Harry M and the Project 8

Simon

Harry M and the Project 8

Post by Simon »

Amazing video

Last edited by Simon on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
GG.

Re: Harry's M and the Project 8

Post by GG. »

Where’s the BMW?
Simon

Re: Harry's M and the Project 8

Post by Simon »

GG. wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:09 pmWhere’s the BMW?
Don't know what you're talking about :P
Jimmy Choo

Re: Harry M and the Project 8

Post by Jimmy Choo »

I'm impressed that they managed to fit a V8 under the bonnet but I suspect that it means that even topping up the screen wash would require the engine to be removed.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

I feel bad for Jaguar over the XE and XF

Brilliant cars that just don't sell due to their identity crisis regarding styling and marketing.

They couldn't make enough S Types, X Types and early XF's back in the day.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Nathan wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:34 pm I feel bad for Jaguar over the XE and XF

Brilliant cars that just don't sell due to their identity crisis regarding styling and marketing.

How bad are not the sales Nath?
scotta

Post by scotta »

Cracking car. Didnt realise you could option 4 seats.

im going to out Nerd Harry on the suspension however. Helper spings dont work like that. Their only purpose is to stop the main spring rattling about on full droop. They compress and lockout as soon as the car is on the deck.
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:11 pm I'm impressed that they managed to fit a V8 under the bonnet but I suspect that it means that even topping up the screen wash would require the engine to be removed.
It's impressive, but not a patch on the 'Project Binky' achievement... eventually.
mik

Post by mik »

I would have been very happy to have an XFR or XFR-S if they sold a Manuel. no concern over image.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:11 pm I'm impressed that they managed to fit a V8 under the bonnet but I suspect that it means that even topping up the screen wash would require the engine to be removed.
Well they had the V6 under the bonnet until recently, and that's just the v8 with 2 cylinders locked off (and shorter heads as a result).
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I just think modern Jags end up looking dated way too quickly and don’t age gracefully either. When the F type first came out I thought i’ll definitely consider buying one of those when used prices are sensible, after a few years I thought it looked crap. Same with the XE.

Project 8 looks ok but I get can’t past the horrific honeycomb cut outs on the front bumper.
How about not having a sig at all?
Marv

Post by Marv »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:53 pm When the F type first came out I thought i’ll definitely consider buying one of those when used prices are sensible, after a few years I thought it looked crap.
I still think a subtly specced F-Type looks great. Particularly the Coupé.
Oui, je suis un motard.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

speedingfine wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:14 pm

Whut?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Nathan wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:58 pm

Whut?
you know what he meant - you say they just don’t sell - how bad are their sales figures?
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Simon wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:26 pm
Well they had the V6 under the bonnet until recently, and that's just the v8 with 2 cylinders locked off (and shorter heads as a result).
Yeah, and the unused banks are at the rear under the leaf screen, so you know when you need a regular spark plug change on the V8? Well it's an engine out job and it won't be coming out through the bonnet so that's a suspension, subframe, front drive unit and engine out job.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

scotta wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:17 pm Cracking car. Didnt realise you could option 4 seats.

im going to out Nerd Harry on the suspension however. Helper spings dont work like that. Their only purpose is to stop the main spring rattling about on full droop. They compress and lockout as soon as the car is on the deck.
Talking to some of their guys they do confuse spring aids with helper springs which may explain it.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Rich B wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:59 pm

Whut?
you know what he meant - you say they just don’t sell - how bad are their sales figures?
Google them yourself.

New XF has been out almost 3 years. I've barely seen a handful of them.

Rare to see an XE too, which is probably why there were so many lease deals for them.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Nathan wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:24 am
Rich B wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:59 pm

Whut?
Google them yourself.

New XF has been out almost 3 years. I've barely seen a handful of them.

Rare to see an XE too, which is probably why there were so many lease deals for them.
oh, so it’s just your observation rather than any facts.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Not gotten around to watching this as yet, but oddly enough was chatting to a colleague recently. He bought an XE S about six months ago. Had a few issues with it initially but has been ok since and he's happy. Whilst grabbing a lift to the pub he explained (because I'd not heard this previously) that indeed the V6 up front was an 8 with two cylinders locked off. The info he has is that the Project 8 has a longer bonnet than standard(?).
Simon

Post by Simon »

ShockDiamonds wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:17 pm Not gotten around to watching this as yet, but oddly enough was chatting to a colleague recently. He bought an XE S about six months ago. Had a few issues with it initially but has been ok since and he's happy. Whilst grabbing a lift to the pub he explained (because I'd not heard this previously) that indeed the V6 up front was an 8 with two cylinders locked off. The info he has is that the Project 8 has a longer bonnet than standard(?).
Yes, but not due to the engine. So they could fit the (bigger) wheels they wanted, they had to move the headlights forward to give clearance behind them. That means everything forward of the wheel arch is moved forward and I imagine that the bonnet then has to be longer to 'reach' the front bumper/grill as a result.