Lotus Emira

mik

Re: Lotus Emira

Post by mik »

Coaster1 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:49 pm
Speaking of which, who’s going to buy all those £90k+ delivery miles Evora GT410 at dealer...
The good news is that there are only 3 delivery mileage cars available across the UK.

I’d agree that - Pending positive press response - values of these and newer Evora have to be impacted though. Exige remains significantly more focussed so may be unaffected (?)
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

mik wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:10 am
Speaking of which, who’s going to buy all those £90k+ delivery miles Evora GT410 at dealer...
The good news is that there are only 3 delivery mileage cars available across the UK.

I’d agree that - Pending positive press response - values of these and newer Evora have to be impacted though. Exige remains significantly more focussed so may be unaffected (?)
I hope so. :x
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Maurice wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:42 am

Residuals obsessed owner. You ARE ONE OF THEM! :lol:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

I wonder if the AMG lump has been used to make four bangers acceptable, opening the door to using Geely's own for possible lower powered, cheaper versions (and maybe even replacing the AMG, I can't think what hp they go up to). I don't know if it would be more work than is worthwhile.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

nuttinnew wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:14 pm I wonder if the AMG lump has been used to make four bangers acceptable, opening the door to using Geely's own for possible lower powered, cheaper versions (and maybe even replacing the AMG, I can't think what hp they go up to). I don't know if it would be more work than is worthwhile.
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/indu ... ol-engines

That probably explains it :D
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Haha, yep! :lol:
scotta

Post by scotta »

Nah mate the cup models especially will be worth fuck all. Ill give you £15k for it.
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

RobYob wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:17 am

Residuals obsessed owner. You ARE ONE OF THEM! :lol:
I’m taking my powerfully built frame out of here, and moving to where I belong.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Looks like Harry M has put his name down for one 8-)
Cheers, Harry
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

integrale_evo wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:24 pm Looks like Harry M has put his name down for one 8-)
Wonder what spec; the 4 pot auto will be immensly tunable and probably handle a bit better but the V6 manual will be the intense experience on the right day/road.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

RobYob wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:07 pm
integrale_evo wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:24 pm Looks like Harry M has put his name down for one 8-)
Wonder what spec; the 4 pot auto will be immensly tunable and probably handle a bit better but the V6 manual will be the intense experience on the right day/road.
He’s gone for the V6 manuel.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

240PP wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:17 pm
Is it the same box as the Evora? I assume so; maybe they've improved it since but that god-awful diesel-like racket the tranmission made was a real bug bear for me. Granted they've (apparently) massively improved the linkage in the later cars...but that transmission noise :x
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Matty wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:22 pm
240PP wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:17 pm

Is it the same box as the Evora? I assume so; maybe they've improved it since but that god-awful diesel-like racket the tranmission made was a real bug bear for me. Granted they've (apparently) massively improved the linkage in the later cars...but that transmission noise :x
Gbx rattle more likely to be the clutch which is the low volume part to mate that Corolla gearbox with the V6. Linkage has had quite a few revisions of the years.
mik

Post by mik »

Just had a call from the dealership - if I was to place a deposit today (!) they could offer me a delivery slot of end 2022 optimistically, more likely early 2023.

I confirmed that I wasn’t a realistic buyer at this point, but was delighted to see how many deposits were being taken. She agreed (although cautioned that they need to avoid flooding the market) and offered me to come and look over one - they should have an Emira in the showroom around September - but only for a few days - it’s clearly going round the dealers.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

mik

Post by mik »

Sticking to their original commit….

As I was discussing with @scotta yesterday - you probably wouldn’t be best pleased to see a £75k v6 Emira if you had recently shelled out > £90k on an Evora410.
mik

Post by mik »

Toddled along to Parks Lotus today for an invite to view the new Emira. Turned out to be the visual mule only without any drivetrain, trim popping off if you rested your eyes too heavily on it, and steering not connected to the front wheels (which caused @scotta some confusion.

It was complete enough to see that it is a very handsome car. Really no bad angle. I was assured the tub is not from the Evora - it’s both shorter and wider. Designed as a 2-seater only.

Interesting to see, but didn’t feel I was viewing the real deal.

Order book seems to remain healthy - which is good V6 order today would be mid-2022 before delivery, with AMG 4-pots not coming til 2023. Clearly some new to the brand - as I waited outside a big bloke turned up in his RRSport, parked it across two disabled spaces, and went inside with his daughter. :lol:

Esprit V8 on site drew me in immediately, but it was rather tired up-close.

Funky coffee van.

integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

The weirdo in me would have been just as interested in the s-cargo van as the Norfolk mobiles :lol:
Cheers, Harry
Marv

Post by Marv »

integrale_evo wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:49 pm The weirdo in me would have been just as interested in the s-cargo van as the Norfolk mobiles :lol:
Haha, same here 😂
Oui, je suis un motard.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

I think lighter / brighter colour suits Emira better (like the blue one above). The one in Goodwood didn’t look as good and sat too high.