Interesting Cosworth Auction

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Interesting Cosworth Auction

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:32 pm I thought we'd established the story? It's a motorsport shell built up by BBR with a load of RS500 parts.
That’s what the ad says, but there’s no paperwork to back it up and why on earth wasn’t it registered?

Finding the origin of the shell and engine from the VIN and engine numbers would be the first step, but whoever currently owns it hasn’t done that, nor registered it. Instead they’ve upped the power. Very odd.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

You know how I always say I hate dark red cars. I like the colour of that Cossie.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I think it looks awful, white or black for me please, even the grey they do has a bit too much blue in it for my liking.
Cheers, Harry
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

I always thought the Sierra Cossie was a terrible looking car :lol: Looks better in the darker colours. £65k for an imported car with 100k on the clock :shock:
mik

Post by mik »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:14 am I think it looks awful, white or black for me please, even the grey they do has a bit too much blue in it for my liking.
It’s Moonstone Blue :lol: (and it is the best colour for a Cossie)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I thought it was moonstone grey :lol: anyway, that’ll be why I don’t like it, I hate wishywashy blueish colours.
Cheers, Harry
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Silverstone 2 is a wishy washy blue - and I loved it!

There was a bluer bmw colour that was used on the lesser models that was a bit lame though.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Matty wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:09 pm I always thought the Sierra Cossie was a terrible looking car :lol: Looks better in the darker colours. £65k for an imported car with 100k on the clock :shock:
When you compare it to what else was around at the time it’s not the best looking. E30 M3, 190E Cosworth etc.

Great engine though, can’t argue with the pedigree.
An absolute unit
scotta

Post by scotta »

G16NNH 09-04-2021 16:45:30
With no documentation and no vin number I take it this would be registered as a Q plate on completion of an iva or would it actually be allowed to be registered as a road car as they’ve used a motorsport shell with no original I.d Is there any paper work or receipts to prove date of build as these questions will all be asked upon registering it.

THE MARKET
Dunno Mate...

These are the same lot that were selling that bent elise a while ago and kept deleting the comments.
mik

Post by mik »

That sounds reassuring enough - have placed a bid. :lol:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I hadn't realised that a motorsport shell meant no VIN plate. I don't think there's a hope of it getting anything but a Q plate when it has no VIN. I guess Motorsport shells would have been sold to re-shell an existing registered car after a trip into the trees, so they'd have been a new part to attach to an existing VIN plate.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Rich B wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:13 pm Silverstone 2 is a wishy washy blue - and I loved it!

There was a bluer bmw colour that was used on the lesser models that was a bit lame though.
The one colour I would absolutely refuse to buy a car in even if it was the best example by miles 🤣
Cheers, Harry
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Actually the picture hadn’t loaded when I replied, I assumed it was going to be the e46 / 39 version which is the one I really don’t like :oops:
Cheers, Harry
Simon

Post by Simon »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:31 pm Actually the picture hadn’t loaded when I replied, I assumed it was going to be the e46 / 39 version which is the one I really don’t like :oops:
Are you on dial-up or something?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:50 pm I hadn't realised that a motorsport shell meant no VIN plate. I don't think there's a hope of it getting anything but a Q plate when it has no VIN. I guess Motorsport shells would have been sold to re-shell an existing registered car after a trip into the trees, so they'd have been a new part to attach to an existing VIN plate.
It used to be pretty common. As a kid in the early 90s down the road from my grandparents I remember new Sierra shells stacked up outside Graham Goodes, and no VIN was the norm.

Engines were similar - straight six Maseratis in the 60s used to break all the time and new engines (competition and road car) were shipped with blank IDs for the dealer to stamp.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:31 pm Actually the picture hadn’t loaded when I replied, I assumed it was going to be the e46 / 39 version which is the one I really don’t like :oops:
it's ok, my e46 was blue too...

ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Simon wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:22 am
Are you on dial-up or something?
IIRC Harry is in rural Norfolk, I'm impressed he has electricity.
An absolute unit
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Rural Norfolk on mobile data :lol:
Cheers, Harry
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

NFN !