Project Binky

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Project Binky

Post by Jobbo »

I spotted the cup holder before Nik put his mug in it, but I didn't realise that it was shaped for the mug :lol:

Agree about the ally; no matter how much they cover it in carpet and trim, it's a fairly flexible sheet of metal and will drum and doubtless touch on the metal behind. The door cards in particular look like absolute noise-boxes.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Not that NVH is their priority but ally backed bitumen pads are a good fix for flexible panels that boom.

Although considering they have no packaging space for the engine so will have to run super hard mounts the whole thing will be of marginal habitability once running anyway.
mik

Post by mik »

I bet the idiots fit firm RACE-LIKE suspension to it too and RUIN the ride! :evil:
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

And all that wasted weight for a stereo when it could be AWESOME COMPETITION SPECIFICATION!
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

God forbid they end up ruining the luxurious ride of the original mini 🤣🤣
Cheers, Harry
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

They're going to have fucking air conditioning aren't they, pathetic. I can just see episode thirty five next year "fabricating the HVAC ducting out of thirty two feet of box section"
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

That’s the one I’m looking forward to most, Rob :D
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Motorsport fabrication workshop in "PROMOTING METAL FABRICATION SKILLS" video shocker :lol:

You guys need constant reminding, don't you :lol:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:19 am Motorsport fabrication workshop in "PROMOTING METAL FABRICATION SKILLS" video shocker :lol:

we only do it to give you something to do buddy...
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

And I love you all for it 8-)
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:19 am Motorsport fabrication workshop in "PROMOTING METAL FABRICATION SKILLS" video shocker :lol:

Well, I don't know about you but I wouldn't engage them to build my race car. They'd never finish it!
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Yes but think of the number of YouTube followers! 8-) - it's not about life any more Simon, it's about your followers.

#BeAnInfluencer 8-)
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Hoovie said on his latest video that he has made hundreds of thousands of dollars from Youtube revenue. Half of which has gone to the taxman and half of which has been spent on repairing his 20 cars, but if BOM stopped doing actual work and concentrated on Youtube, they could earn more money. Ridiculous.
Foz

Post by Foz »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:34 am Hoovie said on his latest video that he has made hundreds of thousands of dollars from Youtube revenue. Half of which has gone to the taxman and half of which has been spent on repairing his 20 cars, but if BOM stopped doing actual work and concentrated on Youtube, they could earn more money. Ridiculous.
Been looking at new channels to follow on YouTube, is this worth it?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Foz wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 pm
Jobbo wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:34 am Hoovie said on his latest video that he has made hundreds of thousands of dollars from Youtube revenue. Half of which has gone to the taxman and half of which has been spent on repairing his 20 cars, but if BOM stopped doing actual work and concentrated on Youtube, they could earn more money. Ridiculous.
Yes. It is a bit uneven at times, but generally interesting and amusing.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Foz wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 pm
Definitely - start with some of the older videos such as when his Merc ML55 AMG was nicked and found. Plenty of back catalogue to enjoy before you get to the current, more expensive cars.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Tavarish buys his really bad cars to repair so that’s another channel to look out for.
How about not having a sig at all?
Foz

Post by Foz »

Cheers chaps!
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:50 pm Tavarish buys his really bad cars to repair so that’s another channel to look out for.
Yeah, but he's a typical Youtube type who talks in that annoying way and drags out his videos.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:15 pm
Mito Man wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:50 pm Tavarish buys his really bad cars to repair so that’s another channel to look out for.
Yeah, but he's a typical Youtube type who talks in that annoying way and drags out his videos.
He does milk the videos a bit too much but there’s the odd decent one, plus I’m really curious as to how much of the 355 he can salvage.

Garage54 is one where I like most of the episodes for the sheer amount of Russian wtf going on.

Looking through my YouTube subscriptions - what happened to Edd China’s Garage? Never went past the pilot episode which is a shame.

Retro power - but don’t have time to see much of the episodes.

Hoonigan - there’s the odd good episode in this. It used to be better but I liked the recent bed go kart build. Basically I find the building bits good and the vlogging bits crap.
How about not having a sig at all?