F-Type

Jimmy Choo

Re: F-Type

Post by Jimmy Choo »

mik wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:42 am I dont perceive the V6 as the poverty spec : that honour is reserved for the 4-hooter. :evil:
:?:
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Jimmy, that's clearly 8 hooters.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Matty wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:32 pm
scotta wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:27 pm I would however in no way have one instead of a V6 exige.
Neither would I, but an F is £30k base, V6 Exige is almost £38k. And I'd have to have a roadster. And no, the £35k one at Oakmere isn't an option, it doesn't have AC and it's Yellow.
It does Have AC. But yes its yellow - I do however quite like the yellow.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

mik wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:42 amI dont perceive the V6 as the poverty spec
I do. While making a V6 by blanking off two cylinders of the V8 is quite cunning from a manufacturing point of view, it also smacks of engineering laziness to me.

Don't like.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

scotta wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:17 am
scotta wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:27 pm I would however in no way have one instead of a V6 exige.
Neither would I, but an F is £30k base, V6 Exige is almost £38k. And I'd have to have a roadster. And no, the £35k one at Oakmere isn't an option, it doesn't have AC and it's Yellow.
I figured the lack of AC was why it was still there, seems cheap for a dealer car?
scotta

Post by scotta »

Matty wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:20 am

I figured the lack of AC was why it was still there, seems cheap for a dealer car?
Lacks the spoilers and splitters which could be why. I zoomed the photo of the heater controls and there looks to be an AC button there.

I went into the local lotus dealer on Saturday. The coupe can be made into a roadster with an hours garage labour which i didnt realise. all coupes have removable roofs just not the soft top cover. so if it rains while your out with the roof off your getting wet.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:14 am Jimmy, that's clearly 8 hooters.
8 hooters are betterer.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

scotta wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:03 am

Lacks the spoilers and splitters which could be why. I zoomed the photo of the heater controls and there looks to be an AC button there.

I went into the local lotus dealer on Saturday. The coupe can be made into a roadster with an hours garage labour which i didnt realise. all coupes have removable roofs just not the soft top cover. so if it rains while your out with the roof off your getting wet.
Yeah, roof is removable and you can retro-fit a softtop by drilling a couple of holes if you're feeling brave. That's why most go with the Coupe I think, more popular car, more available and you can still make it convertible if needed.

That being said, personally I much prefer the cleaner looks of the Roadster. They're far less popular and the demand is lower so they do tend to be more difficult to shift.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Matty wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:18 am
scotta wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:03 am

Yeah, roof is removable and you can retro-fit a softtop by drilling a couple of holes if you're feeling brave. That's why most go with the Coupe I think, more popular car, more available and you can still make it convertible if needed.

That being said, personally I much prefer the cleaner looks of the Roadster. They're far less popular and the demand is lower so they do tend to be more difficult to shift.
Sat in this on Saturday...

ImageIMG_0499 by Scott Armstrong, on Flickr

was whining like a puppy the want was so high.

£One Hundred and Seven Thousand Pounds Please Sir.... :( :o :shock: but... 8-) 8-) 8-)
GG.

Post by GG. »

As lovely as that is - it is silliness to be asking that amount of money for something that still has Austin Metro wingmirrors.
Foz

Post by Foz »

107k :lol: :shock: :?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

GG. wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:30 pm As lovely as that is - it is silliness to be asking that amount of money for something that still has Austin Metro wingmirrors.
Rover metro actually 😉

And does it really matter? Plenty of supercars have used generic parts bin parts over the years whilst charging considerably more than that.
Cheers, Harry
mik

Post by mik »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:46 pm
GG. wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:30 pm As lovely as that is - it is silliness to be asking that amount of money for something that still has Austin Metro wingmirrors.
Rover metro actually 😉

And does it really matter? Plenty of supercars have used generic parts bin parts over the years whilst charging considerably more than that.
What Harry said. I think Lotus pricing has gone rather £stoopid but the same argument above can be applied whether the car is £30k, £50k £80k etc etc.

Evora has some obvious parts-bin stuff too, like the Ford key and mirror adjust knob. It personally bothers me exactly 0%, but for other people that kinda thing is important.
GG.

Post by GG. »

More the fact that they just look shit.

If transforged make decent mirrors for them for a few hundred dollars then there's just no excuse for a £100k car. https://transforged.com/products/v2
mik

Post by mik »

Probably a bad example, as a number of customers seem to be suffering breaks....

scotta

Post by scotta »

Works fine for me as my CF mirror caps will swap across if i buy one :lol:
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I would go for the Lotus.

If you're genuinely considering an F-Type then Simon is correct on the first page. I've done a few thousand miles in them and whilst there's a lot of theatre they do ride too hard (except the 4cyl, which Jag have softened off due to the complaints, expect the V6 and V8's to follow suit). It's the sort of car you'd take for a drive, I find I can be fed up of the ride after twenty minutes.

The boot is tiny on the convertible, the coupe much better. Get a warranty too and the infotainment is rubbish, lots of customers making several trips back to the dealer for various updates. If I was to own one it would be an AWD R coupe (so the V8) but only when they hit £20k or less.

The better car for that money is the Mustang, same good looks but reliable and comes with a three year warranty as you'll be buying brand new, or nearly new like I did. Coupe or convertible the boot is bigger than a Focus, they're reliable, have ride quality and keep their value. The new auto box gives the 'Stang similar pace to the V8 F-Types too.

Either way, if you're wanting a Lotus the Jag or the Ford will just be a disappointment.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
mik

Post by mik »

Orange Cola wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:41 pm
Either way, if you're wanting a Lotus the Jag or the Ford will just be a disappointment.
Word 😎

I was out for 2hrs on Saturday giving the Evora a good kicking: was unbelievably lucky with traffic. All 2nd and 3rd year twisties with the occasional need for 4th - it was simply mighty :D . It is just with you, chatting away like an excited teenager.

Brakes started complaining after about 40mins - which is not easy to reach on the road - oem setup is very capable.
scotta

Post by scotta »

mik wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:21 pm
Orange Cola wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:41 pm
Word 😎

I was out for 2hrs on Saturday giving the Evora a good kicking: was unbelievably lucky with traffic. All 2nd and 3rd year twisties with the occasional need for 4th - it was simply mighty :D . It is just with you, chatting away like an excited teenager.

Brakes started complaining after about 40mins - which is not easy to reach on the road - oem setup is very capable.
Impressive. Ive yet to cook the brakes on track never mind road. Looking forwards to trying these CL pads I’ve ordered on the advice of fellow forumites.
scotta

Post by scotta »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:46 pm
Rover metro actually 😉

I sat in an Aston Martin Vanquish on Saturday. It has Ford Sierra window switches from the 80’s.