Project Binky

scotta

Re: Project Binky

Post by scotta »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:57 pm
Jobbo wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:15 pm
Mito Man wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:50 pm Tavarish buys his really bad cars to repair so that’s another channel to look out for.
Yeah, but he's a typical Youtube type who talks in that annoying way and drags out his videos.

Looking through my YouTube subscriptions - what happened to Edd China’s Garage? Never went past the pilot episode which is a shame.
I think his mum was really ill and he's ended up looking after her. Unsure if she died or not.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I can't remember if I've said on here before but Skid Factory is a must. The two Aussies who used to pitch up on Roadkill are the main guys and they really hit the mark. Proper modification without the bloody histrionics the Yanks seem to succumb to, it's addictive stuff.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I watched Tavarish’s latest vid on taking the engine out of the F355. I won’t be watching anything more on his channel. He’s annoying, the videos make an interesting subject dull and he does that fucking horrible thing of cutting every pause for breath so the audio sounds staccato and almost hysterical.
Simon

Post by Simon »

I think Tavarish also bought Hoovies old Bentley didn't he?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Yes - it’s a shame that he is so awful I won’t be able to follow the progress of that and the F355. As they are drawn out over multiple videos...
Foz

Post by Foz »

Just spent hours watching the ML55, cayenne turbo, nsx and 911 LS swap stuff!

The houses he does it outside seem to get nicer and nicer :lol:
Simon

Post by Simon »

...and he's just said that he's moving house again. I think he owns a fast food chain too, so $$$$$
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I wonder how long it will be before he just buys out The Wizard like Jay Leno did with his mechanic once his car collection grew quite large :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:49 pm I can't remember if I've said on here before but Skid Factory is a must. The two Aussies who used to pitch up on Roadkill are the main guys and they really hit the mark. Proper modification without the bloody histrionics the Yanks seem to succumb to, it's addictive stuff.
Drag Week on MCM2 as well - fantastic stuff 8-)
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Skip drag week - boring!

I like the skid factory stuff even though I had a little disagreement with Al in the comments section.

Tavarish's content is pretty dire (and I am still put off by his massive moobs), though I was interested to see just how easy the entire back end came off the 355. Even for fabled Ferrari 'engine out' jobs that's not too big a task at all.
Simon

Post by Simon »

mr_jon wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:27 am Skip drag week - boring!

I like the skid factory stuff even though I had a little disagreement with Al in the comments section.

Tavarish's content is pretty dire (and I am still put off by his massive moobs), though I was interested to see just how easy the entire back end came off the 355. Even for fabled Ferrari 'engine out' jobs that's not too big a task at all.
I think it helps that half the car was burnt to ash - less to remove!
Beany

Post by Beany »

I do like Hoovies stuff, he's quite open that what he does is stupid, but he enjoys it. Tavarish I find a bit annoying. I was 'suggested' Cleetus McFarland, but he takes the 'stretching a two minute update to twenty minutes' thing to the extreme.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I watched Cleetus when he first got his Corvette and started turning it into a drag monster, but don’t watch him anymore. So many car channels have an interesting project which makes them rapidly grow to a certain size and then turn crap as they’re just knocking out videos for ad revenue. Salomondrin went the same way. Rob Feretti used to have cool stuff years ago but it’s just dull vlogs now. Colin Furze isn’t car stuff, more mechanical messing about but his projects aren’t as good nowadays.
How about not having a sig at all?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Just had an email about episode 22 - I’ll be watching that tonight!
Beany

Post by Beany »

Saw that on FaceyB, tonight for Patreons, tomorrow for the rest of us?
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

Patrons now, everyone else later this evening. Stereo stuff this time.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Woo!
Simon

Post by Simon »

simon_g wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:49 pm Patrons and friends of Patrons ;) now, everyone else later this evening. Stereo stuff this time.
FTFY
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Simon

Post by Simon »