NCG conversations

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

NCG conversations

Post by Rich B »

I just heard a group of guys behind me discussing cars, one said to the other "you really loved your Peugeot 3008 didn't you"

The other guy relied, without a hint of sarcasm "yeah, it was awesome, I only had it a few months as a company car but i loved it and miss it."

He's now saying he'd have a 3008 over a BMW 330e...
Rich B

Re: NCG conversations

Post by Rich B »

He's still talking about it - "I absolutely loved my 3008, the best car I've ever owned!"
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Look on the positive side. He'll never be the one driving the prices of cars you like up.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Each to their own and all that :D
mik

Post by mik »

Have you ever driven a 3008 Rich?

Maybe… y’know….. you could be the NCG :?
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

I googled the 3008 because I had no idea what one looked like.. it seems to be getting 4/5 stars (Autocar), 5/5 (Whatcar) and 8/10 (TG) in the reviews! 😳 Evo haven’t reviewed this version but it’s 300hp AWD hybrid with a funky interior so maybe it’s not as bad as we (all) automatically think??

Not saying I want one mind!.. 😁
Cheers,

Ian
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

He was talking about a 2018 that did 0-60 in 7.1 (he was really going on about it!) and t appears he's made that up though?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I had a look at Auto Express's review. It reads like a press release. Here's an excerpt:

"Four-wheel drive isn't available on the majority of 3008 models. Peugeot has developed its Grip Control system that can do most of the things 4WD can do, aside from the most extreme off-roading."

Right, so it's fwd with traction control. So no, it can't do the same as a 4WD car which is why 4WD cars exist. FFS.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

One of my friends is a driving instructor but not really a CG insists that his wife's Ford Kuga is the best car ever made :lol:

Another one of my friends was asking for advice on cars and ended up asking whether they should get the Skoda or Seat versions of the mid size VAG SUV.

An absolute unit
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

I hope you said the Skoda version.
Left over crest; tightens.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yeah, I said Skoda. Can't remember what they actually ended up buying though.
An absolute unit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I met an Alfa enthusiast who was a NCG today, my 2 minute trip to the pet store ended up in a 15 min convo.

He gave me a bunch of tips on how to make my car run forever. 6 month oil changes and coolant flush, oil flushes, Red Ex, particulate filter cleaner (erm sure). Then he showed me round his recently purchased £2,500 50k mile Alfa GT which was in almost new condition (his words).

Now I don’t want be that negative person in the room but the car looked knackered. Like it had been parked by the sea for all of its life. Every panel had lacquer peel and dents, it was missing bits of trim like the door handles, the wheels were fucked and it was on bald perished Chinese tyres. Then inside the wheels the hubs and brakes etc looked like the titanic.

I thanked him for his advice but I really had to rush to take my dog to the groomer so I didn’t get to see his engine bay which he assured me “you could eat your lunch off of”.

Just felt to me like someone who had been taken advantage of by a cunty car salesman and he was repeating those cliche phrases back at me.
How about not having a sig at all?
Wilspeed

Post by Wilspeed »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:46 am I met an Alfa enthusiast who was a NCG today
There's no such thing, you've been had.
Cunt.
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

Wilspeed wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:32 pm
Mito Man wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:46 am I met an Alfa enthusiast who was a NCG today
There's no such thing, you've been had.
I was just about to say 'Patrick will have a field day with that!' and here you are! :lol:
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

It’s true. Own an Alfa, any Alfa, and you are automatically a car guy.

Clarkson said so :lol:
Cheers, Harry