Your fleet running reports

Simon

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Simon »

Could just be the AC clutch needs adjusting. Pretty common on older cars.

Try tapping it with a pin hammer when the Aircon is switched on
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Matty wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:06 pm

However, train costs are nuts! I went from the West Mids to Edinburgh 1st class for £90 pre-lockdown. I'm getting about £120 to go in peasant class down to Exeter. Guess it's all the social distancing.
Ticketsplit..
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Jimexpl wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:37 am
integrale_evo wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:35 am I’ve been so tempted to bin off the mito and use the golf as a daily when I’ve finished with it.

The only thing that puts me off is the lack of aircon. I’m getting soft in my old age. Oe stuff is available, but silly rare, not sure what aftermarket retrofit options there are but bet they’re not cheap.
I’ve had a few installs made up using parts from Car Builder Solutions, and they works pretty well considering the limitations on where you can put vents on older cars.
Well that’s my new favourite shop found 😂
Cheers, Harry
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

V8Granite wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:57 pm
Delphi wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:48 pm Final fix will be fix the broken track in the instrument cluster, but I'll do that when I pull it out to replace all the incandescent bulbs with LEDs.
Have you sat in a car with the LED replacements ? People did it on Landrovers and W124s and they all had really bright spots where the LED was which made the light look silly. They don’t have a relaxing glow and are quite distracting at night. Also I don’t know if you have dimmable dash lights but they just don’t work well with them.

Dave!
I know about the lack of dimming control (without an appropriate resistor) and that's not really an issue for me. The 928 LED conversions I've seen look really good. You don't get bright spots as the 928's cluster is actually lit by diffusers around the cluster rather than direct light from the bulbs themselves. Also, LEDs run cooler which means less chance of instrument cluster issues caused by lifted tracks and other forms of heat damage.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

That’s an improvement then, you see it a lot especially with LED number plate lights.

I might have to order a load of spare bulbs for the Merc dash as I like the full yellow glow of the lights if they are being removed from sale at some point.

Dave!
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Boxster sailed through MOT with zero advisories. This clears the way to my mate buying it in a couple of weeks. Then onto the next adventure... booked a test drive on a Giulia...
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Matty wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:06 pm New car has finished prep and is ready for collection next week. Shame the weather is due to be utterly dire, not exactly ideal for dangerous RWD.
Giulia Quadrifoglio?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I put the TT back together today. It was quite surprising how bad the engine bay fuel pipes were. Cracking and going quite hard. I replaced them with R9 spec pipe to handle the fuel we have now.

It’s boosting a few hundred rpm lower and on the short 5 mile test drive the EML has stayed off so fingers crossed that stays the same when I take it for a longer drive later.

Dave!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I am in discussions about my wheel alignment not being spot on. The internet says and the guys who did it my car might have had a nudge on the right offside corner. Someone said I needed a new control arm, the garage owner says I might need the subframe adjusting. I am now suspicious about the whole thing.

Surely this is not a difficult thing to achieve.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Broccers wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:50 pm
Surely this is not a difficult thing to achieve.
:lol: :evil:
Obvs totally different cars but I have the same problem with the A2. Covid and despair mean I haven't done anything about it for a couple of years, it's not killing tyres and while they do wear unevenly they wear v. slowly. I did find a company in Berks or Bucks I want to try, they've got a forum about geo also, and tweak to solve a problem rather than just say "it's within spec". I'll try and find their info again, I can't remember it oottomh :oops:
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Explosive Newt wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:12 pm Boxster sailed through MOT with zero advisories. This clears the way to my mate buying it in a couple of weeks. Then onto the next adventure... booked a test drive on a Giulia...
Finally getting some class on the forum. Veloce with PP or QF I hope!
Coaster1 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:15 pm
Matty wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:06 pm New car has finished prep and is ready for collection next week. Shame the weather is due to be utterly dire, not exactly ideal for dangerous RWD.
Giulia Quadrifoglio?
:shock:
mik

Post by mik »

Well? Is it?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Matty wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:53 pm
Explosive Newt wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:12 pm Boxster sailed through MOT with zero advisories. This clears the way to my mate buying it in a couple of weeks. Then onto the next adventure... booked a test drive on a Giulia...
Giulia Quadrifoglio?
I looked at one last time I changed cars and had one on demo for a few days. It drove really nicely but too many things annoyed me.

Boot opening didn't seem very practical, seats were uncomfortable on longer journeys, infotainment system was crap compared to Merc I had and way behind idrive. If you wear polarised sunglasses then the infotainment screen is rendered unreadable. The rear legroom seemed poor compared to C class I had at the time.

If I remember anymore I'll add later 😂
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Matty wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:53 pm
Veloce… still considering all the options!
McSwede wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:22 pm

Giulia Quadrifoglio?

I looked at one last time I changed cars and had one on demo for a few days. It drove really nicely but too many things annoyed me.

Boot opening didn't seem very practical, seats were uncomfortable on longer journeys, infotainment system was crap compared to Merc I had and way behind idrive. If you wear polarised sunglasses then the infotainment screen is rendered unreadable. The rear legroom seemed poor compared to C class I had at the time.

Uh oh :lol:
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

mik wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:17 pmWell? Is it?
Unfortnately, no - but not a million miles off...
McSwede wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:22 pm I looked at one last time I changed cars and had one on demo for a few days. It drove really nicely but too many things annoyed me.

There was a revision in 2018 I think, that improved numerous things, Infotainment especially - which MY did you test?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Matty wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:30 pm
McSwede wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:22 pm I looked at one last time I changed cars and had one on demo for a few days. It drove really nicely but too many things annoyed me.

There was a revision in 2018 I think, that improved numerous things, Infotainment especially - which MY did you test?
It was almost 3 yes ago. I was gutted as that's what I really wanted but I do too many miles and it wasn't the right car for me despite how well it drove and how it looked.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Matty wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:30 pm
Maserati Ghibli diesel?
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

I did a wbac quote on my 740d, its gone up in value by almost 10k in 3 months, I am seriously tempted to sell it.

Thas £3k/month rent for sitting on my drive :lol:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Do it - nobody is ever going to pay you to drive a luxobarge ever again. Unless you become a chauffeur.
mik

Post by mik »

JIC(A)