Resurrecting the Ferrari F40

SSO

Resurrecting the Ferrari F40

Post by SSO »

Just posted a new blog on Resurrecting the Ferrari F40:

https://karenable.com/resurrection-of-the-ferrari-f40/

Comments?

Anyone else undertake any major bank account balance destroying engine rebuilds lately?
V8Granite

Re: Resurrecting the Ferrari F40

Post by V8Granite »

I enjoyed that, the shoddy previous work really annoys me, it’s like they didn’t even bother to read the manual. The cam cap bolt was probably down to those with a torque wrench for an elbow.

Not in the same level but my own car is having an overhaul and doing things properly as apposed to “making it look good” costs about 5 times as much. Knowing it is done properly though is worth every penny.

Dave!
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

"The missing cam cap bolt was found in the oil sump so that had to be first removed, then reinstalled and resealed."

That made my blood run cold...

The photo of the F40 in the snow is just wonderful.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Sounds like boardwalk are a bunch of idiots. Is there no legal avenues equivalent to small claims court you could follow to at least recover some costs of the work?
SSO

Post by SSO »

jamcg wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:49 pm Sounds like boardwalk are a bunch of idiots. Is there no legal avenues equivalent to small claims court you could follow to at least recover some costs of the work?
Not that would make that much financial sense. The lawyers fees would add up very quickly and I really don't have the time or patience for it. I would much rather just never have anything to do with them again.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Really enjoyed reading that blog and seeing those pictures, but not the catalyst for all of it obviously! How can an official Ferrari dealership like Boardwalk Ferrari of Dallas get away with behaviour like that and not be held to account by Ferrari if nobody else?
Cheers,

Mike.
tim

Post by tim »

Good read that. Boardwalk sound like a BoCs!
SSO

Post by SSO »

Ascender wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:33 pm Really enjoyed reading that blog and seeing those pictures, but not the catalyst for all of it obviously! How can an official Ferrari dealership like Boardwalk Ferrari of Dallas get away with behaviour like that and not be held to account by Ferrari if nobody else?
It is surprising but as long as there is a waitlist to buy a new Ferrari, they will be able to get away with it.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Good read, enjoyed that. Very poor show from Boardwalk Ferrari.

8-) 8-) 8-)
SSO

Post by SSO »

Coaster1 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:18 pm Good read, enjoyed that. Very poor show from Boardwalk Ferrari.

8-) 8-) 8-)
Kyler's does have great lobsters and swordfish. 8-)