PCP: Nissan Cashcow

DeskJockey

PCP: Nissan Cashcow

Post by DeskJockey »

TL;DR Parental Car Purchase - dad bought a new dealer demo Qashqai.

The long read...

My sister and her boyfriend have realised a dream and moved out to the sticks in a sort of shared smallholding with chickens, sheep, etc. They were unsure about needing a car, despite what the rest of us told (20 minute drive to the train station). Took them a week to decide they needed one. After a month of budget creep they got to a level that made my dad suggest they buy his 2011 Octavia. They said yes, but needed it quickly, so dad asked me for options. He wanted a small petrol SUV at a modest budget.

After a bit of research I pointed him towards a Qashqai in Visia spec as being the biggest of the options he was willing to pay for - in fact they're
suspiciously cheap in Denmark. A decent spec one is about the same as a Mokka/Captur/Vitara while being a fair bit larger and based on my experience of hire cars far more of a proper car than some of the smaller faux-by-fours.

He went to try one today and messaged me saying he'd bought the dealer demo. 1.2 DIG-T 115bhp in N-Connecta spec with (based on the list price he quoted) most of the options list thrown at it. First registered in October with 5k miles on the clock and he got a discount of about 15% over list.

Will find out more later.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Jimmy Choo

Re: PCP: Nissan Cashcow

Post by Jimmy Choo »

If it's in Denmark, how many tens of thousands of euros did he pay?
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Is your mum going to head to the dealer soon to give them a massive telling off for selling your dad a car he wanted?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

DeskJockey wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:34 pm N-Connecta
Sounds proper bo. :D
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Rich B wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:38 pm Is your mum going to head to the dealer soon to give them a massive telling off for selling your dad a car he wanted?
I doubt it. she passed away four years ago.
---
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:21 pm If it's in Denmark, how many tens of thousands of euros did he pay?
Kroner you mean? They've changed the car tax so it is less painful. List with options was 315k (£36.6k). The base N-Connecta model is still nearly £9k more in Denmark than here though.
---
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Dealer demo's tend to come well loaded so they can demonstrate and sell more options. Sounds like your dad has got a good deal there with 15% off.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Orange Cola wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:53 pm Dealer demo's tend to come well loaded so they can demonstrate and sell more options. Sounds like your dad has got a good deal there with 15% off.
I hope so. Helps that he used a broker whose family used to own the dealership.
---
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

DeskJockey wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:24 pm
Jimmy Choo wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:21 pm If it's in Denmark, how many tens of thousands of euros did he pay?
Kroner you mean? They've changed the car tax so it is less painful. List with options was 315k (£36.6k). The base N-Connecta model is still nearly £9k more in Denmark than here though.
Yes, of course Kroner! :oops:
Banal Vapid Platitudes