Your fleet running reports

Coaster1

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Coaster1 »

mik wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:40 pm I had one as a courtesy car back around 2007 - not the sport and it wasn’t fast, but it still felt like a bit of a hooligan. 8-)
👌
Peterlplp wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:07 pm i30 N is worth a look if you're thinking of a velocipede. More practical design and quicker.
£ :o :shock:
Matty wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:44 pm
Has Sir considered an Up GTi?

I didn't realise until recently that ex-forumite Brucie Bunta also owns an Up GTi. Always knew he was a man of class and culture.
😎 £ :? :| :o :(
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I still enjoy driving my mito 🤷🏻‍♂️

Did 550 miles over two days into around and home from wales this week.
Cheers, Harry
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Matty wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:44 pm
Has Sir considered an Up GTi?

I didn't realise until recently that ex-forumite Brucie Bunta also owns an Up GTi. Always knew he was a man of class and culture.
😎 £ :? :| :o :(
[/quote]

Our other car is an Up GTI and It's a little belter. Won't hear a word against it!
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

One down. I really wanted to get the bolt out in one piece but it wasn’t having it. Angle grinder made quite short work of it. I won’t bother being polite with the other side. Straight in with the brute force.

The rear bush looked sound but is noticeably squished to one side. I think it might have been fluid-filled originally and the fluid is long gone.

EE764E4A-B024-436E-AB49-339EA2D770CF.jpeg
EE764E4A-B024-436E-AB49-339EA2D770CF.jpeg (190.14 KiB) Viewed 1274 times
1509A02D-CA3D-48D6-BE87-944FE3B2E31C.jpeg
1509A02D-CA3D-48D6-BE87-944FE3B2E31C.jpeg (120.89 KiB) Viewed 1274 times
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Swift has an irritating squeak from the passenger A pillar. I took the panel off and applied some anti squeak tape along the edge. Hopefully it now no longer squeaks.

Now have 9.7m of anti squeak tape to find a use for.
Left over crest; tightens.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

4C Update after 2 weeks.
Tyre pressures (PS4S rear, PS4 front!) were way off - rears were the correct 29, but the fronts were on 32 :shock: instead of 26. Now dropped, not made a massive difference to feel but it definately softened the ride, especially hitting ruts. Now I've had a chance to take it down some twistier stuff and it does get thrown off-line way more than the Elise/Exige ever did. While they brushed minor undulations off, you constantly need two hands on the wheel with the 4C. It's busy....if this is 'fixed' it must have been pretty awful out of the box. Can things like that be improved any further? I'm not educated enough to know if things like geometry and damping will have enough of an impact or issues like this are deeper engineered.

Either way, that plus the boosty nature means you don't get the kind of confidence you'd have in an Elise to really push....not that I do really these days, but still, it can be nervy despite massive grip levels. Otherwise, it's seriously quick to the ton and feels like a properly special, mad little thing 8-) ...although mega paranoia about where it's parked mainly due to it's width so it won't fit in regular spaces if you want any chance of getting out.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Sounds brilliant @Matty
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Matty wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:36 pm
speedingfine wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:09 pm W124 now on eBay as the missus wants a dog :lol:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124789089622
£3k doesn't go far in the dog world these days...
Sold for £2850 to a man not answering messages and feedback score of 3. Yes, I forgot there was an option to screen such people out, but I've remembered it now :(

Ah how I've missed you eBay :lol:
mik

Post by mik »

Matty wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:17 pm. Can things like that be improved any further? I'm not educated enough to know if things like geometry and damping will have enough of an impact or issues like this are deeper engineered.
Unfortunately you’ve been spoilt by some superb chassis, and the 4C was never revered for that aspect. You need someone knowledgeable to assess what could improve things - probably any forums are the best place to assess that? 🤔
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Matty wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:17 pm 4C Update after 2 weeks.
Tyre pressures (PS4S rear, PS4 front!) were way off - rears were the correct 29, but the fronts were on 32 :shock: instead of 26. Now dropped, not made a massive difference to feel but it definately softened the ride, especially hitting ruts. Now I've had a chance to take it down some twistier stuff and it does get thrown off-line way more than the Elise/Exige ever did. While they brushed minor undulations off, you constantly need two hands on the wheel with the 4C. It's busy....if this is 'fixed' it must have been pretty awful out of the box. Can things like that be improved any further? I'm not educated enough to know if things like geometry and damping will have enough of an impact or issues like this are deeper engineered.

