Seat Ibiza review

Simon

Re: Seat Ibiza review

Post by Simon »

scotta wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:27 am
Simon wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:21 am
IanF wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:05 am “Hello, Enterprise. Yeah, i need a car; it should be a 500bhp two seater (that seats seven plus bags), does 500mpg, has a 5 star NCAP, super comfortable (except when I find a good road and want it like an F1 car). All for €15 a day please... hello? Enterprise?” 😂

Tl;dr: don’t hire the cheapest car...
And that's the point. I didn't. I actually selected (and pre-paid for) 'Ford Focus or equivalent' (compact class), but they 'accidentally' gave me a car from the 'economy' class. Complaint logged. Free upgrade received for my next hire.

As for the rest, Ian, yes you 'tl:dr' even all of my opening post did you? :)
When you walked to the car park and noticed the ibiza wasnt a focus (Or more likely a Leon) you should have gone back to the desk..?
TBH by that point I was tired and sweating my cock off. I'd re-iterated the 'focus or equivalent' comment when he asked me to confirm what I'd booked. When I saw it was an Ibiza I thought that maybe their 'bracketed definitions' were quite wide. It was only when I got back to the hotel and checked the website did I see that the Ibiza was in a different group, and by that point a grumpy email was all I could manage.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Richard

Post by Richard »

I really hate “focus or equivalent”

The rental company almost certainly don’t even stock Focuseses

Why not say what car you’ll actually likely be getting
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Because they can charge you for a Focus than give you some Ibiza POS and the customer is too tired to complain at first :D