Southern Meet?

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Southern Meet?

Post by Jobbo »

The one time I left my Elise parked in the road outside my house for the night, one of the neighbours reversed over the front clam. No note, but his car was directly in front with matching damage (fortunately just scuffs to the paint, not as bad as GG's). I always took it round to the garage after it had been fixed.

Anyway: equivalent courtesy car FTW :D

To be fair, I haven't actually managed to book the pub for lunch yet. I've tried, but they're getting back to me. Have no fear, lunch will be available somewhere.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Damn it GG, bad luck. :(

And JL is correct.
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

Nightmare - that’s quite a shunt. Some bastard reversed into my Evora leaving a hairline crack in the front bumper and didn’t even have the common decency to leave a note.

As everyone else has said, don’t sell it. Get it fixed and see it as an opportunity to tidy up any other wee niggles that might have been bothering you.
Marv

Post by Marv »

That's a PITA GG. Hope it's not too much hassle to get sorted.
Oui, je suis un motard.
mik

Post by mik »

Ouch. That is really shit gg :evil:

JL and coaster are correct however.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Women and reversing! 🤯

That sucks balls mate. Get it fixed and park it at mine for safe keeping! Not that I’m getting obsessed about 911s or anything :?
Cheers,

Ian
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

That's a bummer, but to be fair most of that looks pop back onnable to keep the car mobile at least.
Cheers, Harry
GG.

Post by GG. »

Took a better look at it today and it’s actually quite hard to manipulate back give the way it been bent.

I’m just going to have them flatbed it to SL Restorations. No reason why I should inconvenience myself driving it all the way down there and getting a train back.

Was thinking I may see if I can get an ‘equivalent’ courtesy car to bring along to the meet. If they’re going to give me a Kia or something then clearly I won’t bother.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

GG. wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:52 pm Took a better look at it today and it’s actually quite hard to manipulate back give the way it been bent.

I’m just going to have them flatbed it to SL Restorations. No reason why I should inconvenience myself driving it all the way down there and getting a train back.

Was thinking I may see if I can get an ‘equivalent’ courtesy car to bring along to the meet. If they’re going to give me a Kia or something then clearly I won’t bother.
How is this going?
Cheers,

Ian
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Two problems from my end:
- I can’t make it now
- The pub still hasn’t confirmed our booking

Is anyone still keen to go to the Red Lion in Avebury for lunch? If so, I’ll try to make sure the booking is booked even though I can’t be there.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Why can't you be there?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
GG.

Post by GG. »

IanF wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:26 pm
GG. wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:52 pm Took a better look at it today and it’s actually quite hard to manipulate back give the way it been bent.

How is this going?
The ‘equivalent’ courtesy car? Not awfully well shall we say.

My insurers policy is ‘same number of doors & seats’. Excellent I thought. Two doors rules our saloons and four seats rules out pretty much anything that isn’t a sports coupe :D

I gently enquired about this when I spent an hour on the phone answering questions about whether the police were called, was anyone injured and 1001 other things not relevant to parking shunt. Let’s just say the lady I spoke to was non comittal about what I’d get. I think the ‘equivalent’ wording just amounts to ‘no smaller’ :(

To be honest even Porsche Assistance when I had it were amusing with the cars you got. I once cracked an alloy on the Boxster and was given an S350 CDI. Wasn’t so much use for hooning around the lake district’s narrow lanes (though I did try hard enough to get the exhaust pinging itself cool when I parked it up) :lol:

Anyway TL;DR - it ain’t gonna happen.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Simon wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:16 pm Why can't you be there?
Too much on which has got in the way - my car does work though! MOT expires a few days later, of course.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:57 pm Two problems from my end:
- I can’t make it now

Is anyone still keen to go to the Red Lion in Avebury for lunch? If so, I’ll try to make sure the booking is booked even though I can’t be there.
Ah, that's a shame. Yes please Simon, I think we have a good number going still.
Left over crest; tightens.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

JonMad wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:30 am
Jobbo wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:57 pm Two problems from my end:
- I can’t make it now

Ah, that's a shame. Yes please Simon, I think we have a good number going still.
Wot Jon said.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Did we ever establish who was still coming?
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I'm afraid I haven't managed to get the table booking confirmed so don't assume there's going to be a table at the Red Lion in Avebury. Their booking system is useless.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:15 pm I'm afraid I haven't managed to get the table booking confirmed so don't assume there's going to be a table at the Red Lion in Avebury. Their booking system is useless.
so I just phoned them (radical! took 15 seconds) to try and book. They don't take bookings on weekends so we'll have to chance it.

What say 10am at The Ridgeway.
iirc me, Duncs, IanF, GG in a courtesy car (come on, you know you want to!), Jimmy. Anyone else?
Left over crest; tightens.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

That'll be why the booking system which told me someone would be in touch has been so useless then.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

JonMad wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:19 pm
Jobbo wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:15 pm I'm afraid I haven't managed to get the table booking confirmed so don't assume there's going to be a table at the Red Lion in Avebury. Their booking system is useless.
so I just phoned them (radical! took 15 seconds) to try and book. They don't take bookings on weekends so we'll have to chance it.

What say 10am at The Ridgeway.
iirc me, Duncs, IanF, GG in a courtesy car (come on, you know you want to!), Jimmy. Anyone else?
Please let it be a Hyundai i10 so I'm not completely outgunned by everyone.
Banal Vapid Platitudes