New Daddy - FFRR

GG.

Re: New Daddy - FFRR

Post by GG. »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:29 am The thing is, it doesn't look new. The detailing may be wonderful on a studio walk-round but it just looks like a minor facelift on the road. This may not be much of a hindrance since the L405 doesn't look particularly out of date, but I was disappointed.
Will be interesting to see the first one in the flesh. It's certainly massively less of a step on than every other generation before it.

It was also interesting to see JLR's recent financials - apparently they sold near 50% fewer cars in the last quarter - that would be why second hand L405s have appreciated by 15% in the last three months then...

I'm considering getting another one at some point but what I bought for £44k is now near £50k and with a new model, a few months on etc. it should really be low 40s/high 30s by next year - that means it needs to shed the best part of £10k before I'd consider it. Think I might be waiting a while...
mik

Post by mik »

OK - that’s bad. Who signed that stupidity off?

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

What's wrong with that?
mik

Post by mik »

“Inboard” indicators?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:35 pm “Inboard” indicators?
It's pretty clear which way he's indicating - unless you think he could be indicating right?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

8-) That’s cool
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

It still seems dumb not to have the indicators as the most outboard lights. I thought it was equally stupid when the pug206 and facelift focus put them on the inside corner of the front lights.

Looks shit too.
Cheers, Harry
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

I'm a bit "meh" about it. It's not as bad a those VW/Audi cascading indicators. They are horrid!
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

I think it looks great - it meets all the relevant design regs and looks amazingly clean. Approved.
mik

Post by mik »

Rich B wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:24 pm
mik wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:35 pm “Inboard” indicators?
It's pretty clear which way he's indicating - unless you think he could be indicating right?
Depends if he is returning from an overtake on a duel carriageway.
mik

Post by mik »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:30 pm It still seems dumb not to have the indicators as the most outboard lights.
That
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

mik wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:39 pm
integrale_evo wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:30 pm It still seems dumb not to have the indicators as the most outboard lights.
That
This. Looks dump and I'm guessing they're the VAG/now-universal style cascading type. Which are also shit.

But doesn't matter what I think, as the buying demographic won't care what they look like. In fact, round here you'll be more horrified at what's driving it tbh.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

I genuinely don't see what people are hating here? They're indicators and they are fully concealed when off - which is a good thing non?. Would it be better if they'd stuck some g wagon style ones on the corner?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

They look good when off, but daft when on. I would have made half the red bit the indicator and not had to have a hidden indicator at all.
Cheers, Harry
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Presumably the red bit is split up anyway, to cover off lights, fogs and brakes? I wonder where the reversing lights are.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

McSwede wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:31 pm I'm a bit "meh" about it. It's not as bad a those VW/Audi cascading indicators. They are horrid!
I think they're exactly that type of scrolling indicator light, which is helpful to those who think they should be positioned like trafficators.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

The US Mini Countryman indicators are far worse :lol:

integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

There are loads of modern lights I hate :lol:

The Union Jack ones are horrible. They’re a huge great blob of a lamp but the actual lighting elements only make up a tiny proportion of it in stupid shapes.

Tesla model 3 are crap, again the actual lamp is a normal size, but the indicator is stuffed into the corner and has about 3 leds.
Cheers, Harry
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:34 pm Presumably the red bit is split up anyway, to cover off lights, fogs and brakes? I wonder where the reversing lights are.
I’d have the whole strip as tails, the bottom half doubling as brake and the top half switching to amber when indicating.

I’m fine with hiding the less often used fog and reverse lights elsewhere / in unusual places.

I also hate sweeping / sequential indicators on anything 😂
Cheers, Harry
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:34 pm the top half switching to amber when indicating.
My pet hate is DRLs which turn off to allow the indicator to flash then turn back on when it's finished. At least Land Rover appear to have given the new RR indicators in an exclusive position.