurred to me that we've known each other for twenty years :shock: how's life?
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:21 pm Looks like a learning experience that scheme Gavster. :lol:
100% :lol: fingers crossed it's not too painful 🤞🏻
Beany

Post by Beany »

Gavster wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:13 pm

It has been a long time, it also occurred to me that we've known each other for twenty years :shock: how's life?
For varying definitions of known ;) have we actually met? :D

Life is steady away for me, looking for a new job so that I'm not scrimping and saving at the end of every month, thanks to mental health related poor financial decisions, but hey, what can you do? I'm walking and talking, that's good enough.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Beany wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:01 pm
Gavster wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:13 pm

For varying definitions of known ;) have we actually met? :D

Life is steady away for me, looking for a new job so that I'm not scrimping and saving at the end of every month, thanks to mental health related poor financial decisions, but hey, what can you do? I'm walking and talking, that's good enough.
Only in the digital sense of 'meeting' :) sounds like life's 60/40 although which way around that ratio goes is anyone's guess :D
Beany

Post by Beany »

Tips a coin on any given day at the moment :lol:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Ola, Gavster. I know the name from others mentioning it but it would seem I've been around long enough to have seen you posting before...I don't remember :? :oops:
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Shittest picture in the world, but I replaced the Alpine HU in the 4C with a cheapo Pioneer. Problem with the 4C is there is nowhere to securely put a phone. I don't like the once that clip to the vents, so found this for £100. No point spending huge amounts when I don't have DAB and it's not exactly known for its great audio setup. Put's an app on your phone to then control the stereo. Works quite well, I'm surpised.

Swapping a single DIN HU was like being back in the 90's! Not done it for years. Made all the easier by the fact I can just stick my head under the dash and access all the cables directly to the rear :lol: For some reason however this stereo has a 2.5mm audio jack so I need an adaptor, but not sure I'll bother.
PXL_20210727_150052142 (2).jpg
PXL_20210727_150052142 (2).jpg (103.61 KiB) Viewed 1543 times