Drivers waving!

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Drivers waving!

Post by Rich B »

You know how some car owners wave at each other - VW camper vans/beetles, Land Rover series's, etc...

Well It turns out that M2 drivers wave to each other...I'd had a few nods and waves over the last 6 months or so, but it's now pretty much every time I drive past another M2 I get a wave or a flash! How quaint!

Anyone else found themselves in a club?
mik

Re: Drivers waving!

Post by mik »

When we hired the motorhome recently I got a lot of motorhomefwendwavez.
Beany

Post by Beany »

There are a few silver E46 cabrios around here, it doesn't happen often but if I let one out of a junction or past on a tight road I seem to get a more enthusiastic response than the usual :lol:
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

I thought M drivers were too "Alpha" to wave.

And only in the Lotus, but lets be honest, all Lotus owners are nerdy.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Out and about in the Galaxie or the Scimitar, other people in classic cars will often wave. You also sometimes get a random wave or thumbs-up from pedestrians too.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Matty wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:43 pm I thought M drivers were too "Alpha" to wave.

admittedly it is more of a lift of the hand or a nod than a full "hi lieutenant dan" wave!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The Defender owners are enthusiastic hand wavers.
Had a few in the Mito but I don’t bother.
Nothing in the BMW apart from one chap going pretending to pleasure an imaginary phallus whilst opening and closing his jaw simultaneously. Didn’t know if he wanted to fuck me or fight me.
The Tesla bunch do it frequently but it’s just annoying because it’s such a common car.
How about not having a sig at all?
John

Post by John »

mik wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:29 pm When we hired the motorhome recently I got a lot of motorhomefwendwavez.
I find this a bit weird, it's not like they are rare and in some parts of the uk virtually every other vehicle is a motorhome.

I ignore them :D
John

Post by John »

Oh, and I drive an mx5 too but the mk4 seems to be a bit outside the waving club, good :lol:
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

John wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:41 pm
mik wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:29 pm When we hired the motorhome recently I got a lot of motorhomefwendwavez.
I find this a bit weird, it's not like they are rare and in some parts of the uk virtually every other vehicle is a motorhome.

I ignore them :D
I don't recall this being a things as caravan owner but I have fully embraced it with the motorhome, I am now launching full Rimmer Salutes 8)
tim

Post by tim »

I exchange waves with other XJ drivers, 308s particularly although I'll acknowledge a 350 at a push. Anything newer can get in the sea.

There's two around here I see reasonably frequently and we always exchange a cheerey "how fucked is yours today?" kinda wave. :)
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

911 drivers wave at me in the boxster probably thinking it is one until they get past and realise its a poor mans porka
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

M4 drivers do, but not the new gen one funnily enough! 😂

Ferrari gets acknowledged by other Fezza’s but I know the two guys near me that have one, soo…. 😂🤣😂
Cheers,

Ian
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Most old British sports cars all get a wave from me, often to much amusing confusion (no, not if I'm in the C5 you tard) :mrgreen:
dan

Post by dan »

A bloke in an MX5 waved to me in my S2000 not long ago.
mik

Post by mik »

Do we have to be ashamed if we are the wave initiator? :oops:

All Loti get a wave from me (except for the blue S1 Elise owner that resolutely ignored me going into the Clyde Tunnel in slow traffic :? ) , and I had 2x "fook-me there is another VXR8 coming the other way" moments whilst I had mine - which may have caused me to flash my lights and raise a geeky hand..... :geek:
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Lotus and Caterham for sure. Although I'm too busy trying to wake up the wife and tell her to look at the Lotus (which she then always misses anyway) to wave, and when I see they've waved I feel bad that I never waved back.:(
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:06 pm 911 drivers wave at me in the boxster probably thinking it is one until they get past and realise its a poor mans porka
I found up North all Porsche drivers waved at each other but down South not so much. If I was being rude, I would say the enthusiasts wave and the posers don't...
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Always in the Elise and a surprising amount in the Boxster.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Back when I was driving beetles, Aircooled VW drivers would usually wave and often with the specific hangloose gesture