EV Thread

Barry

Re: EV Thread

Post by Barry »

simon_g wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:22 pm
Barry wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:26 am
mr_jon wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:51 pm Nice bus! We are struggling to find a deal with the leaf going back 23rd feb. Local dealer offering is 300 a month on a pcp for 3 years, but with 3k down. Crazy really, it's basically 15k to rent the car for 3 years, gfv is 14k and it's not likely to be worth much more than that with chademo being betamaxed.

Still looking for a cheap derv hatch for 12 months
The Ioniq goes back in Feb, I've settled for an e-Niro2 for another two year lease. £265/month 9mnth dep. Not "cheap" but not too annoying, and I get better range, bit more shove and space. It's due March.
Bargain in the current climate, and 2 spec has everything you really need.
Yeah, prices went up £25/mth within days. Niro2 lacks the heated seats, and heat pump I think. First world problems and all that. Range and performance are still decent though, so meh.
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

I find heated seats pointless when you can preheat the whole cabin. While a heat pump is a bit more efficient you don't really care once you've got 200+ real-world miles. For everyday use you plug it in long before it gets low, for long trips it's unlikely to save you a charging stop.
Barry

Post by Barry »

All of that, and I'm saving a significant amount on the lease, compared to Niro3/4. My eyes are dry.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Barry wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:26 pm All of that, and I'm saving a significant amount on the lease, compared to Niro3/4. My eyes are dry.
Get some eye drops. Sort you out quickly.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’ve just remembered that this was one of the big features of the eco pro + mode on the i3 if you wanted to be a sadistic hypermiler. It turned off all the HVAC aside from the heated seats but it increased range on the display quite a bit. The downside was it worked for 10 minutes before the windows got quite foggy in winter…
How about not having a sig at all?
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

On the hybrid Evoque you can have the heated seats and steering wheel on and it’ll stay in EV mode. Put the a/c on and it starts the engine straight away.
Cheers,

Ian
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

IanF wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:36 pm On the hybrid Evoque you can have the heated seats and steering wheel on and it’ll stay in EV mode. Put the a/c on and it starts the engine straight away.
Compressor must be powered from auxiliary belt rather than electric?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Pre-heating is excellent and really does render the heated seats redundant. My 330e will run all the HVAC on electric only and doesn't need the engine (until the leccy runs out 😂)
Beany

Post by Beany »

jamcg wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:27 pm
IanF wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:36 pm On the hybrid Evoque you can have the heated seats and steering wheel on and it’ll stay in EV mode. Put the a/c on and it starts the engine straight away.
Compressor must be powered from auxiliary belt rather than electric?
It's based on ICE so i'd imagine they'd not re-engineer the entire HVAC system for the hybrid model.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Barry wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:26 am The Ioniq goes back in Feb, I've settled for an e-Niro2 for another two year lease. £265/month 9mnth dep. Not "cheap" but not too annoying, and I get better range, bit more shove and space. It's due March.
Thats quick !

KIa and Hyundai don't seem to be saddled with a chip shortage and daft lead times like everyone else.

I was told 8 months for an i3s in November.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Carlos wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:04 am
Barry wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:26 am The Ioniq goes back in Feb, I've settled for an e-Niro2 for another two year lease. £265/month 9mnth dep. Not "cheap" but not too annoying, and I get better range, bit more shove and space. It's due March.
Thats quick !

KIa and Hyundai don't seem to be saddled with a chip shortage and daft lead times like everyone else.

I was told 8 months for an i3s in November.
It's stock they had on order, due March, rather than a new order I think. And it's the base model, whereas folk seem willing to pay £100+ extra/ month for the bigger LCD screen and some leather 😆
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Took the EQV to collect a curry from west brim last night. The vibe is well worth the 30 minute round trip and a freezer bag keeps the food warm.

I drove on the elevated section of the M5 between junction 1 and 2. This now has a 60mph limit to reduce air pollution, as I’m in an ev this shouldn’t apply :D
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Maybe, if you weren't having a curry.
Foz

Post by Foz »

How are charging costs these days with the tarif increases?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Foz wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:43 am How are charging costs these days with the tarif increases?
Theres an article in the torygraph today about costs of setting up, quite interesting.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/advice ... e-uk-2022/
mik

Post by mik »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:57 am
Foz wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:43 am How are charging costs these days with the tarif increases?
Theres an article in the torygraph today about costs of setting up, quite interesting.

I can’t read that whole thing due to pay wall, but our garage is separate from the house so we had to get a new chunky shielded cable out there from the house. Gave it some thought so only approx 2m had to be dug up to bury it, but it was indeed unanticipated cost.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Then you have fuse ratings to homes. Not an issue now with many but when you need an electric boiler or heat pump and an electric car, it will be an issue.

The idea that the grid can cope is laughable.

Dave!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

mik wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:00 am
Broccers wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:57 am

I can’t read that whole thing due to pay wall, but our garage is separate from the house so we had to get a new chunky shielded cable out there from the house. Gave it some thought so only approx 2m had to be dug up to bury it, but it was indeed unanticipated cost.
Block javascript for the website address ;)
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

I’m currently (see what I did there) looking at EV options, for the miles, and particularly the type of mileage I do, one seems ideal. We don’t pay for electricity, well, we do but the solar panels generate enough to keep payment checks coming from the grid each quarter.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

V8Granite wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:06 am Then you have fuse ratings to homes. Not an issue now with many but when you need an electric boiler or heat pump and an electric car, it will be an issue.

The idea that the grid can cope is laughable.

Dave!
They'll upgrade that FOC. Well, at least here they do. That reminds me, I need to chase ours. We were recently "de-looped" as they went back through old records and ours popped up as having a charger but no changes to our supply. Next door was fed via our house so they've now had a separate supply installed and Electricity NW were supposed to come back and upgrade our fuse.