New integra

jamcg

New integra

Post by jamcg »

Yet another disappointing name revitalisation

https://www.evo.co.uk/honda/204098/2023 ... otype-form

Very generic design, could be mistaken for a merc cla, i30 sportback, even a modern Vauxhall insignia
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Re: New integra

Post by Sundayjumper »

Yeah, Insignia was my first thought.

But to be fair, people like us don't buy new cars, then we complain that there's no s/h cars we like. The manufacturers need to build stuff that sells.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Looks shite.
How about not having a sig at all?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:26 pm Yeah, Insignia was my first thought.

But to be fair, people like us don't buy new cars, then we complain that there's no s/h cars we like. The manufacturers need to build stuff that sells.
half the forum had a brand new Golf R or M140i at one point - if they build good cars, "we" do buy them.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Thought it was a bmw from the rear shot I had seen.

But then I followed a merc home which I thought was a Lexus until I was close enough to see the badge :lol:
Cheers, Harry
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Rich B wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:44 pm half the forum had a brand new Golf R or M140i at one point - if they build good cars, "we" do buy them.
Only because there were crazy loss-leader lease deals going on. Who here has actually bought (/financed) a brand new car recently ? * My MiL did. A Renault Captur.

* We don't talk about shockdiamonds :lol:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:55 pm
Rich B wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:44 pm half the forum had a brand new Golf R or M140i at one point - if they build good cars, "we" do buy them.
Only because there were crazy loss-leader lease deals going on. Who here has actually bought (/financed) a brand new car recently ? * My MiL did. A Renault Captur.

thinking back to that 520d still has me shaking my head!

It would be interesting to know whether the cheap Golf Rs actually made them money in the end - they carried on making them for long enough.

As a dealer said to me last week, the cars are just metal boxes, they don't make much profit off them - it's all about the finance agreements
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Rich B wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:07 pm thinking back to that 520d still has me shaking my head!
The pressure of being an heir. You wouldn't understand.

Edit: which actually reminds me of something else I was going to post.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:14 pm
Rich B wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:07 pm thinking back to that 520d still has me shaking my head!
The pressure of being an heir. You wouldn't understand.

Edit: which actually reminds me of something else I was going to post.
Did you change your mind about the post?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Yeah :)

It would just get thrown back at me one day.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:13 pm Yeah :)

Bah, missed it, couldn't think how to word a reply. Ah; fuck you and your failure. Hth.

Aaanyway, the new Integra;

Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

Rich B wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:07 pm

It would be interesting to know whether the cheap Golf Rs actually made them money in the end - they carried on making them for long enough.

As a dealer said to me last week, the cars are just metal boxes, they don't make much profit off them - it's all about the finance agreements
Also, how much more does it actually cost VW to make an ‘R’ over whatever the entry level model is these days? Perhaps £3k for a rear diff, better engine/brakes/wheels?
They must still be making money selling a base model, so they’ll still be making more profit on an R as long as it gets sold to the finance company for more than that £3k uplift.

Porsche are the masters at this, with 911s only costing a small amount more to make than a Boxster, but selling for £30k+ more.

It’s also why BMW are always happy to knock £20k off an M5 five minutes after the launch day.

The cars hit the UK with about 40% margin in them. The manufacturer then decides how that is split between distribution and retailer.
So the factory is clearly making money at retail-40%, the dealer would normally have 12-18% to work with, and the remainder with distribution/manufacturers finance.
On the crazy advertised lease deals the retailer is normally accepting a fixed profit on a car.

My cheap M140 made the dealer just under £2k chassis profit and £400 finance commission. It was discounted by nearly 20% but distribution were putting money towards the deals to move metal.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

nuttinnew wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:51 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:13 pm Yeah :)

Bah, missed it, couldn't think how to word a reply. Ah; fuck you and your failure. Hth.

Aaanyway, the new Integra;

That's the most generic car side profile that I've ever seen, it looks like a car someone would design for a computer game that needs to look like every other car on the market, whilst not looking like one specific manufacturer.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I don’t really get the moaning tbh. It’s not like the old integra was a classic design and a reasonably priced hot hatch with a manual is becoming a rare thing these days.
An absolute unit
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Jimexpl wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:54 am
Rich B wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:07 pm

Also, how much more does it actually cost VW to make an ‘R’ over whatever the entry level model is these days? Perhaps £3k for a rear diff, better engine/brakes/wheels?
They must still be making money selling a base model, so they’ll still be making more profit on an R as long as it gets sold to the finance company for more than that £3k uplift.

Porsche are the masters at this, with 911s only costing a small amount more to make than a Boxster, but selling for £30k+ more.

It’s also why BMW are always happy to knock £20k off an M5 five minutes after the launch day.

The cars hit the UK with about 40% margin in them. The manufacturer then decides how that is split between distribution and retailer.
So the factory is clearly making money at retail-40%, the dealer would normally have 12-18% to work with, and the remainder with distribution/manufacturers finance.
On the crazy advertised lease deals the retailer is normally accepting a fixed profit on a car.

My cheap M140 made the dealer just under £2k chassis profit and £400 finance commission. It was discounted by nearly 20% but distribution were putting money towards the deals to move metal.
And yet.... my general impression is that people don't really haggle with dealers any more. Just pay the upfront price.
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

Explosive Newt wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:56 pm And yet.... my general impression is that people don't really haggle with dealers any more. Just pay the upfront price.
Because of brexit, Covid and the chip shortage, I think you're right at the moment!

There's a severe shortage of decent sub-4 year old cars coming on to the market, and new cars have got long lead times.
Who would have believed in 2020 ago that I would have to wait 18 months for a Discovery Sport, which is just a facelift of a model launched six years ago?
If I hadn't needed my current Disco after September WBAC would have given me only £7k less than I paid for it three years ago!

It will be interesting to see if there's a sudden increase in supply at some point next year and how that alters the market.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

It looks like an MG6. Poor Honda. Make an awesome Type-R and the only criticism is it looks like a ripspeed catalogue on asteroids. They decide to build something to go under the radar and we all moan it looks like a shitty bar of soap! :D
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Gavin wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:46 am It looks like an MG6. Poor Honda. Make an awesome Type-R and the only criticism is it looks like a ripspeed catalogue on asteroids. They decide to build something to go under the radar and we all moan it looks like a shitty bar of soap! :D
I think @nuttinnew posted a picture of an mg6 and no one noticed lol
Beany

Post by Beany »

jamcg wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:57 am
Gavin wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:46 am It looks like an MG6. Poor Honda. Make an awesome Type-R and the only criticism is it looks like a ripspeed catalogue on asteroids. They decide to build something to go under the radar and we all moan it looks like a shitty bar of soap! :D
I think @nuttinnew posted a picture of an mg6 and no one noticed lol
He did, and I certainly didn't :lol:
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Gavin wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:46 am ...it looks like a ripspeed catalogue on asteroids.
I quite like that autocorrect :D

“**** me, Paul! It looks like you’ve covered it in super glue and ram-raided Halfords!”