Either way, that plus the boosty nature means you don't get the kind of confidence you'd have in an Elise to really push....not that I do really these days, but still, it can be nervy despite massive grip levels. Otherwise, it's seriously quick to the ton and feels like a properly special, mad little thing 8-) ...although mega paranoia about where it's parked mainly due to it's width so it won't fit in regular spaces if you want any chance of getting out.
https://www.alfaworks.co.uk/#lastPage

From a google these guys make some wishbone spacers to adjust the geometry, reviews of the product seem positive 🤷‍♂️
Matty

Post by Matty »

mik wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:24 pm Unfortunately you’ve been spoilt by some superb chassis, and the 4C was never revered for that aspect. You need someone knowledgeable to assess what could improve things - probably any forums are the best place to assess that? 🤔
True - I don't ever expect to hit the Evora highs but it's an interesting driving trait for sure. Most forums proclaim it to be "completely fixed" by the Alfaworks geo setup. Problem with one make forums is they can be something of a circle-jerk sometimes.
jamcg wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:03 pm https://www.alfaworks.co.uk/#lastPage

From a google these guys make some wishbone spacers to adjust the geometry, reviews of the product seem positive 🤷‍♂️
I already have that. Never driven without it so can't compare! I mean I'm not knocking Alfaworks, they clearly know the cars inside and out mechanically but no idea how knowledgable they are about geometry, it's all witchcraft to me....no doubt if it was easy all cars would ride and handle like an Evora.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Remind me @Matty , has it got electric steering or hydraulic?
Matty

Post by Matty »

Coaster1 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:20 am Remind me @Matty , has it got electric steering or hydraulic?
Neither! Unassisted 8-)
GG.

Post by GG. »

First longer trip in the RR at the weekend - wafted up to Oxford and back in supreme comfort all the time averaging >30mpg (up to 34.9 at one point!)

Fits right in parked outside a nice Oxfordshire pub for lunch

and a perfect place to carry home the remains of a bottle of burgundy afterwards :lol:

I swung by Jezza's new farm shop on the Sunday but didn't fancy the hour long queue...

So went to look at some neolithic rocks instead...as you do :geek:

Beany

Post by Beany »

"and a perfect place to carry home the remains of a bottle of burgundy afterwards"

Rear cupholders in the puma were the perfect size for a bottle of wine too and held it nice and tight, so your range rover is in good company ;)
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Good to see young kids and teenagers so willing to shop at local farm shops these days eh.
How about not having a sig at all?
GG.

Post by GG. »

Yes the clientele / car park was not your average Oxfordshire farm shop :lol:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

'New' farm shop? It opened in February 2020: https://www.fwi.co.uk/farm-life/jeremy- ... -tv-series
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Matty wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:12 pm Neither! Unassisted 8-)
:o Can’t be that many new/new-ish cars with unassisted steering! Caterham? That’s about it.
GG. wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:22 pm
I swung by Jezza's new farm shop on the Sunday but didn't fancy the hour long queue...

:D

James May’s pub isn’t a million miles from me; may have to take a trip there.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

GG. wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:22 pm First longer trip in the RR at the weekend - wafted up to Oxford and back in supreme comfort all the time averaging >30mpg (up to 34.9 at one point!)

Fits right in parked outside a nice Oxfordshire pub for lunch
I initially thought this was the Trout but now not so sure...