Teh Spotted Thread

McSwede

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by McSwede »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:36 am.

I saw a 4C at the weekend. They really look exotic; shame they're not as good a car as an Elise or Alpine A110 so no reason to buy one - and that's doubtless why they're quite rare - but they are lovely things to see out and about.
I don't like them at all. Spotted a white one the other day. It sounded shit too 😂
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

People have been sticking M badges on non M cars since M cars have existed.

There used to be countless threads on e30zone with people defending their M badge stuck to the grille of their 325i sport. Many claiming it wasn’t a tacky add on because you could buy them from the dealers. Many probably even got them stuck on the front by the dealers from brand new, however they were never factory fit.

I have talked cats with so many people Over the years and said I had an m3 for them to say M325i?

The original M3 had an M3 badge front and back, a couple of subtle stripes on the gearknob and steering wheel and a single M badge on the instrument cluster.

By the e36 there were badges on the wheels, gearknob, steering wheel and instruments, as well as m3 badges on the rub strips and kick plates.
Cheers, Harry
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

My 325i sport came with an M badge, i removed it!

My E46 M3 also had a silly extra m badge on the front grill - I also removed that (and stuck it on my lawnmower where it still lives today!)
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Saw a nice Unimog last week, nice roll cage:

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:04 am People have been sticking M badges on non M cars since M cars have existed.

There used to be countless threads on e30zone with people defending their M badge stuck to the grille of their 325i sport. Many claiming it wasn’t a tacky add on because you could buy them from the dealers. Many probably even got them stuck on the front by the dealers from brand new, however they were never factory fit.

I have talked cats with so many people Over the years and said I had an m3 for them to say M325i?

The original M3 had an M3 badge front and back, a couple of subtle stripes on the gearknob and steering wheel and a single M badge on the instrument cluster.

By the e36 there were badges on the wheels, gearknob, steering wheel and instruments, as well as m3 badges on the rub strips and kick plates.
Sadly this started with BMW but Audi and Mercedes were very quick to catch on.

I think every Merc now is an AMG and there is even a diesel A6 with a body kit badges as an RS6.

Sad times.

Dave!
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

The chef in our canteen has a c180 AMG :lol:
Cheers, Harry
Beany

Post by Beany »

Yeah, sticking badges on cars has been a thing for aaaaages, nowadays it's just a trim level/optionto have all the AMG/M/RS 'line' badges on your shopping shitter along with some smoked trim rather than chrome and bigger wheels and a bodykit, as opposed to it being actual different suspension setup/ride height/etc
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:43 am My 325i sport came with an M badge, i removed it!

My E46 M3 also had a silly extra m badge on the front grill - I also removed that (and stuck it on my lawnmower where it still lives today!)
IIRC the E39 5-series in Sport trim came with about 14 M-stripe badges/stickers from the factory around the place :lol:
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Blue press Honda E

Looks far tamer in real life

New Jazz is even worse than last 2 facelifts
Foz

Post by Foz »

DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

There are many questions to ask, but "why", has to be the first and most repeated.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Foz wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:14 pm Subtle S3

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... obcid=soc4
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

McSwede wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:01 pm
Foz wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:14 pm Subtle S3

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... obcid=soc4
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
Christ! :shock:
The price seems to have a 0 incorrectly added to the end.
Left over crest; tightens.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Autotrader's playing up for me, is that the yellow one?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yesterday while driving, new Golf approaching in the opposite lane - it looks like shit, why VW, just why. Utter shite from the front.

M2 CS I think, at least it had a splitter then I noticed it had plastic unpainted arches. :shock: Almost like the BMW engineers said let’s stick wider tyres on and flare the arches but the accountants said you can’t flare the arches as it costs money so yeah, just stick this shit on...
How about not having a sig at all?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

987 into this
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Thought some of you Land Rover weirdos might be interested in this so snapped it:

speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

duncs500 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:49 am Thought some of you Land Rover weirdos might be interested in this so snapped it:

Got a half hood so I'm oot :lol:
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

:lol: