Caution - may cause lump in throat

mik

Caution - may cause lump in throat

Post by mik »

Nice item on Mr Burns. Of the Richard as opposed to Montgomery variety.

KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Re: Caution - may cause lump in throat

Post by KiwiDave »

I always preferred Richard to Colin and it's always grated a little that people have remembered Colin with such reverence and RB gets much smaller mentions. Loved this article.

If they do a Top Gear special on him in the same way they did for Colin I'd feel a little bit like some justice and respect was served. Or a similar profile piece somewhere...
mik

Post by mik »

I always struggled between McRae and Burns - I liked the former cos he was a Jocklander and I was originally a fan of his dad as opposed to anything to do with his driving style. But Burns was always bang on the pace and I liked his quiet and less moany style.

The fact he died from horrible illness rather than due to some wreckless showing off makes the lesser celebration of his achievements harder to accept.
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

mik wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:22 pm The fact he died from horrible illness rather than due to some wreckless showing off makes the lesser celebration of his achievements harder to accept.
Agreed - if anything it keeps a little more dignity about his memory over time I reckon.