2 boy racers

Broccers

2 boy racers

Post by Broccers »

Excuse the fail link.

Seems to me the Toyota just pulled out at the wrong time the subsequent mayhem resulted in his passenger describing;

'It happened so quickly,' he said. 'We pulled out of the car park and the Nissan crashed straight into us and pushed us up on the kerb – we travelled for about 20 metres.

'We were knocking people over like bowling pins, it was horrific.' Mr Dambrauskas, from St Albans, Hertfordshire, said Mr Brown was 'frozen' with shock.

'I jumped out of the car and saw bodies covered in blood all over the place,' he said. 'A man shouted that we needed to lift the car up because someone was stuck underneath. We all lifted it up and he got free.'

5 years clink for that.

The other guy who was flying in the Supra rightly got 4 in prison.

Fair or not?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ailed.html
drcarlos

Re: 2 boy racers

Post by drcarlos »

You see some dick moves on these leaving car meet videos, it's bound to go wrong at some point.

It's also been happening for decades, far pre-dating the F&F franchise mentioned.

The crowds are like the rally goers from Europe that hangout on the route only the drivers are usually no talent idiots with a fast car on finance.

I guess they have every right to be where they are and expect to not get mowed down but you do see a lot of the crowds egging on the drivers too.

What can you do?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

drcarlos wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:27 pm
It's also been happening for decades, far pre-dating the F&F franchise mentioned.

Aye, the first F&F movie was actually inspired by an article about the underground show/race scene in LA.
An absolute unit
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:33 pm
drcarlos wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:27 pm

Aye, the first F&F movie was actually inspired by an article about the underground show/race scene in LA.
All the F&F franchise did was really get the JDM scene on the map in a big way. Before then in the UK it was fast Fords, Vauxhalls and other Euro brands, behavior and the size of meets was comparable.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Looks like they linked him doing a donut to being reckless therefore decided he was still being reckless whilst pulling onto the road, at which point he got collected by the 350Z.
Left over crest; tightens.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

JonMad wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:00 pm Looks like they linked him doing a donut to being reckless therefore decided he was still being reckless whilst pulling onto the road, at which point he got collected by the 350Z.
I agree but he clearly didnt just pull out from a donut.

Must have had a shit brief.

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mo ... 317329.mp4
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:07 pm ...

Fair or not?

5 years for pulling out on someone whilst wheel spinning VS 60mph speeding, I would of guessed they were both roughly equally contributory to the accident and deserved similar sentences as they both exhibited driving in riskier manners with significant hazards about.
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:07 pm
JonMad wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:00 pm Looks like they linked him doing a donut to being reckless therefore decided he was still being reckless whilst pulling onto the road, at which point he got collected by the 350Z.
I agree but he clearly didnt just pull out from a donut.

Must have had a shit brief.

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mo ... 317329.mp4
Regardless, there was evidence of him doing donuts in the events leading up to the accident which would of made it very tough for his legal representation to argue it was a one-off mistake.

FYI:

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/of ... s-driving/
mik

Post by mik »

Has anyone got a non-dailyfail link?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

mik wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:33 pm Has anyone got a non-dailyfail link?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... s-57445471

That article says
Brown had been performing "donuts" in the car park in his black Toyota GT86 before pulling out on to the road.

He was driving at 63mph (101 km/h) when he collided with Perez's blue Nissan 350z.

The court heard the Nissan had veered on to the central reservation, striking spectators.

Video says different.
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:39 pm
mik wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:33 pm Has anyone got a non-dailyfail link?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... s-57445471

That article says
Brown had been performing "donuts" in the car park in his black Toyota GT86 before pulling out on to the road.

He was driving at 63mph (101 km/h) when he collided with Perez's blue Nissan 350z.

The court heard the Nissan had veered on to the central reservation, striking spectators.

Video says different.
That middle sentence mixed up, the Nissan was doing 63mph.

There is slightly more footage at: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... s-49283689
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Nasty. :shock:
mik

Post by mik »

Thanks. I do remember the original footage now. Nasty. :?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

It’s a shame as they weren’t necessarily bad people just young lads doing what young lads do.

The punishment fits the crime but it does show how weak sentencing is for those joy-riders you see a n police camera action type shows who do far far worse and involve people who have no desire to be around speeding cars. The people hurt were in an obviously silly place considering the event.

Hopefully they already realise what they have done and it doesn’t ruin anyone’s life who was involved.

Dave!
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

V8Granite wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:58 pm It’s a shame as they weren’t necessarily bad people just young lads doing what young lads do.
When I was younger I don't really remember much of this - it was pretty much just people parked up. Maybe I spent too much time with the nerds and not the cool racer kids.

That being said, you were lucky to have more than 100bhp in my day so maybe we couldn't go fast enough to cause any excitement...back when a Turbo was something to aspire to.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Matty wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:36 pm
V8Granite wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:58 pm It’s a shame as they weren’t necessarily bad people just young lads doing what young lads do.
When I was younger I don't really remember much of this - it was pretty much just people parked up. Maybe I spent too much time with the nerds and not the cool racer kids.

That being said, you were lucky to have more than 100bhp in my day so maybe we couldn't go fast enough to cause any excitement...back when a Turbo was something to aspire to.
You also weren’t being videod and getting instant gratification by people spreading it about. It’s a strange world young people live in.

Dave!
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

drcarlos wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:27 pm You see some dick moves on these leaving car meet videos, it's bound to go wrong at some point.

The crowds are like the rally goers from Europe that hangout on the route only the drivers are usually no talent idiots with a fast car on finance.

I guess they have every right to be where they are and expect to not get mowed down but you do see a lot of the crowds egging on the drivers too.

What can you do?
I thought Tesco! :oops: :lol:
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Don’t laugh, considering how many were held in Tesco’s car parks and how quickly trends change it’s probably true :shock:

Dave!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Matty wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:36 pm

Round where I grew up there were two different car scenes for young folk. Out in the sticks we’d get cheap shit boxes and beat on them like they owed us money. Very stupid and dangerous, I lost a couple of friends to car accidents as a teenager.

If you went into Edinburgh on Friday or Saturday night you’d find the folk with nice cars parked up or cruising around. Nothing dangerous, the cars were worth too much to risk smashing up.

The scenes started to crossover with the start of the events at a Crail etc.
An absolute unit
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

As someone who lived rurally, in my youth it was very much as fast as you dared, everywhere.

Luckily, I didn't have any "bad" accidents but had a few little incidents. There were a few hedges with car shaped holes in them around here. Cars got a bit of stuff brush occasionally if one was either too ambitious or overestimated one's own ability 😂😂😂

As mentioned in a previous post, luckily these incidents were in low powered cars so speed wasn't too high. If I'd had something like my M140i back then I'd have had some huge offs 😂

Thankfully quiet rural roads afforded us some margin for error when driving like dicks when we were younger.