Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by Mito Man »

8-)
How about not having a sig at all?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

_andy wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:57 pm Eight silver RR Phantoms, doing 5mph on the A30 near Staines, behind a horse drawn herse yesterday. Some sort of traveler funeral from the look of it.

I was quite impressed that anyone could get that many Phantoms in the same colour in the same place at the same time.
one of the guys in my office was talking about that too - caused havoc in Egham apparently.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Mito Man wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:49 pm 8-)
Always wanted one of these since I saw Swordfish back in the day. If it comes with Halle Berry then all the better :D

Actually - forgive my addled brain - the film had a Tuscan in it not a Sagaris! It was the best part of 20 years ago now though TBF :shock:
Last edited by GG. on Thu May 10, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

It was a Tuscan in Swordfish.

GG.

Post by GG. »

Yes you are of course right. Which is also quite fortunate as they're 1/3 of the price. Still not sure I'd drop £30k on one though (plus the inevitable £xxxx for a rebuild of the engine).
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

I was sorely tempted when they were in the £teens. I think they look fantastic and go like a motherfucker. Reliability aside.

For the £30k I think I'd play it safe with something else.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Carlton North on the way to the pub:

Footscray:

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
_andy

Post by _andy »

Rich B wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:55 pm
_andy wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:57 pm Eight silver RR Phantoms, doing 5mph on the A30 near Staines, behind a horse drawn herse yesterday. Some sort of traveler funeral from the look of it.

I was quite impressed that anyone could get that many Phantoms in the same colour in the same place at the same time.
one of the guys in my office was talking about that too - caused havoc in Egham apparently.
Yeah, because Egham needs more traffic chaos at the moment :lol:
Mr Pish
Currently Driving: Model 3 Performance

Post by Mr Pish »

a pair of AH64-D Apache following the Thames
Join us, join the Teslarati!
Simon

Post by Simon »

Mr Pish wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 2:11 pm a pair of AH64-D Apache following the Thames
Why, where was it going?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Mr Pish
Currently Driving: Model 3 Performance

Post by Mr Pish »

Simon wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 3:24 pm
Mr Pish wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 2:11 pm a pair of AH64-D Apache following the Thames
Why, where was it going?
you can never be sure, dodgy southern water ...
Join us, join the Teslarati!
GG.

Post by GG. »

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/lo ... 31049.html

“We fly up and down the Thames quite a lot,” says the RAF spokesperson. “As long as the weather is good you will see us about. London is a good place to train because flying here is complex — there are lots of other vehicles in the airspace and all the buildings.”
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

_andy wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:08 am
Rich B wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:55 pm

Egham is a disgrace - changing the lane required to go straight ahead has been too much for the mouth breathers. I can’t believe how long it’s taken to change two roundabouts into one!
Cheers,

Ian
_andy

Post by _andy »

IanF wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 4:22 pm
Rich B wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:55 pm one of the guys in my office was talking about that too - caused havoc in Egham apparently.
Egham is a disgrace - changing the lane required to go straight ahead has been too much for the mouth breathers. I can’t believe how long it’s taken to change two roundabouts into one!
Yeah it is a minor disaster zone. I just get in which ever lane seems to be quickest and TLGP it away from the junction I can move across for the A30 if I need to.

Are they making two roundabouts then? To be honest I didn't know, I thought they were digging for oil or something.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

_andy wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:12 am

Yeah it is a minor disaster zone. I just get in which ever lane seems to be quickest and TLGP it away from the junction I can move across for the A30 if I need to.

Are they making two roundabouts then? To be honest I didn't know, I thought they were digging for oil or something.
it appears that the weird elongated single roundabout layout is what they are aiming for.

So if you’re coming from Windsor and want to go to Egham or towards Camberley direction you have to go under the motorway to the other roundabout and come back under with all the M25 traffic. It’s bizarre.
_andy

Post by _andy »

Rich B wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:22 am

it appears that the weird elongated single roundabout layout is what they are aiming for.

So if you’re coming from Windsor and want to go to Egham or towards Camberley direction you have to go under the motorway to the other roundabout and come back under with all the M25 traffic. It’s bizarre.
That looks like a couple of weeks work, maybe three if you're taking you time, yet they've been at it for months :lol:
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

_andy wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:45 am
Rich B wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:22 am

That looks like a couple of weeks work, maybe three if you're taking you time, yet they've been at it for months :lol:
I remember when the A308 from Windsor lost their right of way in the left hand lane... think it lasted less than a month before the reverted to the previous system as no one stopped and they needed to put that bloody Olympic lane in. 🙄

I wonder if it’s archeological site aswell? I suppose if they keep going at this pace, it will be by the time they finish! 😂
Cheers,

Ian
Beany

Post by Beany »

This is better than a roundabout.

Smelled and sounded like utter filth.
Marv

Post by Marv »

This at a motorway service station, near Milano:

😎
Oui, je suis un motard.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I did about 300 miles over the weekend and the only things I saw if any interest at all were one of those noisy astons with the bright orange bits and a lotus Carlton.
Cheers, Harry