Silverstone Auction results

speedingfine

Re: Silverstone Auction results

Post by speedingfine »

I'm old. The prices are crazy. Nothing strikes me as good value. Roaring twenties indeed.
Last edited by speedingfine on Sun May 29, 2022 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Those Focus RS prices are bonkers, had no idea it was that collectible.
An absolute unit
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

An Integrale at over £100k and £70k for a Focus RS. GTF. That's nuts!!
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

It's insane. £41k for a Mk2 RS? £40k for an M3? I kinda get the RS500, CSL and GT3's fetching silly money, but surely some people are going to take a massive bath on those cars, given a recession, CoL and interest rates are going in the wrong direction?

Mental.
John

Post by John »

The Sunbeam Lotus Avon seems fairly sensibly priced.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

An awful lot unsold, which is surely an indication that the market generally isn’t quite as hot as some of the sold prices might indicate.

That E46 M3 might be low mileage but it’s not standard - CSL style boot lid and E92 alloys are quite wrong. The Individual badges added to the side gills (which I’ve never seen from the factory anyway) aren’t backed up by the chassis plate the only ‘Individual’ thing I can see is that awful steering wheel which is surely as much of a retro fitment as the alcantara elsewhere inside. The colour scheme isn’t Individual anyway. Put it back to standard and it would surely be worth more?
mik

Post by mik »

John wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 10:35 pm The Sunbeam Lotus Avon seems fairly sensibly priced.
That was the car that caught my eye.

Most (all) of these are Shirley “buy to collect” as opposed to “buy to drive” now though? :(
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

DB7s don't go for much do they?
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Zonda_ wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 9:37 am DB7s don't go for much do they?
We saw one parked-up in Edinburgh last week and it did look like a 20 grand car. I was surprised by how much it seemed to have aged - just reminded me of a late 80s/early 90s Jag, especially the interior.
Cheers,

Mike.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

It's an XJS with 2 mondeo engines velcroed together, it's never going to be worth a lot :lol:
An absolute unit
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Really nice delta evos have been £100k + for a while. The red £30k 16v one is pretty much where they are again for a really clean low mileage one, and imho good value against a 100k evo.

Like most of the old things I’m interested in, even if I had or could justify it I’d struggle to pay that much for something I know would have been a £10k car not all that long ago.

Some of the other stuff there is pretty mental though.
Cheers, Harry
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

I like the registration on the Morgan but I'd feel a prat driving it and you could certainly never drive your mother in it.

The Elan is lovely and £23k seems reasonable.

I'm torn between the two Esprit for circa £50k. The S4 is the sensible choice but the V8 is yellow...
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

Some of the prices also represent the usual generation shift of purchasers -
E types not selling and XK120s and 150s for half what they might have made 5 years ago show that the people previously purchasing them have died or aren’t doing much driving anymore. Rare stuff like an Earl’s Court Maserati will always be collectible.
The 40-50 year old with cash to burn stokes the prices of cars that clearly aren’t worth it.
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

That 928 GTS is lovely - perfect colour combination, but £56K is pretty strong money for an auto GTS. Having said that, it's cheaper and looks a hell of a lot nicer than the stupidly priced S4 that Leeds Porsche have got up for sale.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Not surprisingly I quite like the 12C. Price seemed OK but not amazing.

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Sundayjumper wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:34 am Not surprisingly I quite like the 12C. Price seemed OK but not amazing.

I did wonder when I saw that at 63K if that was good value or not? I lost track about the different models of McLarens some time ago!
Cheers,

Mike.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Ascender wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:42 am I did wonder when I saw that at 63K if that was good value or not? I lost track about the different models of McLarens some time ago!
Cheapest on Autotrader right now is a private sale - which an auction basically is, except you don't get to meet the owner and decide if they're a d**k - for £66k. Dealer prices start at a few grand over £70k. So £63k was probably about right, not OMG either way, either high or low.
Marv

Post by Marv »

Ascender wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:42 am
Sundayjumper wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:34 am Not surprisingly I quite like the 12C. Price seemed OK but not amazing.

I did wonder when I saw that at 63K if that was good value or not? I lost track about the different models of McLarens some time ago!
A McLaren MP4-12C cheaper than a Ford Focus RS500 :lol:
Oui, je suis un motard.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I haven't checked, but the 993 cab for £45k is probably about right, and I might be totally wrong on it, but the 1974 Aston V8 at £70k also seems fair. I love that era of Aston and when I've looked in the past they've been serious money, but I don't know if that in particular is less desirable in some way.