Project Binky

mik

Re: Project Binky

Post by mik »

RobYob

Post by RobYob »

So in summary; much capacity for boost, fuel and spark. First Dyno pull sometime in 2022 where they'll discover a need for some machined calibration bracketry.

Update predictions here.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9872

I'm sticking with 1125/610.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Patron email:

Project Update...
So yes, like idiots we've taken on another quick project. We're building a race car for a short series detailing how to build a racecar. Demystifying stuff like basic roll cage install, extinguishers, seats, harnesses, airbag removal etc.

We've chosen the entry level new City Car Cup from the BRSCC and after building the car over the next two weeks, we're going to race it. We'll bring you a typical race day format and some of the action. On top of that, we've got an episode on how we like to "interpret" the rules...

Our little Citroen C1 will be transformed from basic, tiny, slow, underpowered shopping trolley into fully fledged slow, underpowered race car. Should be fun and at the end of the series, we're going to give the car away to the amazing charity Mission Motorsport who support injured ex-service personnel.

Hope you'll join us for the ride and if we can help someone have the confidence to take the plunge into racing, that will have made it all worthwhile. The short series will start on YT in September. And this time, it'll all be finished before the series starts. Don't worry, still on Binky and Escargot too, no rest for the wicked...

Cheers!

Nik and Richard.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

After all these years, finally been working my way through this and am up to date. Good to see many forumites getting on the first Q&A, you must have been early adopters!

Was hoping it was finished so I could watch the whole thing from beginning to end, but never mind, something to look forward to.

Checked out their merchandise, very tempted by the "make the noise" t-shirt. :lol:
mik

Post by mik »

I am still amazed they answered mine :lol:

6 yrs ago :shock:
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

mik wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:18 pm I am still amazed they answered mine :lol:

6 yrs ago :shock:
GTFO! :shock:

I wonder how many subscribers will have carked it before they finish it.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

In case you're missing your BOM fix.

Banal Vapid Platitudes
Simon

Post by Simon »

I fuggin' loved that. It makes a refreshing change to see quick progress rather than 20 minutes of them fashioning a bracket to hold a bracket whilst some 'funk' plays... ;)
The artist formerly known as _Who_
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Shocking levels of progress.

Good to see :lol:
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

My 3rd driver had one of those and raced in the c1 endurance cup a few years ago. He had said we could join him and then he pissed off leaving his mrs and kids and I’ve not seen him since. Was looking forward to racing with a bit of suspension and a track that didn’t change lap to lap.
Simon

Post by Simon »

drcarlos wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:07 pm My 3rd driver...
Oooh, hark at him with 'drivers'. Some of us have to drive ourselves when we go out.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Simon wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:31 pm
drcarlos wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:07 pm My 3rd driver...
Oooh, hark at him with 'drivers'. Some of us have to drive ourselves when we go out.
Ooh, if only! :lol:
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:11 pm In case you're missing your BOM fix.

Now this is far more up my street. An old hatch with all the insides taken out of it and a cage bolted in.
Left over crest; tightens.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Bloody hell, episode 2 is already out! (For me at least!)
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

Patreon today, great unwashed tomorrow. Watching now.
mik

Post by mik »

Patreon shmatreon.

I have a mug, a zipper and a t-shirt and I still have to hoi-poloi it. :evil: Not that I’ve even watched the earlier episode yet mind :roll:
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

Part 2

mik

Post by mik »

Cos I don’t have them, I was genuinely surprised at how often the power tools came out in preference to traditional ratchets and spanners. Seem to be more useful than I had assumed....
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

A battery impact gun makes general spannering about a millionty quicker and easier. I’ll basically use one everywhere it will fit.

I’m surprised their ocds allowed them to refit crusty suspension bits with nice shiny new bushes.

I realise it’s supposed to be a quick budget build, but still, while it’s off....
Cheers, Harry
mik

Post by mik »

Interesting. Possible future purchases.