CGAF about any of that.

Defenders are shit cars for cunts.

For example - Mito has one.

The end.
Nathan

Re: Lord Metcalf’s 007 Spectre Defender

Post by Nathan »

I didn't realise Harry owned it.

25% auction premium is obscene. How are they wrangling that ?

No commission for the sellers? (like at the regular auctions now)
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:32 pm CGAF about any of that.

For example - Mito has one.

The end.
If I were a rich man I’d have a G Wagon.
How about not having a sig at all?
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

I can't be bothered to do multi-quotes but...

Marv is correct. Harry is very good at buying at the right time and selling at the right time. I wonder how much he bought his Zonda for, spent improving it and then flogged it for?

Re: people who want to be Bond. Is there a better way to announce that you have a penis so small that people with micropeniseses laugh at you?

IM(NH)O Defenders as road cars are rubbish. As a way to drive off road and repair with a hammer and duct tape, they seem fine. I really enjoyed driving the one on Jobbos stag do but it's a toy for playing in the mud, not a car for driving any distance or speed in.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:56 pm IM(NH)O Defenders as road cars are rubbish. As a way to drive off road and repair with a hammer and duct tape, they seem fine. I really enjoyed driving the one on Jobbos stag do but it's a toy for playing in the mud, not a car for driving any distance or speed in.
The thing is, David turned up in his Defender, drove one around all day then drove home in his again. And he loves it; he bought it to replace a Skoda Superb estate for schlepping up and down the M6. Sometimes a Defender is the right choice.

Not at £300k+ but I guess at that price you're not actually going to drive it anyway. Probably a better investment to buy a load of the final run-out special editions if you have £300k to spend on Defenders.
mik

Post by mik »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:25 pm
Jimmy Choo wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:56 pm IM(NH)O Defenders as road cars are rubbish. As a way to drive off road and repair with a hammer and duct tape, they seem fine. I really enjoyed driving the one on Jobbos stag do but it's a toy for playing in the mud, not a car for driving any distance or speed in.
The thing is, David turned up in his Defender, drove one around all day then drove home in his again. And he loves it.
I hadnt realised Mito was at your stag do. :?
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

mik wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:40 pm
Jobbo wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:25 pm
The thing is, David turned up in his Defender, drove one around all day then drove home in his again. And he loves it.
I hadnt realised Mito was at your stag do. :?
He was the stripper.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Foz

Post by Foz »

Actual genuine LOL there, I skimmed the first post yesterday and "saw" £36,500 and went absolute meh, POS! :lol:

Today I realise it was actually 10x as much :lol: :cry: :roll:
Foz

Post by Foz »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:32 pm

The end.
Oh and that!
Richard

Post by Richard »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:32 pm I can't remember the exact story but wasn't it that Harry's one was built by svo as a road going homage to the film vehicles where as andys was one of the actual film vehicles which he then had made road legal.

I think

Maybe

From the listing...
Unlike most of the other Spectres, which were used only for publicity purposes or not at all, this example was used extensively in the filming and still has marks on its bonnet left by the stuntmen. Unusually, it retains its mechanical handbrake and 'SVX' boot badges (most of the other vehicles had theirs removed) and also key tags identifying it as an official film car, etc. The first private owner had the pick of all ten Spectre Defenders and chose this one as it is the most significant.

Representing a possibly once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to acquire one of the most memorable' Bond' vehicles of recent times, this imposing Spectre Defender if offered with the owner's wallet containing the handbook and (blank) service booklet; current MoT certificate; UK V5C document for the most appropriate registration 'OO07 SVX'; and a framed presentation featuring movie stills, the shooting schedule, and an Austrian licence plate.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I know it's now compulsory to show #someimagination and #humanempathy towards things I don't get - but is there anything more tragic than taking a car from a film so seriously? Especially when it's a POS in the first place?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Imagine pulling up to Margot Robbie in a Spectre Defender - THE ONE USED IN THE MOVIE in fact - as you proudly tell her about its provenance. You’ll be balls deep in her within 5 minutes.
How about not having a sig at all?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

If I had that in writing, signed by her and verified as authentic, I'd buy a Defender literally this evening.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:17 pm I know it's now compulsory to show #someimagination and #humanempathy towards things I don't get - but is there anything more tragic than taking a car from a film so seriously? Especially when it's a POS in the first place?
It's not even like it's particularly iconic either is it? It was used for a chase down a mountain, hardly something likely to be remembered as one of the classic bond cars.

Just strikes me as a trinket for rich people to show off how cool they are and how much money they've got, much like most of the cars sold at high profile auctions.

80k km e30 m3 for £130k + fees anyone? Where were the serious collectors ten years ago when they were £12k on autotrader?
Cheers, Harry
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

integrale_evo wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:32 pm 80k km e30 m3 for £130k + fees anyone? Where were the serious collectors ten years ago when they were £12k on autotrader?
Pretty sure they were £6/7k not long before that..
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

i meant sport evos really, which I don't think ever dropped below 10 even for scrappy ones.

I remember si Virgo many years ago talking about several normal e30 m3s he had bought in the 3-4K range. Would have been nice to have a few sat in a barn somewhere :lol:
Cheers, Harry
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Off the top of my head, I'm struggling to think of anything else that has rocketed in value so much, pro rata.

A quick look on PH shows good/mint ones to be £60k+
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

integrale_evo wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:32 pm
JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:17 pm I know it's now compulsory to show #someimagination and #humanempathy towards things I don't get - but is there anything more tragic than taking a car from a film so seriously? Especially when it's a POS in the first place?
It's not even like it's particularly iconic either is it? It was used for a chase down a mountain, hardly something likely to be remembered as one of the classic bond cars.

Just strikes me as a trinket for rich people to show off how cool they are and how much money they've got, much like most of the cars sold at high profile auctions.

80k km e30 m3 for £130k + fees anyone? Where were the serious collectors ten years ago when they were £12k on autotrader?
I confess to struggling to remember that behemoth appearing, may have to watch the Blueray I bough on release date which is still wrapped.

I have driven a LWB Defender once. It was off road and did remarkably well but I would not want to drive one around.