2 boy racers

Jimexpl

Re: 2 boy racers

Post by Jimexpl »

McSwede wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:06 am As someone who lived rurally, in my youth it was very much as fast as you dared, everywhere.

Luckily, I didn't have any "bad" accidents but had a few little incidents. There were a few hedges with car shaped holes in them around here. Cars got a bit of stuff brush occasionally if one was either too ambitious or overestimated one's own ability 😂😂😂

As mentioned in a previous post, luckily these incidents were in low powered cars so speed wasn't too high. If I'd had something like my M140i back then I'd have had some huge offs 😂

Thankfully quiet rural roads afforded us some margin for error when driving like dicks when we were younger.
You would have also had a better understanding of what happened at the limit anyway, as you were always driving without abs and stability control.
Growing up in a small farming village, all of my age group were experienced with machinery and hooning cars and motorbikes around field before we turned 17, so accident rate was low, but there were two deaths out of about 20 kids - both not their fault.
We were driving with the local youth group from the age of 13 around the local airfield perimeter roads in a Peugeot pickup and a knackered Maestro (while the McLaren F1 was lapping the runway circuit) - these days if you can get insurance it’s a quick step into something very powerful at a young age with no respect for what it can do.