EV Thread

McSwede

Re: EV Thread

Post by McSwede »

Carlos wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:39 pm I've done 4000 miles in the i3 now and the novelty still hasn't worn off. I'm still getting 100 miles per charge even when its 0 deg and i'm using preconditioning which is a really nice feature. Jumping into a warm defrosted car makes running my daughter around far more palatable. Warmer weeks were more like 130.

They aren't common here and even my ncg friends are intrigued by the layout and interior. Its surprisingly quick if only to 80 ish and fun to drive. Its rewarding going slow in, not pressing on the front skinny front tyres and using all the weight in the back 2/3's to propel you out of the tight stuff 8-)

Unsurprisingly it does move around with the wind on the motorway and can be a bit noisy at those speeds but that's not really what its about.

Isn't preconditioning awesome! A warm ice free car.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Yip, it was -2 this morning and I came down the stairs at 7am in my lounge wear, my wife handed me a mug and a crumpet and off we go 8-)

I felt like a champ :lol:
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

My wife swapped her V300 for and an EQV300 today, 1st impressions after a quick drive are that it’s the same car/bus with slightly updated tech. :D

Trading derv for electric removes the bags of spanner’s soundtrack (which wasn’t too bad inside the cabin) and replaces it with eerily faint road noise. It does seem to suit the vehicle and despite having less power and more weight, the lack of turbo spool and kick down means that the EQV feels quicker in real world driving.

upload
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Posh bus, what's the story behind her having that?
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Rich B wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:55 pm Posh bus, what's the story behind her having that?
Lots of reasons, we have owned big dad cars before including a v6 Espace and an Alhambra. A dog and 3 kids means that an estate just doesn't cut it when they are younger due to the size of car seats these days, also my youngest is now in a wheelchair and we needed something big. The mere costs more than the fords and peugeot competitors but less than a high spec vw caddy as vw aren't as keen to offer discounts unlike mercedes. Having a 7 seater balances out the 'silly' cars I tend to own. :D
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

How madly can you spec a Caddy to make it more expensive than a Merc bus?

Edit: ticking every single option on the configurator gets me to just shy of £48k for a diesel Caddy. That's without any costs for wheelchair adaption if that's required. Decent discount from Merc then!

I did leave out one cost option: "auxiliary electric heater" as it then forced a switch to left-hand drive (£600 option) :D
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

DeskJockey wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:37 pm How madly can you spec a Caddy to make it more expensive than a Merc bus?

Edit: ticking every single option on the configurator gets me to just shy of £48k for a diesel Caddy. That's without any costs for wheelchair adaption if that's required. Decent discount from Merc then!

I did leave out one cost option: "auxiliary electric heater" as it then forced a switch to left-hand drive (£600 option) :D
My mistake, I mean the larger transporter. I spoke to a number of dealers who all said that would be rare to discount one as they sell so well. The BiTDI 4motion dsg isn't a cheap van.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

That makes more sense. Oh well, got to spend 10 minutes of my work day on something completely different :)
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

MikeHunt wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:11 pm
Bugger me!
Left over crest; tightens.
mik

Post by mik »

Get it in the FECPOTY22 thread.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Nice bus! We are struggling to find a deal with the leaf going back 23rd feb. Local dealer offering is 300 a month on a pcp for 3 years, but with 3k down. Crazy really, it's basically 15k to rent the car for 3 years, gfv is 14k and it's not likely to be worth much more than that with chademo being betamaxed.

Still looking for a cheap derv hatch for 12 months
KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

MikeHunt wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:11 pm My wife swapped her V300 for and an EQV300 today, 1st impressions after a quick drive are that it’s the same car/bus with slightly updated tech. :D

Trading derv for electric removes the bags of spanner’s soundtrack (which wasn’t too bad inside the cabin) and replaces it with eerily faint road noise. It does seem to suit the vehicle and despite having less power and more weight, the lack of turbo spool and kick down means that the EQV feels quicker in real world driving.
Does it use the same battery/motor as the cars or sightly different?

I had an order confirmed for a Hyundai Kona Electric through our work lease scheme on Thursday. Getting a Pod Point charging point as part of the lease too, so only costs £350 spread over 3 years of the lease. The car is a 150KW Premium with 64KWh battery. Official range is 300 miles and it's got tonnes of kit on for a smallish car. Hopefully should be quite fun with over 200bhp as well.

I get free tyre replacements as part of the lease but I still might replace the tyres myself with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 as they're meant to make a huge different to pretty much everything - handling, ride, stability, feel, noise. The range hardly suffers too.

I was given a January delivery date when I ordered at the very end of December so hoping to get it in the next 2-3 weeks. Insurance renewal is the 7th February and it would be a good if I could beat that, or at least within the 14 days after.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

JonMad wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:24 pm
MikeHunt wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:11 pm
Bugger me!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

mr_jon wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:51 pm
Crazy really, it's basically 15k to rent the car for 3 years, gfv is 14k and it's not likely to be worth much more than that with chademo being betamaxed.
It is a bizarre decision that Nissan/Toyota/Lexus are still making cars with Type 1/Chademo chargers.
Barry

Post by Barry »

mr_jon wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:51 pm Nice bus! We are struggling to find a deal with the leaf going back 23rd feb. Local dealer offering is 300 a month on a pcp for 3 years, but with 3k down. Crazy really, it's basically 15k to rent the car for 3 years, gfv is 14k and it's not likely to be worth much more than that with chademo being betamaxed.

The Ioniq goes back in Feb, I've settled for an e-Niro2 for another two year lease. £265/month 9mnth dep. Not "cheap" but not too annoying, and I get better range, bit more shove and space. It's due March.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

My dyslexic brain read it as butt gimme, lucky that she has a private plate as soon as the retention document arrives in the post. :lol:
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Barry wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:26 am
mr_jon wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:51 pm Nice bus! We are struggling to find a deal with the leaf going back 23rd feb. Local dealer offering is 300 a month on a pcp for 3 years, but with 3k down. Crazy really, it's basically 15k to rent the car for 3 years, gfv is 14k and it's not likely to be worth much more than that with chademo being betamaxed.

The Ioniq goes back in Feb, I've settled for an e-Niro2 for another two year lease. £265/month 9mnth dep. Not "cheap" but not too annoying, and I get better range, bit more shove and space. It's due March.
Nice, Barry! Still have hope for a last min, in-stock sort of deal, otherwise we'll have to move away from ev for a time.
Barry

Post by Barry »

mr_jon wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:07 pm

Nice, Barry! Still have hope for a last min, in-stock sort of deal, otherwise we'll have to move away from ev for a time.
The price on the Niro has since gone up quite a bit too, I harbour fears they'll try to stiff me before March, at which point I'll tell them to shove the deal and do the same as you I suspect. They're great daily motors these EV, but I'm not paying through the nose for it.
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

Bargain in the current climate, and 2 spec has everything you really need.

Happy I got our Leaf ordered before the grant change, Nissan don't seem to be trimming prices this time so all e+ got £2500 more expensive overnight. PCP rate up and deposit contribution down since then too. I'm keeping faith that by the time chademo is a problem (and it's out of warranty) I'll be able to get CCS retrofitted.

The EQV bus is 8-) AF
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

KevH18 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:10 am Does it use the same battery/motor as the cars or sightly different?
Sorry missed this, I think it shares a lot with the EQA.