Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by JonMad »

My first thought too - Duncs, they've got your old hood :lol:
Left over crest; tightens.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

My first 70 plate today. 1st was possibly my best 1st new plate spot ever - a black M5 Comp 8-)

2nd was a transit hogging the middle lane :roll:
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Can't top that. Someone to the road got a new GLC today. That's about it.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Spotted an Ariel Nomad on the B-road from Stow on the Wold to Tewkesbury on Saturday. It was pretty muddy and looked cool as fuck, though I don't know anywhere in the UK you could legally drive it properly without having to pay - it would ruin green lanes if you put your foot down. Realised I have actually seen one on the road before, in Southwold around Christmas a few years ago, though that wasn't covered in dirt.

On the M5 this morning, a Corsa in its death throes. I must have caught its dying moments because it was blowing out clouds of blue smoke and as I passed it, I opened the window a touch and could hear the horrible rattle. I think it must have just made it up the slip road. Reminded me of that Carwow video where Ma Twatson drove three cars without any oil until they died:
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:50 am Spotted an Ariel Nomad..
There's a 20 plate blue one that keeps driving past, stinks of fumes even when driven sensibly.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:50 am Ma Twatson
:o :lol:

Good spot on the Nomad 8-)

A few days back I saw a white E30 M3 driving coastward on the M2. Have seen a couple of mk8 Golfs, rather meh so far.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Just seen my first Honda E, in blue on a 20 (so I still havnae seen a 70 yet :( ). It was only a drive by spot of a parked one, it elicited more of an oh than an ooh - not sure if that was down to the colour or the angle - but hopefully it's local so I'll get a chance for a better look.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Saw the E again. Hmm, not convinced yet, looks a bit of a pudding, but I'm not sure I've seen it in it's best light or colour yet. More ev spottage with a couple of ID.3s, one turquoise, one grey. To me it looked better in turquoise but both seemed more comfortable in their skin than the couple of mk8 Golfs I've seen. A stand out on the M2 was a three door 309 GTI, reg A 16V HP (I think, last two letters may be wrong). It was very red, but then I guess any still about are going to be looked after and not faded to feck. I can't think of the last time I saw any 309, never mind a GTI. Oh, and just before that, a GT86/BRZ driven by someone who looked about ninety :D 8-)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Saw a blue 5 door 309 GTi the other day and was going to post on here because it’s so long since I saw one.

Our local Peugeot dealer had a light blue base model 309 sat on top of a skip as part of a scrap page scheme advert up until a month or so ago. Always made me lol as even that was far more desirable than any of the new cars parked outside 😂
Cheers, Harry
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Didn't manage to get a photo but saw a lovely 1992 silver Honda NSX in my local B & Q car park at the weekend.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
mik

Post by mik »

I always had a far stronger desire for a 309GTi than a 205 1.9GTi - even though they were much uglier. Mates mum had one new when I was a youngling - used to wind me up enormously at the time as she was the worlds slowest driver.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

mik wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:50 pm I always had a far stronger desire for a 309GTi than a 205 1.9GTi .
Me too. Especially the Goodwood!!
Peterlplp

Post by Peterlplp »

This honda logo had rad wheels:

accord euro r

chaser raffine diesel - I didn't know they ever did a diesel one:
KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

Peterlplp wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:49 am
That Impala is lovely
Last edited by KevH18 on Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Saw a Taycan at the supermarket. It’s a really good looking thing.
An absolute unit
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

ZedLeg wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:34 pm Saw a Taycan at the supermarket. It’s a really good looking thing.
Seen a few in Cheltenham - mostly parked in disabled spaces at supermarkets. Very good looking, but it also looks enormous.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:12 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:34 pm Saw a Taycan at the supermarket. It’s a really good looking thing.
Seen a few in Cheltenham - mostly parked in disabled spaces at supermarkets. Very good looking, but it also looks enormous.
Turbo S one drove in front of me yesterday, it looks very Porsche, and as Jobbo says, huge.
---
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Ferrari Dino GT on the M54 on Saturday heading towards Telford/Shrews. Quite an awkward looking car IMO.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

DeskJockey wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:27 pm
Turbo S one drove in front of me yesterday, it looks very Porsche, and as Jobbo says, huge.
I expect all modern luxosportbarges to be huge so it looked about right (my mate’s M5 felt like an absolute bus until you got it up to speed). I think the back lights suit a bigger car more than the 911.
An absolute unit
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:00 am
DeskJockey wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:27 pm

I expect all modern luxosportbarges to be huge so it looked about right (my mate’s M5 felt like an absolute bus until you got it up to speed). I think the back lights suit a bigger car more than the 911.
Fair point.
---