Ferrari SUV, Aston, Micro Manufactures etc

SSO

Ferrari SUV, Aston, Micro Manufactures etc

Post by SSO »

Just posted a blog on a few topics including the soon to be launched Ferrari SUV, Aston Martin DBX update, Ford GT, Flipping, and the Micro Manufacturers, GMA, SCG, De Tomaso etc. Here's the link to the article:

https://karenable.com/thoughts-ferrari- ... -gma-more/

Thoughts? Comments? Should Ferrari launch an SUV?
RobYob

Re: Ferrari SUV, Aston, Micro Manufactures etc

Post by RobYob »

Think there's a few isn't that have been autocorrected out?
"When I looked at the numbers though, the picture on if getting into SUVs is a huge success its exactly clear cut"

The prancing Clydesdale is a really odd one, I thought Ferrari were very very happy to have a two year waiting list. Super exclusivity driving shiney shiney margins.

Ford GT, looks awesome, massive media, all the right trophies. But it wasn't the road car successor to the V8 ECOTY one people actually wanted. Ford probably knew that and now the LeMans glory is in the bag they won't give a flying about low mileage examples being orphaned at auction.

Are you as disapointed as I am that the SCG "Hypercar" is just as ugly (albeit functionally racecar) as the Toyota? I had high hopes for a return of the GT1 era.
SSO

Post by SSO »

RobYob wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:21 pm Think there's a few isn't that have been autocorrected out?
"When I looked at the numbers though, the picture on if getting into SUVs is a huge success its exactly clear cut"

The prancing Clydesdale is a really odd one, I thought Ferrari were very very happy to have a two year waiting list. Super exclusivity driving shiney shiney margins.

Ford GT, looks awesome, massive media, all the right trophies. But it wasn't the road car successor to the V8 ECOTY one people actually wanted. Ford probably knew that and now the LeMans glory is in the bag they won't give a flying about low mileage examples being orphaned at auction.

Are you as disapointed as I am that the SCG "Hypercar" is just as ugly (albeit functionally racecar) as the Toyota? I had high hopes for a return of the GT1 era.
Thanks, got it and fixed. I do hate autocorrect.

Ferrari actually is concerned with the length of the waitlist. They are losing quite a few people off the end who just don't want to wait 2 years. Bringing it down is one of their stated objectives (which makes you wonder how launching an SUV could possible help this).

Ford really badly screwed up on the GT allocations (which why are privately admitting).

Hypercar looks are a result of the regs. Not much you can do if you want to win and SCG is determined to win (or at least place well).
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

SSO wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:08 pm Ford really badly screwed up on the GT allocations (which why are privately admitting).

Hypercar looks are a result of the regs. Not much you can do if you want to win and SCG is determined to win (or at least place well).
That would be an interesting conundrum, vetting limited edition clients especially for a Blue Oval. Did Ford lean too heavily towards the influencers who then became slaves to the tyranny of low mileage? You must've had some odd conversations in your time with someone trying to determine if you were worthy of a purchase?

I do wish the homologation requirements for the Hypercar class had been designed so we didn't get what look like LMP carryovers.
What I wanted was GT3 turned up to 11. Aventador vs Valkyrie vs T50 even if only in silhouette and BOP'd till they dropped.

Then at leasy you'd not have stupid fins and stupidly small cockpits.

SCG want to win of course, but I'll not be cheering on the SCG007 with the same energy as the 003 that's for sure.
However that's my very personal take on racing. I love N24, Targa Tasmania, the legacy of Targa Florio and racing cars that look like you can take them out for a fang on the A836 should you ever win the lottery.
SSO

Post by SSO »

RobYob wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:54 pm
SSO wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:08 pm Ford really badly screwed up on the GT allocations (which why are privately admitting).

That would be an interesting conundrum, vetting limited edition clients especially for a Blue Oval. Did Ford lean too heavily towards the influencers who then became slaves to the tyranny of low mileage? You must've had some odd conversations in your time with someone trying to determine if you were worthy of a purchase?
I never had a conversation with anyone from Ford on the GT. I just filled out there application form. What I have heard is that outside of the Shmeefluncers who were given build slots, a lot ended up going to Ford dealership owners, the friends of the larger dealership groups, and those with connections to Sr Ford management. None of these groups is going to be heavily seeded with enthusiasts who will be driving the cars regularly.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

SSO wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:31 pm
RobYob wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:54 pm

I never had a conversation with anyone from Ford on the GT. I just filled out there application form. What I have heard is that outside of the Shmeefluncers who were given build slots, a lot ended up going to Ford dealership owners, the friends of the larger dealership groups, and those with connections to Sr Ford management. None of these groups is going to be heavily seeded with enthusiasts who will be driving the cars regularly.
Maybe a smart move, if the cars were allocated within Blue Oval associated business there's a bit of a vested interest in people not complaining about how unusable a car is it? Likewise the residents of fluence aren't likely to bite the hand.

Or it's just Hanlon's razor. :lol:
SSO

Post by SSO »

RobYob wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:18 am
Maybe a smart move, if the cars were allocated within Blue Oval associated business there's a bit of a vested interest in people not complaining about how unusable a car is it? Likewise the residents of fluence aren't likely to bite the hand.

Or it's just Hanlon's razor. :lol:
It might have been a smart move based on the way the car turned out. What was stupid was the PR around how they were "supposed" to have been allocated.