FAO Dan

scotta

FAO Dan

Post by scotta »

@dan

Ive got an EML light on the Elise and a 5k rev limit. Two codes that i can clear and it runs fine for a bit then comes back.

P0171 powertrain too lean bank 1, and P0172 powertrain to rich bank 1 are what the codes read.

I was thinking of the old favourite clean the MAF then look at replacing the lambda sensors.

Car runs rough as nails when its on the choke program. pops and bangs and kangarooing on part throttle.

Any further thoughts?

ETA - its got the TRD filter and a 2Bular back box.
drcarlos

Re: FAO Dan

Post by drcarlos »

Lambda my bet.

TVR exhibited the same symptoms when I didn't have one fitted!

Pretty sure the P0171 and 172 codes relate to the Lambda in the Corsa too and that has an intermittent Lambda fault at the moment.

Lets see what Dan says.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

If they’re both unplugged will it recognise a problem and run on map values instead of attempting to run in closed loop on bad data from a faulty lambda?
Cheers, Harry
scotta

Post by scotta »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:56 am If they’re both unplugged will it recognise a problem and run on map values instead of attempting to run in closed loop on bad data from a faulty lambda?
No idea if that's possible.
dan

Post by dan »

It is likely to be maf or lambda related but I would also suggest you remove the throttle body and clean it as the shafts have a habit of getting covered in shit and sticking, which causes issues when the target throttle position / expected air flow doesn’t match the maf measured figures.

Unplugging the lambdas won’t help, it’ll just throw more codes.
scotta

Post by scotta »

dan wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:33 pm It is likely to be maf or lambda related but I would also suggest you remove the throttle body and clean it as the shafts have a habit of getting covered in shit and sticking, which causes issues when the target throttle position / expected air flow doesn’t match the maf measured figures.

Unplugging the lambdas won’t help, it’ll just throw more codes.
Cheers. I’ll have a look at the throttle body as well.

I’ve sent you a couple of screen shots from Delphi.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Ive ordered a Lambda to replace the pre cat one. Will fit it and clear the codes then fingers crossed.

Will also look at the throttle body and clean the MAF