nuttinnew

Re: Mini progress

Post by nuttinnew »

Excellent :D 8-)
Here's to a safe tomorrow.
mik

Post by mik »

8-) From a race-outcome perspective, first experiences don’t come much better than that. 8-) although 3 red flags on the first race made it somewhat unusual.

I hope @scotta puts up the GoPro footage of the Compact heading for the gravel. :shock:

Race 2 far more “normal”. Most of it spent dicing with cars in other classes, including a couple of other minis - although they had the rather unfair benefit of a supercharger (amongst other things). Direct competition from the very experienced man that sold StrongBroo one of his Minis) wasn’t part of this show - having started several places down and unable to make ground.

One happy boy at the end of the event, although MrsScottA mumbled “we’ll never hear the end of this now”. :D

Good luck today!
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

The boy done good ;)
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
scotta

Post by scotta »

Weekend Summary report

Link to second vid at the end.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:D Lovely dab of oppo (and as a group of us down here used to say "recovered it welllll") 8-)
Excellent viewing watching the ebb and flow with the BMW, time passed so quickly but I better it felt like a lot longer afterwards.

Applause all at StrongBroo 8-)
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Very well done Scott and crew. Tremendous results.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

8-) Great work! Looks like fun. You seemed to massively reel them in on that first section (fast chicane of sorts) after the start finish straight.
scotta

Post by scotta »

So - some further developments.

The championship page announced the points tally for the season last night. It would appear that the Mini cooper class (Class H) has not been fantastically subscribed to this year until the weekend. 5 cars registered for class H at the weekend which meant full championship points were available. So after a pole 3 wins and a second on full points it looked initially like I had won the championship class for the year.. :shock:

Alas however it was not to be. One of the Cooper S cars had incorrectly registered in the cooper class so had to be re-classified into Class G. ~Thus meaning there wasn't enough cars for full points in Class H and I therefore had not won...I did however come 2nd in the championship :lol:

Annoyingly said cooper s - I beat in all 4 races despite him having an extra supercharger.

So TL;DR Pitched for one event and took second place in the championship. I think we can call that a success.

Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

New arrival
mik

Post by mik »

8-)
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Donor car or second racer?
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

jamcg wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:10 am Donor car or second racer?
Donor in the first instance (primarily bought for its 49k engine and various spares we immediately need for RoR), but we'll assess the shell once it's stripped. It's pleasingly rot free, but it has had a front end bump and there are creases in the front arms (not massively difficult to repair and sort of non-structural for our purposes). Storage until I'm ready to start building might end up being the deciding factor.