Teh Spotted Thread

User avatar
ZedLeg
Posts: 1463
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by ZedLeg » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:51 am

Mito Man wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:20 pm

Image
This 355 is mint and another car which is usually covered up. I looked it up and it’s only done 18,000 miles.
The Mclaren is a 650. There’s a FF in the corner but no longer joined by its GTC4 mate. Old Bentley in the background. Usually there’s 2 360’s parked by each other - summer is awesome.
Love the dickhead parking with that McLaren. At least they've got a cover to make it harder for someone to key :lol:.
An absolute unit

User avatar
Zonda_
Posts: 761
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:35 pm

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by Zonda_ » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:03 am

I don't tend to view that as dickhead parking these days, more like protecting their pride and joy in spaces that haven't increased in size the way cars have. The 355 is a tiny car and look how tight it sits in that bay.

User avatar
Mito Man
Posts: 2384
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by Mito Man » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:05 am

It won’t get keyed here, you just get an automatic £60 per day fine added to your reg plate - the carpark barrier won’t open till you’ve paid it.
How about not having a sig at all?

User avatar
Mito Man
Posts: 2384
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by Mito Man » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:10 am

On this weeks episode of what will the MG dealership do next...

Image

It’s a fucking cake shop now. The fridges were also packed with MG branded cakes. What the actual fuck.
How about not having a sig at all?

User avatar
ZedLeg
Posts: 1463
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by ZedLeg » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:09 pm

Zonda_ wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:03 am
I don't tend to view that as dickhead parking these days, more like protecting their pride and joy in spaces that haven't increased in size the way cars have. The 355 is a tiny car and look how tight it sits in that bay.
The Superfast is wider and almost fits in 1 space, 650S guy would've been fine. I calls it likes I sees it.
An absolute unit

User avatar
Swervin_Mervin
Posts: 1017
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:58 pm

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by Swervin_Mervin » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:37 pm

ZedLeg wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:09 pm
Zonda_ wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:03 am
I don't tend to view that as dickhead parking these days, more like protecting their pride and joy in spaces that haven't increased in size the way cars have. The 355 is a tiny car and look how tight it sits in that bay.
The Superfast is wider and almost fits in 1 space, 650S guy would've been fine. I calls it likes I sees it.
Is it public parking? Maybe he's paid for two spaces

User avatar
ZedLeg
Posts: 1463
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by ZedLeg » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:40 pm

Didn't realise I'd get so many people leaping to the defense of some guy and their McLaren :lol:.
An absolute unit

User avatar
Rich B
Posts: 2855
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by Rich B » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:26 pm

It’s the private carpark under mitoboys dads flat in Chelsea isn’t it. Presumably Mclaren guys two spaces to do what he wants with.

User avatar
Mito Man
Posts: 2384
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by Mito Man » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:09 pm

Most people rent a space on an annual basis, but the spaces aren’t numbered and you will get a fine if your wheels are even slightly out of the parking line. If you look at the back of the picture (where the Previa is) can see a fenced off bit - those are individual spaces, they cost £150,000 each though so not many people bother buying them.

Anyway found out what the car under cover behind the Mclaren is
Image
How about not having a sig at all?

User avatar
Jobbo
Posts: 1975
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:20 pm

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by Jobbo » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:40 pm

Swervin_Mervin wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:43 am
A Tesla 3. In fact, over the last couple of days, lots of Tesla 3s. Did they time the UK release/collection date with the 1st Sept new registrations or something?

They're incredibly bland aren't they? I didn't even notice the first one, until a few seconds after it passing my brain processed that no, it wasn't an S, as it was a little shorter and a little more ugly.
The wheeltrims on the lower-end Tesla3s don't do them many favours either. Oddest view I've had of one was approaching it in traffic; the bonnet line is really low and the windscreen really deep so it looks like the Mekon of cars:
ImageImage

User avatar
ZedLeg
Posts: 1463
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by ZedLeg » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:42 pm

Amazingly obscure reference there Jobbo :lol:
An absolute unit

User avatar
Jobbo
Posts: 1975
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:20 pm

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by Jobbo » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:43 pm

Everyone else here is in their 40s and will remember Dan Dare FFS :lol:

OK, the Ant McPartlin of cars.
Image

User avatar
NotoriousREV
Posts: 4189
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by NotoriousREV » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:46 pm

Jobbo wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:43 pm
Everyone else here is in their 40s and will remember Dan Dare FFS :lol:
Wasn’t Dan Dare the 50s? I’m only aware of it because the creator was from our region and there have been various failed attempts to reboot DD over the years.
Mo’ money, mo’ tard.

User avatar
Swervin_Mervin
Posts: 1017
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:58 pm

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by Swervin_Mervin » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:50 pm

Jobbo wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:40 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:43 am
A Tesla 3. In fact, over the last couple of days, lots of Tesla 3s. Did they time the UK release/collection date with the 1st Sept new registrations or something?

They're incredibly bland aren't they? I didn't even notice the first one, until a few seconds after it passing my brain processed that no, it wasn't an S, as it was a little shorter and a little more ugly.
The wheeltrims on the lower-end Tesla3s don't do them many favours either. Oddest view I've had of one was approaching it in traffic; the bonnet line is really low and the windscreen really deep so it looks like the Mekon of cars:
ImageImage
:lol:

It's the grille that's not a grille I don't get (the equivalent of the Mekon's top lip if you like). Tidy it up ffs, rather than leave some strange flat frontal area.
Last edited by Swervin_Mervin on Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jobbo
Posts: 1975
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:20 pm

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by Jobbo » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:51 pm

Dan Dare first appeared in 1950 but was in Eagle magazine until 1994, and was the subject of a successful series of computer games in the 80s.

Batman first appeared in the 1930s, but I remember him from my childhood like I do Dan Dare.

User avatar
Rich B
Posts: 2855
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by Rich B » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:57 pm

Obviously the reference was way older than me (80s child) - but I got it and it is spot on!

User avatar
Jobbo
Posts: 1975
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:20 pm

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by Jobbo » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:04 pm

The photo I found doesn't do it justice - I want to see another Model 3 from the same angle now :lol: But I did think perhaps this is the future and we'll get used to it quickly.

User avatar
Mito Man
Posts: 2384
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by Mito Man » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:27 pm

The flat blunt frontal area is a big aero efficiency boost. Most electric cars have something like it but disguise it with a fake grill. I’m not sure which is worse though, a fake grill or just nothing.
How about not having a sig at all?

User avatar
IanF
Posts: 1016
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:58 pm
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
BMW X5 M50d
Contact:

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by IanF » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:00 pm

All black Senna at the “McLaren Triangle” cafe. Looked like it’d driven straight from Le Mans, few sticky bits around rear - GTR to come? 😎
Cheers,

Ian

User avatar
dinny_g
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by dinny_g » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:03 pm

Jobbo wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:51 pm
Dan Dare first appeared in 1950 but was in Eagle magazine until 1994, and was the subject of a successful series of computer games in the 80s.

Batman first appeared in the 1930s, but I remember him from my childhood like I do Dan Dare.
probably due it's on thread but I used to have a sub to Tiger and Speed and my brother had one to Roy of the Rovers. Comic day was my favourite day of the week.
JLv3.0 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm
I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.

Post Reply