Youngtimers Classic Show at Gawsworth Hall, Macclesfield

davecG60

Youngtimers Classic Show at Gawsworth Hall, Macclesfield

Post by davecG60 »

Few pictures from yesterdays show. Never heard of it before ( although we've been to the hall previously ) and had a great variety of stuff there from random kitcars built in an old blokes shed to Ferraris and TVRs etc. Bumped into a couple of mates (red MK2 Golf & Speed (?) Yellow 996 (?) whilst we were there so had a quick catch up in the sunshine. Full album here .... https://davecg60.imgbb.com/albums
And yes the Rubystone RS was stunning 8-)

Image <<< Best number plate award! ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Cockwobble
nuttinnew

Re: Youngtimers Classic Show at Gawsworth Hall, Macclesfield

Post by nuttinnew »

8-)

I forgot to post in the spotted thread I saw one of these t'other day, KNN102V I think it was. Seeing it being driven in the sun out in the sticks, it probably had the same effect it would have had in period - it even had a lack of traffic 8-)
Barry

Post by Barry »

Damn, wish I'd known this was on, I'm only 30 mins away (used to live in Macc too).
davecG60

Post by davecG60 »

nuttinnew wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:28 pm 8-)

I forgot to post in the spotted thread I saw one of these t'other day, KNN102V I think it was. Seeing it being driven in the sun out in the sticks, it probably had the same effect it would have had in period - it even had a lack of traffic 8-)
I can remember seeing one in Wilmslow ( natural habitat ;) ) when we were kids in the 80s . Looked amazing in a sea of Sierras and Astras!
Cockwobble
davecG60

Post by davecG60 »

Barry wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:23 pm Damn, wish I'd known this was on, I'm only 30 mins away (used to live in Macc too).
Forgot you used to live over these parts Barry - think there was a thread on the old forum where you mentioned it ( Buxton Road / bottom of the C&F ?)

Gawsworth Show is an annual event apparently although I'd not heard of it before it was a nice little varied show. There's also the annual show at Capesthorne Hall which is pretty good by all accounts.https://classicshows.org/events/sunday- ... orne-hall-
Cockwobble
Barry

Post by Barry »

I was on Congleton Rd but yeah, Gawsworth just down the road. I'll pencil Capesthorne into the diary.