Mileage

Explosive Newt

Re: Mileage

Post by Explosive Newt »

People used to talk about “type of miles” e.g. stop start gear change heavy city driving vs constant speed motorway cruising and high mileage cars being paradoxically better as they have done more of the latter and little of the former.
John

Post by John »

I think the highest mileage car I’ve owned was my e36 m3 at around 140k. I did numerous track days in it and the only thing I had to change was a leaking water pump
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Explosive Newt wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:34 am People used to talk about “type of miles” e.g. stop start gear change heavy city driving vs constant speed motorway cruising and high mileage cars being paradoxically better as they have done more of the latter and little of the former.
which is all bullshit imo. "100k motorway miles" on an advert could just as easily be "it was a taxi for its first 3 years before it bought it".
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

And most of the high mileage cars in the SE are commuter cars travelling over 100 miles per day to London and back. Best of both worlds in that case - high mileage with all the usual stone chips and lots of lovely stop start traffic :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?