Drivers waving!

MikeHunt

Re: Drivers waving!

Post by MikeHunt »

dan wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:22 am A bloke in an MX5 waved to me in my S2000 not long ago.
If you have a private reg that almost looks like s2000, it may have been me thinking you were someone else with a similar plate. Weird if it was.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

TVR, of course it's a thing.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

drcarlos wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:11 pm TVR, of course it's a thing.
Waving in distress as something has broken, fallen off or caught on fire. 😂😂
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Most 911/Boxster/Cayman drivers wave once they realise that the 928 is actually a Porsche.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Delphi wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:23 am Most 911/Boxster/Cayman drivers wave once they realise that the 928 is actually a Porsche.
I've had 3 Boxsters and 4 Caymans and could recognise a porsche in the distance before your arse was as big as a shirt button! :lol:

I also give a little half hearted wave if the other driver seems to have noticed me.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

:lol: Excellent
How about not having a sig at all?
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:12 pm You know how some car owners wave at each other - VW camper vans/beetles, Land Rover series's, etc...

Well It turns out that M2 drivers wave to each other...I'd had a few nods and waves over the last 6 months or so, but it's now pretty much every time I drive past another M2 I get a wave or a flash! How quaint!

Anyone else found themselves in a club?
I had this from an M2 driver last week. Took me by surprise to say the least.
Cheers,

Mike.
dan

Post by dan »

MikeHunt wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:50 pm
dan wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:22 am A bloke in an MX5 waved to me in my S2000 not long ago.
If you have a private reg that almost looks like s2000, it may have been me thinking you were someone else with a similar plate. Weird if it was.
its R300 HPE so may not have been me.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Had an A2 fwend flash lights at me earlier, also an 05 tdi in blue, even had an A2 registration.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

BMWs attract lots of “waves” you will get used to it. ;)
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

Mustang gets a wave, thumbs up very frequently.

650i never..

Beetle has had a wave here and there.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Lotus drivers wave at each other - unless its @mik There was a club memorandum that was faxed round advising on a blanket ban of waving at @mik . :lol:
mik

Post by mik »

Everyone else received the message on their phones and shizzle, but @scotta had to have it sent to his fax machine ‘cos he is a SENIOR IT PROFESSIONAL. 8-)
scotta

Post by scotta »

mik wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:27 am Everyone else received the message on their phones and shizzle, but @scotta had to have it sent to his fax machine ‘cos he is a SENIOR IT PROFESSIONAL. 8-)
Fax is more secure cos its a point to point connection...
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Nobody waves at a 16yo 3 series estate, you'd be surprised to learn.

What I am susprised at is that we haven't yet been waved at/flagged down, when driving the Skoda Superb Limo Taxi about.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Last night I was out in the wife's V class, as I parked up on a road near Weathrspoons there were 3 oldish chaps waiting outside. They were grinning like they had won the taxi equivalent of the hire car lottery and even asked if I was uber as I got out. :D
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

I've never understood why you would wave at someone who drives a similar car to you but I'm an anxious introvert and want everyone to leave me the fuck alone unless I'm instigating the interaction.

Also, I drive a Jaaaaaaaag so it's usually upset husbands upset that they've found me in bed with their wife, au pair and the contents of their wine cellar.

Banal Vapid Platitudes
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Get quite a few waves and thumbs up etc from people in the sud, not just other Alfas but pretty much anything old / interesting. I never instigate one, but will give one back if spotted in time.
Cheers, Harry
mik

Post by mik »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:47 am I've never understood why you would wave at someone who drives a similar car to you
It's mostly about rarity.

If you are proudly wearing your "I LOVE WHELKS" t-shirt (again) 8-) then you are unlikely to have any associated interaction with other humans, other humans wearing clothes, or other humans wearing T-Shirts. Even ones with slogans expressing what they love. :?

Imagine however that you are out at the shops (with this t-shirt on - keep up). B&Q to be specific. Picking up some more "sticky stuff remover". Because.... well anyway.

As you return to your car, you notice that someone has parked beside you. They have exited their car and started heading towards the shop as you are about 10m from your own vehicle. But as they round the back of their car, you notice a "CAUTION - SHOW WHELKS IN TRANSIT" sticker on their bumper...... :o

See? :ugeek:
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

mik wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:37 am
Jimmy Choo wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:47 am I've never understood why you would wave at someone who drives a similar car to you
It's mostly about rarity.

If you are proudly wearing your "I LOVE WHELKS" t-shirt (again) 8-) then you are unlikely to have any associated interaction with other humans, other humans wearing clothes, or other humans wearing T-Shirts. Even ones with slogans expressing what they love. :?

Imagine however that you are out at the shops (with this t-shirt on - keep up). B&Q to be specific. Picking up some more "sticky stuff remover". Because.... well anyway.

As you return to your car, you notice that someone has parked beside you. They have exited their car and started heading towards the shop as you are about 10m from your own vehicle. But as they round the back of their car, you notice a "CAUTION - SHOW WHELKS IN TRANSIT" sticker on their bumper...... :o

See? :ugeek:
A vivid and somewhat disturbing description.
Banal Vapid Platitudes