Teh Spotted Thread

ZedLeg

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by ZedLeg »

240PP wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:04 am Saw a Ferrari 296 GTB coming out of Cheltenham yesterday. Looked good from the front, bit shit at the back. Looked like a shrunk down Ford GT. I approve overall.
I think they're going for 250 LM for inspiration, it looks great to me.
An absolute unit
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

It was kind of a two tone red and silver. Looked alright.

Hurracan STO in Gloucester. It was all kinds of awful colours and looked a mess. Do not want.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

240PP wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:44 pm Hurracan STO in Gloucester. It was all kinds of awful colours and looked a mess. Do not want.
And what did the Hurracan look like?

B'dum, tish...
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I took the Galaxie all the way to Ealing & back today, and saw two classic yanks - an early seventies Mustang (I’m not a Mustang fan and think of them as far too much of a cliche) but it looked in great condition. Much better though, I also saw a bright yellow Plymouth Superbird. Awesome excess of spoilerage. 8-)
John

Post by John »

Have you spotted yourself being spotted yet? :D
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

In the Galaxie, some random came up to us when I met Gavster for lunch at the Ace Cafe, did a quick walk around vid and put it on TikTok. I’ve not spotted any other spotteds.

Also years ago in my old E36 M3 Touring :lol: That was a pistonheads thread. I’ll see if I can find it.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

This thread here. The photo has gone unfortunately. And some of the follow up posts are exactly why I CBA posting on there.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/top ... 7473&i=238

edit - actually, this is the thread I was thinking of !

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/top ... 7&t=586083

edit2 - there's some posts missing from one (or both) of those threads. I remember someone identified the car as mine and called me "an insufferable prick" based on encountering me on a BMW forum, not realising I was also on Pistonheads and about to pop up :lol:
John

Post by John »

Classic Pistonheads :D
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:00 amI remember someone identified the car as mine and called me "an insufferable prick" based on encountering me on a BMW forum, not realising I was also on Pistonheads and about to pop up :lol:
Broccers or Rev?

Oh didn’t ste flounce after a slap fight with you too? :lol:
An absolute unit
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:00 am I remember someone called me "an insufferable prick" based on encountering me on a BMW forum, not realising I was also on Pistonheads and about to pop up :lol:
Did you prove them right or wrong? (I haven't read it all yet).
How's the MINI going, have you had much chance to use it yet?
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

nuttinnew wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:12 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:00 am ...someone called me "an insufferable prick"...
Did you prove them right or wrong? (I haven't read it all yet).
I kept it quite polite on that thread. The sheer overwhelming mass of arrogant self-righteousness on PH, it's not worth the effort. You need to choose your battles :lol:

nuttinnew wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:12 pm How's the MINI going, have you had much chance to use it yet?
It's fine but I've still hardly used it. I did a quick run down to Alton the other day, 20 miles each way of mainly DC for a reported 75-point-something mpg. Engine feels a a bit harsh at low revs but I have to keep reminding myself my last BMW was a 7-series with a 3.0 straight six and it's not an entirely fair comparison ! It does pull nicely once it picks up. General steering & balance is very nice; a MINI trait. In quite a few ways I find it nicer to drive than my wife's one, a Cooper S Convertible. The Cooper S is obviously far faster with roughly twice as much power but the suspension is a bit crashy and being a convertible there's a bunch of scuttle shake too (exacerbated by stiff suspension / larger wheels). And push-comes-to-shove there's a fair bit of turbo lag on both although it seems more forgivable on the diesel. I think I need to try one of the earlier ones when they were supercharged. I've never owned a supercharged car so it would be another tick on "the list".
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

ZedLeg wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:43 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:00 amI remember someone identified the car as mine and called me "an insufferable prick" based on encountering me on a BMW forum, not realising I was also on Pistonheads and about to pop up :lol:
Broccers or Rev?

Oh didn’t ste flounce after a slap fight with you too? :lol:
Nope ! I agree completely with Broccers' investment strategy, and Rev actually made a point of coming back on here recently to explicitly say it was *absolutely* *definitely* *not* me than made him flounce.

And who's ste ?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Guy who used to be around, was always buying kind of interesting stuff.

Had a neon green Caterham of some sort and maybe built a super light Elise?

Flounced after getting way too invested in an argument about Elise seats and harnesses iirc.
An absolute unit
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

ZedLeg wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:36 pm Guy who used to be around, was always buying kind of interesting stuff, raving about how brilliant it was and spamming it up with endless photos, then saying he was bored with it and was going to sell it, then saying he'd been for a drive and changed his mind and actually it was totally brilliant and definitely a keeper, and then never mentioning it again because it was actually totally f**ked and he had quietly sold it off the back of all the gushing bullshit spiel he'd been posting across loads of different forums.
<shrug>

Doesn't ring a bell tbh.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

:lol:
An absolute unit
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:37 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:36 pm Guy who used to be around, was always buying kind of interesting stuff, raving about how brilliant it was and spamming it up with endless photos, then saying he was bored with it and was going to sell it, then saying he'd been for a drive and changed his mind and actually it was totally brilliant and definitely a keeper, and then never mentioning it again because it was actually totally f**ked and he had quietly sold it off the back of all the gushing bullshit spiel he'd been posting across loads of different forums.
<shrug>

Doesn't ring a bell tbh.
😂
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Rich B wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:43 am
Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:37 pm
<shrug>

Doesn't ring a bell tbh.
😂
😂
Cheers,

Ian
mik

Post by mik »

ZedLeg wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:36 pm Guy who used to be around, was always buying kind of interesting stuff.

Had a neon green Caterham of some sort and maybe built a super light Elise?

Flounced after getting way too invested in an argument about Elise seats and harnesses iirc.
I didn't "source" that Caterham for Ste, but I did make him aware of it. (one of the guys on the Scottish Elises forum posted that he was going to put it up for sale yada yada).

I found his build threads (on that Cat in particular, but others too) interesting, and whilst it isn't something I personally go mad about, his obsession over weight saving was fascinating. (He applied it to his cycles too - getting excited about saving 10g on <some component> that seemed pretty negligible to me, but clearly fired him up). And yeah he got an Elise that spent time with @dan for engine work.

No question he leveraged his build threads when he came to sell cars. But then I probably would too if I'd spent tens of hours writing them :?:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

There's "leveraged", then there's outright lying. It was always amusing how the "best car ever" became "a bit crap" just after he'd sold it.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I thought the weight saving he went into was more OCD like :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?