Up GTI

PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Up GTI

Post by PaulJ »

It looks like the Abarth 595 days are numbered as the OH put a deposit on an Up GTI yesterday. (I'd been subtly been suggesting that this wouldn't be a bad move for some time now). We've got the option of the deposit back if she doesn't like it when she gets to drive one - there's been no demonstrator at three dealers in easy striking distance as they are currently thin on the ground compared with the demand.

The most unexpected endorsement of the Up GTI came in this month's Classic and Sportscar as they have earmarked it as a likely future classic. :D

If she goes ahead with the deal the only downside is that we'll look a little unimaginative with two German cars in the house - both white, but I'm happy to put up with that situation. Will report on future developments.
ZedLeg

Re: Up GTI

Post by ZedLeg »

They are cool, really highlights how much cars have grown though. It's heavier than a mk1 Golf GTI.
An absolute unit
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

That 6th gear must be a real porker!
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:55 am They are cool, really highlights how much cars have grown though. It's heavier than a mk1 Golf GTI.
You can do a lot of growing in 43 years!
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

They seem to be really popular. I like them, but not at the current prices :lol:

Suprisingly few options. Only Silver, Red or Black paint, interior is tartan cloth only, 1 wheel type. Most options were minor styling things (deflectors etc). Then it's just a few others like cruise and slightly better "beats" audio...usually VW are laden with upgrades.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Matty wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:27 pm They seem to be really popular. I like them, but not at the current prices :lol:

Suprisingly few options. Only Silver, Red or Black paint, interior is tartan cloth only, 1 wheel type. Most options were minor styling things (deflectors etc). Then it's just a few others like cruise and slightly better "beats" audio...usually VW are laden with upgrades.
You can get a ‘This way’ sticker for the roof. :roll: I might get a Buggered sticker made for when she’s had it a couple of years ;)
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

PaulJ wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:41 am...we'll look a little unimaginative with two German cars in the house - both white...
It would be fine if they were silver...