Ineos Grenadier

ZedLeg

Re: Ineos Grenadier

Post by ZedLeg »

The Electric Defender that Johnny Smith tested seemed like it was alright.

An absolute unit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

120 mile range, so maybe 60 miles if you're towing. Absolutely useless for a car of that nature.
How about not having a sig at all?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

That's just a case of how many batteries you put in it though and tbh I'm not sure I'd want to go more than 100 miles in a defender without a break :lol:
An absolute unit
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:12 pm That's just a case of how many batteries you put in it though and tbh I'm not sure I'd want to go more than 100 miles in a defender without a break :lol:
Would you require an 8hr break after 100 miles?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Hi nice you get used to the driving position it’s comfy, it’s also nice to sit upright. We did 10,000km in 12 days and no issues. I’ve had worse back ache from Vauxhall Astra seats.

The Ineos seems like a G Wagon, if the chassis is the quality they say then it will be far better than a G Wagon too. The weight is a worry though.

The big decider is the warranty set up, supposedly you will be able to service it yourself and keep the warranty, that will save a shed load of money.

Dave!
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

V8Granite wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:55 pm I’ve had worse back ache from Vauxhall Astra seats.
That's not saying much :lol: Vauxhall seats are torture devices.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

https://ineosgrenadier.com/en/gb/the-ve ... e_Prospect

You can spec one up now (kind of, full spec page releases on 18th).. I quite like them and hope they are successful
Cheers,

Ian
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Disappointing that the base model doesn't get diff locks but apart from that the pricing is about where I expected. I hope they sell enough to keep them going.
An absolute unit
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Signs are up advertising for staff at what will be our local dealer/repairer in Skipton.
mikeyb
Currently Driving: R56 Mini GP2
R53 Mini Cooper S
L322 Range Rover Westminster
BMW F30 330d

Post by mikeyb »

A local dealer to me (Lloyds) have announced a partnership with Ineos, meaning there will be an Ineos showroom in Carlisle. I'll have to pop in when it's open, to have a mooch around :)
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

The final reviews are starting to come out and it's looking better than I expected tbh.

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/ineos/grenadier

Seems like a well engineered thing, still think they've engineered themselves into an awkward position with pricing though. No one wanting a utilitarian work vehicle is going to spend £60k on one when there are multiple considerably cheaper options and I don't think the people who would spend £70k+ on one are going to be happy with it's tough truck compromises.

Fair play to them for getting it over the line.
An absolute unit
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

It's great they've got it to market and interesting to see they're bringing up Land Rover's reliability issues as a selling point. I wonder how many people in the UK would choose one of these over a new Defender?

It's a lot of cash, but Harry Metcalfe was very critical of some of the shortcomings of the new Defender Commercial model when it came to using it on the farm, so will this maybe get a foothold in the business market here?
Cheers,

Mike.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Having seen a lot of the drivetrain pictures and seeing lots of driving and opinion videos, I want one hard.

The slightly bigger fuel tank than first advertised is a big bonus and the build quality seems to be fantastic. Hopefully reliability proves as good as the companies involved are.

Sadly a lot of the videos out are still of the test mules and not the finished delivery ones.

Still though, the weight is just too much.

I’ll take mine in dark blue please with the petrol.

Dave!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

12 mpg if you're using it :lol:

I just went through the configurator and by the time I had something I liked it was £70k. With steelies, fabric seats and nothing in the back. Too rich for my taste.
My_Grenadier_8_2_2023.jpg
My_Grenadier_8_2_2023.jpg (287.29 KiB) Viewed 458 times
https://my.ineosgrenadier.com/W3AIXZ8KXR
An absolute unit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I still like these but wouldn't buy one. It's a car engineered to last for decades but I doubt legislation will allow that. Aside from that the fuel consumption is a major problem for a daily practical 4x4. Usually if you have a car which does teens MPG it's something pretty special which you only drive at the weekend. Doing 15,000 miles a year with that consumption would get tiring. Then there's at least 30% additional fuel consumption when towing.
I'm hoping they fit a better drivetrain in this like the hybrid lump from the X5 45e. I'm guessing it would push 3+ tonnes though.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Who's going to do 15,000mi a year these days in a vehicle like that? I'm strugggling to understand the demographic for these as it is anyway mind.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

That’s a pretty conservative amount for a commercial vehicle. The diesel versions mpg isn’t far off todays pick ups but yeah I can’t justify it for a private use case. It’s alright if you just charge each customer an extra tenner for fuel though.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I don’t get anything about it tbh.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

This will be used by those companies currently using discovery’s and large pick-up trucks to shift stuff around the country.

It’s like a stronger G-Wagon underneath.

Dave!
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Just watched the Johnny Smith video on it. I actually quite like it and what they've done. But I just can't get my head around where the market is and whether it's big enough to sustain sales. Especially if they're going done the engineered to last approach.

I hope they do well though