The "What next?" Thread...

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: The "What next?" Thread...

Post by Rich B »

IanF wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:31 pm Just buy an M3.. sorry to be clear, that’s a Tesla Model 3! 🤣 Similar 0-60 as the M2, goes around corners far better than you’d expect due very low c of g, no fuel issues, No ved, year one bollocks etc

Seriously, test drive one

ETA: how much is the i4 M50 monthly?
lots more than I want to spend!

I'm not interested in electric yet - I expect it will be inevitable - but not quite yet!
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

M2. Life’s too short
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

scotta wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:31 pm It did fit Me, You and the teenager in the back with relative comfort though!
:shock: :?: Scotta, Mik and the teenager:

mik

Post by mik »

Matty wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:56 pm
scotta wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:31 pm It did fit Me, You and the teenager in the back with relative comfort though!
:shock: :?: Scotta, Mik and the teenager:

Isn’t it enough that we have a fuel shortage?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

M2 is about the only recent car from any mainstream brand that has any sort of want factor at the moment. If you can justify it, buy one.

I’m not sure I could at the moment with everything silly money knowing a year ago the same car would have been almost 10k cheaper.

How about a 1M, prices seem to have stabilised but can’t see them ever collapsing. Probably not as good, but a lot more rare than an M2 which is going to have to go through a depreciating stage at some point.
Cheers, Harry
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

integrale_evo wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:32 am M2 is about the only recent car from any mainstream brand that has any sort of want factor at the moment. If you can justify it, buy one.

I’m not sure I could at the moment with everything silly money knowing a year ago the same car would have been almost 10k cheaper.

How about a 1M, prices seem to have stabilised but can’t see them ever collapsing. Probably not as good, but a lot more rare than an M2 which is going to have to go through a depreciating stage at some point.
Yeah, this is exactly the sort of thought process I'm having - the inflated prices are actually making the nearly new M2s look better value than the 4 year old ones.

There's a 1M at a local garage I went to the other day - I think they're probably out of my price range - I'd be looking at a straight loan and the monthly costs would be more than I'm cool with - even though there is the obvious lack of depreciation element.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

integrale_evo wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:32 am ....knowing a year ago the same car would have been almost 10k cheaper.
It certainly stings that someone else has made a killing on their last car, but it is what it is. What would concern me far more is how quickly it's going to lose that £10k again. If it dropped back in six months I'd feel physically sick. Doubly so if it's financed and you are in negative equity.

So as Harry says, get the 1M 8-)
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:55 amWhat would concern me far more is how quickly it's going to lose that £10k again. If it dropped back in six months I'd feel physically sick. Doubly so if it's financed and you are in negative equity.
tbh, that part of the sum doesn't really concern me - the monthly figure is whatever it is, and if the car value stays higher than what you've paid over the term then great, if it goes low, you just give it back.

What my issue is, is that it's annoying that the monthly and deposit could have been lower if the car had followed its expected trajectory. But who knows whether that will ever correct itself.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

M1 almost wont lose much. Get one :lol:

Was looking at the other day - I cant see them going up past 50 if you put some miles on.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:00 pm M1 almost wont lose much. Get one :lol:

Was looking at the other day - I cant see them going up past 50 if you put some miles on.
not sure I could drive an 70/80s super car every day though. As much as I'd like to.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:03 pm
Broccers wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:00 pm M1 almost wont lose much. Get one :lol:

not sure I could drive an 70/80s super car every day though. As much as I'd like to.
Im absolutely sure you couldnt afford one. 10/10 for pedantry tho
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Obviously if you use it and put miles on it’s not going to be worth as much as a pristine silly low miles one. You might not make a profit but I bet you’ll lose a lot less than an M2 and have the pleasure of driving a limited numbers and universally praised car.
Cheers, Harry
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:13 pm
Rich B wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:03 pm

Im absolutely sure you couldnt afford one. 10/10 for pedantry tho
do you think 2 adults and a child could live in a mid engined super car? It's the only way the maths would work!
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I’m sure there’s a roof box solution for that :lol:
Cheers, Harry