6%
@PaulJ - Porsche Cayman 4.0 GTS
3%

Total votes: 36

Beany

Re: FECPOTY - 2021 - Get voting...

Post by Beany »

revsRus wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:00 pm
JonathanE wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:48 pm Ooooh - neck and neck. I had assumed that I couldn’t / shouldn’t vote for myself. How naive!

Jonathan
Game of soggy, winner takes all? I’ll come to you
Taking your own biscuits, aye?
revsRus
Currently Driving: Mclaren 600LT
VW Golf Clubsport S

Post by revsRus »

Beany wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:28 pm
revsRus wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:00 pm
JonathanE wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:48 pm Ooooh - neck and neck. I had assumed that I couldn’t / shouldn’t vote for myself. How naive!

Jonathan
Game of soggy, winner takes all? I’ll come to you
Taking your own biscuits, aye?
Defo, I find a gingerbread man most effective
JonathanE

Post by JonathanE »

In response to the tie-break questions:

- I have yet to drive a single mile in the Pantera but previous owners have put on at least 50k and I hope to add 5-10% to that every year. Does that count?

- Re financial peril, I'm conscious of having said that one of my purchase considerations was that a Pantera should be cheaper to run than a Countach. That's not a high hurdle; I'm reminded of the reasons given by PJ O'Rourke (a staunch Republican) for endorsing Hilary rather than Trump in 2016: ""She's wrong about absolutely everything, but she's wrong within normal parameters." The Pantera will be expensive, but within normal parameters (I hope). I don't know how it compares to a McLaren - bear in mind that it is 50 years old, has no warranty or service history, and although parts are readily available there are no suppliers in Europe which means everything has to be shipped from the US with significant shipping costs, delay and VAT. Also, within the Pantera community there is very little value placed on originality, which means that there is no disincentive to continuous upgrading. I now sound a bit like Julia Roberts in 'Notting Hill' asking everyone to feel sorry for me!

- Finally, if the tie-break ultimately involves a biscuit, bear in mind that I have been married for 26 years so have become adept at rapid, discreet solo activity.

Maybe one of us should ask for the virtual safety car to be deployed - you are definitely much faster, but I have brand new tyres...
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

JonathanE wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:53 am In response to the tie-break questions:

- I have yet to drive a single mile in the Pantera but previous owners have put on at least 50k and I hope to add 5-10% to that every year. Does that count?

- Re financial peril, I'm conscious of having said that one of my purchase considerations was that a Pantera should be cheaper to run than a Countach. That's not a high hurdle; I'm reminded of the reasons given by PJ O'Rourke (a staunch Republican) for endorsing Hilary rather than Trump in 2016: ""She's wrong about absolutely everything, but she's wrong within normal parameters." The Pantera will be expensive, but within normal parameters (I hope). I don't know how it compares to a McLaren - bear in mind that it is 50 years old, has no warranty or service history, and although parts are readily available there are no suppliers in Europe which means everything has to be shipped from the US with significant shipping costs, delay and VAT. Also, within the Pantera community there is very little value placed on originality, which means that there is no disincentive to continuous upgrading. I now sound a bit like Julia Roberts in 'Notting Hill' asking everyone to feel sorry for me!

- Finally, if the tie-break ultimately involves a biscuit, bear in mind that I have been married for 26 years so have become adept at rapid, discreet solo activity.

Maybe one of us should ask for the virtual safety car to be deployed - you are definitely much faster, but I have brand new tyres...
Superb 😂😂😂
scotta

Post by scotta »

McSwede wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:07 am
JonathanE wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:53 am In response to the tie-break questions:

Superb 😂😂😂
Absolutely! Well played.
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

I'm going for Matty's 4C as it's the only other contender I've seen in the flesh.
revsRus
Currently Driving: Mclaren 600LT
VW Golf Clubsport S

Post by revsRus »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:24 pm My first thought was soggy biscuit so I decided to not comment at all :lol:
Now you know not be so shy next time
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Hmmmmmm, which one gets my vote?

A very good list with some very nice ‘EVO’ cars, some mad / interesting / left field purchases, and a E36 :D
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

So it's Jonathons Pantera in first, revs 600LT in second, maurices C63 in third, Maurices Exige and Jobbos Allroad in fourth, and everyone else including Scott's Elise in last.

Congrats!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Is that the final score? I for one am surprised that my car has done so well.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Thank you to whoever gave the compact a sympathy vote and saved it from dead last :lol:
Cheers, Harry
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

At least it made the list!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:30 pm Is that the final score? I for one am surprised that my car has done so well.
yep, it says the poll ended Sunday morning. I'm glad we've exposed the corruption of the initial declaration.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

1st - @JonathanE - DeTomaso Pantera - 44%
2nd - @revsRus - Mclaren 600LT - 22%
3rd - @Maurice - Mercedes C63 AMG - 8%
4th=- @Maurice - Lotus Exige 430 Cup - 6%
4th=- @Jobbo - Audi A6 Allroad - 6%
Last - @Matty - Alfa 4c - 3%
Last - @Sundayjumper - Ford Galaxie - 3%
Last - @integrale_evo - BMW Compact - 3%
Last - @scotta - Lotus Elise Club Racer S - 3%
@PaulJ - disqualified
mik

Post by mik »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:23 pm
Jobbo wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:30 pm Is that the final score? I for one am surprised that my car has done so well.
yep, it says the poll ended Sunday morning. I'm glad we've exposed the corruption of the initial declaration.
That refund we spoke about was received on time in my PayPal - glad the result worked out as you wanted Rich. :geek:
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:02 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:23 pm
That refund we spoke about was received on time in my PayPal - glad the result worked out as you wanted Rich. :geek:
the result the people wanted.
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:52 pm 1st - @JonathanE - DeTomaso Pantera - 44%
2nd - @revsRus - Mclaren 600LT - 22%
3rd - @Maurice - Mercedes C63 AMG - 8%
4th=- @Maurice - Lotus Exige 430 Cup - 6%
4th=- @Jobbo - Audi A6 Allroad - 6%
Last - @Matty - Alfa 4c - 3%
Last - @Sundayjumper - Ford Galaxie - 3%
Last - @integrale_evo - BMW Compact - 3%
Last - @scotta - Lotus Elise Club Racer S - 3%
@PaulJ - disqualified
The oldest and most rebellious. A win for me then. :twisted: