EV Thread

Mito Man

Re: EV Thread

Post by Mito Man »

I’ve now had this random recommendation. Japan EV racing - honestly the music is great though. 2021 Gran Turismo in reality, it’s even round Tsukuba circuit 😂

Race starts at about 3.30
Not sure what model the taycan is but skipping most of it to the end I think it finishes 8th - maybe the driver isn’t too good but thought it would do better unless it’s just the cheapest model.
How about not having a sig at all?
KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

Just ordered a Hyundai Ioniq 5 160kw Premium 73kwh. First ever brand new car and first electric car. Beyond excited at the minute! Got to wait two weeks before I find out how long it will take to arrive but looking like it could be around four months.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I like the look of them and the reviews have been great.
mik

Post by mik »

Carlos wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:02 pm I like the look of them and the reviews have been great.
Me too - funky design 8-)
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

I like them too. Could be an upgrade on the Zoe if we need it.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Barry

Post by Barry »

Saw my first Ioniq5 on the road this week as it happens, it looked smart. My "old" Ioniq goes back in Feb, still pondering my next choice, I'd like a Kona or similar but lease prices seem to be chasing 2nd hand prices.. 20% up on last year.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Nah, fuck off. It's last week's smart phone and you've not got it yet 😂

In all seriousness that's a good shout. Looked good on Johnny Smith YouTube.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Nice choice 8-)
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

California Spec Model 3;

speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

I thought I liked the Ioniq until my mate said they look like a Maestro and now I can't unsee it :D
Marv

Post by Marv »

mik wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:37 pm
Carlos wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:02 pm I like the look of them and the reviews have been great.
Me too - funky design 8-)
Me three.

Let us know how you get on with it Kev 8-)
Oui, je suis un motard.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

I know nothing about them other than they look cool. Congrats!
KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

Thanks all. It just makes sense financially with insurance and maintenance already included. I spent £150 on diesel in the last 4 weeks and the monthly price isn't much more than double that. I had a look at a matte grey one tonight and I think I might be regretting the teal one I have ordered now!
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

Ioniq 5 looks ace, just a bit big for us.
Barry wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:04 pm Saw my first Ioniq5 on the road this week as it happens, it looked smart. My "old" Ioniq goes back in Feb, still pondering my next choice, I'd like a Kona or similar but lease prices seem to be chasing 2nd hand prices.. 20% up on last year.
That came around quick - Ioniq is one of the few that's still fairly cheap to lease but way more than it was.

eGolf goes back in Jan, got a good PCP deal on a Leaf e+. Not that flash or interesting but well made, reliable, fairly rapid family transport.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

My brother is also taking a Leaf+ Tekna in the next couple of weeks, dunno on what deal though.

Our Leaf is up end of Feb too, will see what Nissan offer to continue with it for a bit longer.
Barry

Post by Barry »

simon_g wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:47 am Ioniq 5 looks ace, just a bit big for us.
Barry wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:04 pm Saw my first Ioniq5 on the road this week as it happens, it looked smart. My "old" Ioniq goes back in Feb, still pondering my next choice, I'd like a Kona or similar but lease prices seem to be chasing 2nd hand prices.. 20% up on last year.
That came around quick - Ioniq is one of the few that's still fairly cheap to lease but way more than it was.

eGolf goes back in Jan, got a good PCP deal on a Leaf e+. Not that flash or interesting but well made, reliable, fairly rapid family transport.
I only took a two year lease as I didn't want a long commitment, and was hoping some new choices would come along and improve competition. How silly of me.

Best deal I've seen for my Ioniq is easily £40/m more expensive, Kona/Niro £300+ again.. I'm not sure I can justify that much per month for a runabout (even when I'm back in the office next year it'll only be 2days/wk basic).
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Barry wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:01 pm
simon_g wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:47 am Ioniq 5 looks ace, just a bit big for us.

I only took a two year lease as I didn't want a long commitment, and was hoping some new choices would come along and improve competition. How silly of me.

Best deal I've seen for my Ioniq is easily £40/m more expensive, Kona/Niro £300+ again.. I'm not sure I can justify that much per month for a runabout (even when I'm back in the office next year it'll only be 2days/wk basic).
I have no idea on leccy cars but this seems cheap for a runabout

https://www.gateway2lease.com/cars/volk ... 024013.php
Simon

Post by Simon »

We've come to the conclusion that when the Yeti goes it will be replaced by an electric _thing_. Likely an Enyaq.

And I was looking at the market today and noticed I could sell my Merc for within £500 of what I bought it for 2.75 years ago. Very tempting to go down to one car whilst we don't absolutely need 2 at the moment.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Barry

Post by Barry »

Broccers wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:14 pm
Barry wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:01 pm

I have no idea on leccy cars but this seems cheap for a runabout

https://www.gateway2lease.com/cars/volk ... 024013.php
There are a few half decent deals on those about yeah, but if I'm sticking wth EV I want a bigger range and more poke next time, just cos. The Ioniq is just about quick enough to get out of its own way, anything slower would be tedious I feel.

Enyaq is a smart motor too, but its relatively new to market so prices are still strong, and I'd want the 77kwh version too, which is Tesla money on leasing.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Simon wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:11 pm And I was looking at the market today and noticed I could sell my Merc for within £500 of what I bought it for 2.75 years ago. Very tempting to go down to one car whilst we don't absolutely need 2 at the moment.
Other half’s car goes back in December and we’re not replacing it.

We really don’t need 2 cars anymore and we’ll save £320 / month on payments and Insurance plus Diesel.

It’s a no brainier for us really
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…