EOTR VW Golf GTI 245 performance

Explosive Newt

Re: EOTR VW Golf GTI 245 performance

Post by Explosive Newt »

Looking on the VW dealer websites, there are a scattering of 2 year old GTIs going for circa £30-35k. I'm guessing that's not a huge loss of value?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I forgot to ask - did you get a quote to buy it off them, Rich? If so, I imagine it was way over a sensible price based on Scott's findings above.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:54 am I forgot to ask - did you get a quote to buy it off them, Rich? If so, I imagine it was way over a sensible price based on Scott's findings above.
nope, I casually asked what options I had next and it wasn't offered, but to be honest, even if it had, organising that on top of everything else would have been a step too far at the moment!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

That's fair enough. Did they offer to extend the lease at £600/month?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Rich B wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:17 am
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:12 am
Rich B wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:07 am it had a weird button at the end of the accelerator pedal that clicked when you put your foot it down.
Loads of cars have that - it's to get it to kick down as much as poss, or overcome any speed limiter that's set. My 330 has it, albeit it's not as pronounced, and my 197 had it as well.
Weird. On the golf (and the T Roc I briefly had) it is like a proper click - with what feels like another 5mm of pedal travel. Particularly strange as the cars are manual.
Probably just parts sharing and stuck the same pedal assembly on as the autos.

The merc has a noticeable click, actually takes quite a firm press. So much so we’d owned it for a while before noticing you could press it a bit further 😂
Cheers, Harry