Your fleet running reports

NGRhodes

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by NGRhodes »

Changed the boot struts. Being 6 foot tall I am a perfect height to open the tailgate open fully with my head whilst I swapped the struts over (only took 6 minutes as only held on with spring clips).
mik

Post by mik »

Your head is only held on by spring clips? :shock:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’ve finally got round to changing an intermittent parking sensor that some chap kindly ran into whilst on a moped in Italy.
Weirdly it always worked fine in the countryside then started throwing a failure error in London.
Removing the rear bumper was a simple job because when BMW replaced another parking sensor on the rear years ago they only refitted 6 of the 12 screws :roll:
How about not having a sig at all?
mik

Post by mik »

Sunday evening.
Early dinner.
Bit of time before Line Of Duty.
Slightly down about work in the morning.... time for a quick blast! :idea:

Dukes Pass is a torturously twisty ribbon of tarmac at Aberfoyle. You spend most of it in 2nd with occasional forays into 3rd. Some of the tighter turns could probably use 1st.

Barely another car on the road there or back - a 991/992 (not sure which :oops: ) passed in the opposite direction as I was starting it - he was grinning. Bone dry but just 2DegC showing on the fascia (down to 1DegC at one point - a little snowfall on the way home) but the MPS4S would have convinced me it was more like 22DegC such was their grip. Just immense and highly immersive. 😎

speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Nice one Mik, Evora looking great as always. I had a 50 mile blast today (B4364 wonderfully clear of traffic, thank you for staying home Sunday drivers). Some snow on my drive too! Clears the cobwebs eh 8-)
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

NSF caliper was binding on the Scimitar when we took it out at the weekend. Quite scarily so by the time it was warmed up, the steering wheel would try to wrench itself out of your hands under moderate braking. Caliper stripped down and:

B0AA34F7-6E9B-4B40-9BE5-FD018BBFF285.jpeg
B0AA34F7-6E9B-4B40-9BE5-FD018BBFF285.jpeg (83.27 KiB) Viewed 1679 times

Yeah. That’ll do it.

New calipers ordered, and some braided hoses because why not ?

(also yes - they are 3-pot calipers)
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

mik wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:32 pm Sunday evening.
Early dinner.
Bit of time before Line Of Duty.
Slightly down about work in the morning.... time for a quick blast! :idea:

Dukes Pass is a torturously twisty ribbon of tarmac at Aberfoyle. You spend most of it in 2nd with occasional forays into 3rd. Some of the tighter turns could probably use 1st.

Barely another car on the road there or back - a 991/992 (not sure which :oops: ) passed in the opposite direction as I was starting it - he was grinning. Bone dry but just 2DegC showing on the fascia (down to 1DegC at one point - a little snowfall on the way home) but the MPS4S would have convinced me it was more like 22DegC such was their grip. Just immense and highly immersive. 😎

So jealous. Glad to hear the MPS4Ss are up to the task whatever the temperature.

Sadly, I only got as far as the supermarket this weekend.

Should’ve parked it next to the trolleys. Would’ve blended in well given the wing.
mik

Post by mik »

Always good to see some EXTREME SHOPPING unfolding.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

mik wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:32 pm Dukes Pass is a torturously twisty ribbon of tarmac at Aberfoyle. You spend most of it in 2nd with occasional forays into 3rd. Some of the tighter turns could probably use 1st.
Visited there last October, it was on a Saturday morning so unfortunately it was too congested.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Maurice wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:59 pm
😎
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

AC stopped working on the 308, Fan Control Module failed, front bumper off, wiring and fan checked and all good, new module unit fitted, faults cleared and we have AC again.

I hate spending money etc on that car, why won't it die 😂

But, its great for the wife to park in school car park and not worry about the car getting damaged, same with going to the supermarket, and its great for going to the tip in as its massive inside.

I suppose its alright really.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

New battery for the e36. Not very exciting but means I can start it and move it around at will without having to faff about.

Still sounds amazing, tempted to just finish the welding and leave the shabby bodywork for another time. Long term I’d love to share daily duties between the e36 and ‘sud and bin off the mito, but then wouldn’t have anything I’d want to use through the winter 🙃
Cheers, Harry
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Just spotted that the car of one of the buidlers working next door was parked very close to the front of the 330 (which is on the road at present due to skip on the drive).

He was incredibly apologetic and thankfully there's no damage - it was just number plates kissing. Still, he's offered to put the ridge tile back on our front bay roof that slipped off a few weeks ago! :)
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:13 am Just spotted that the car of one of the buidlers working next door was parked very close to the front of the 330 (which is on the road at present due to skip on the drive).

He was incredibly apologetic and thankfully there's no damage - it was just number plates kissing. Still, he's offered to put the ridge tile back on our front bay roof that slipped off a few weeks ago! :)
I won’t buy it now thanks. GLWS :D
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

:lol:
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

As part of my ongoing mission to restore both the gear shift indicator lights and reversing lights, I discovered that there's a microswitch on the underside of the steering column that gets actuated by a lobe on the ignition barrel. This switch switches the door/seatbelt chime and also 12v to the gear indicator circuit and then to the switch on the transmission. Half of the switch on mine was missing and it wasn't connected to anything. I found the connector tucked away under the dash pod. Ordered a new part from my local OPC for the princely sum of £28. It's coming from Germany as there's no stock in the UK but they quoted 5 days lead time. I'm hoping this will fix both issues in one go.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Foz

Post by Foz »

Porsche been finished for 2 weeks, too busy to collect it.

Anyone went a 911 😂
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I finally bought a small wet vac / carpet cleaner to use on the cars. I’ve just had a go at the floor mats from the Cayenne with predictably disgusting results :D So much mud & sand. I think I’m going to have to remove all the seats & centre console so I can do the main carpet thoroughly.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:17 pm I finally bought a small wet vac / carpet cleaner to use on the cars. I’ve just had a go at the floor mats from the Cayenne with predictably disgusting results :D So much mud & sand. I think I’m going to have to remove all the seats & centre console so I can do the main carpet thoroughly.
Deeply satisfying job 😃 I got a drill brush too to get all the muck out.

Got my wet dry vacuum from Screwfix, it's about a quarter of the weight of our main vacuum cleaner (Henry) missus isn't happy, think we'll have to get a new one for the house now :lol:
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

NGRhodes wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:00 pm Changed the boot struts. Being 6 foot tall I am a perfect height to open the tailgate open fully with my head whilst I swapped the struts over (only took 6 minutes as only held on with spring clips).
Cheers for reminding me. I kept twatting my head on the Auris' (hidden gem edition) tailgate as I'm 6'2" and the struts just can't manage the last bit. I ordered some from the StrutDepot (£21.00 the pair), and now the tailgate opens with such renewed vigour, I have to be mindfull it doesn't twat me in the chin :lol:
Cheers.

Gwaredd