Lotus Elise Club Racer

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Lotus Elise Club Racer

Post by Jobbo »

scotta wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:05 pm
Jobbo wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:39 pm I like the lime green Club Racer S which Will Blackham is currently selling. Wrong wheels, but that wouldn't put me off.
https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/11339776
Was for sale for less on SELOC a week before he bought it.

The forged wheels were a £1200 option. That is also a particularly rare car. Only 7 of the "comfort" model were made. I dont like the interior on that green one - but its probably right up your street :lol:
Comfort? Well, it has more upholstery than my early S2!
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I'm back to wondering whether an Elise of some variety (S3 really appeals) and a cheap van/pick up would suit my needs best after reading this thread! Still got 9 months to decide though!
mik

Post by mik »

Your chance to be a cool dad Rich - don’t blow it
scotta

Post by scotta »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:12 pm
scotta wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:05 pm
Jobbo wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:39 pm I like the lime green Club Racer S which Will Blackham is currently selling. Wrong wheels, but that wouldn't put me off.
https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/11339776
Was for sale for less on SELOC a week before he bought it.

The forged wheels were a £1200 option. That is also a particularly rare car. Only 7 of the "comfort" model were made. I dont like the interior on that green one - but its probably right up your street :lol:
Comfort? Well, it has more upholstery than my early S2!
http://www.lotusdriversguide.com/Downlo ... 4%20UK.pdf

Comfort PACK (Club Racer only)
CD/mP3/WmA receiver with 4 speakers Comfort mats with CR logo
Central door locking
Sound insulation
Lightweight aluminium passenger footrest
front mud flaps
Standard suspension with standard anti-roll bar.

Not exactly S-Class levels of lux!

I would have preferred the sports suspension but that will be superceeded with those bilsteins.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Rich B wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:29 pm I'm back to wondering whether an Elise of some variety (S3 really appeals) and a cheap van/pick up would suit my needs best after reading this thread! Still got 9 months to decide though!
Theres a guy on SELOC looking to sell his S3. He was talking about £25k. Looks decent - but its no club racer..

https://forums.seloc.org/viewthread.php?tid=477270

OR just buy that CR that will blackham has.

ETA - you might find in 9 months time that the prices have gone up.
scotta

Post by scotta »

@Rich B The 1.6 Club racers go for a bit less £24k seems to be the market. @dan was posting about one earlier on twatter.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:36 pm Your chance to be a cool dad Rich - don’t blow it
another M car was always the plan though (M2/M3 - need to test drive some) - cool in my eyes!

A little related, but a guy at work turned up to the survey in a 2006 faded red ex-post office van today, he rides motorbikes (He hasn't even owned a car in the last two years I've known him, commuting on various harleys and sports bikes).

He mainly bought it for taking bikes to track days and doing daily stuff when it was too wet to ride his bike, but it reminded me that no one (work, clients,etc) really gives a shit what you drive, so get what you want!
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

scotta wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:52 pm
Rich B wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:29 pm I'm back to wondering whether an Elise of some variety (S3 really appeals) and a cheap van/pick up would suit my needs best after reading this thread! Still got 9 months to decide though!
Theres a guy on SELOC looking to sell his S3. He was talking about £25k. Looks decent - but its no club racer..

https://forums.seloc.org/viewthread.php?tid=477270

OR just buy that CR that will blackham has.

ETA - you might find in 9 months time that the prices have gone up.
yeah, I'm not in the market for any car purchases yet, but I'm sure like the rest of you I'm constantly thinking about what i want next!
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Prices for cars should start to fall slightly over the year, shirley? Private market opening up, end of the furlough, people able to spend on holidays/pubs/hospitality again...

At least thats my hope. Car prices are nuts at the moment.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Matty wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:21 pm Prices for cars should start to fall slightly over the year, shirley? Private market opening up, end of the furlough, people able to spend on holidays/pubs/hospitality again...

At least thats my hope. Car prices are nuts at the moment.
Elise going out of production - all Final Edition cars sold out. EV on the horizon. Dont be so sure.
scotta

Post by scotta »

This is how much quicker the S3 is over the S1 up the hill :)

This is what got me looking at S3's

duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Ah Rich, you used to be such a proponent of the M-car does it all camp! What happened?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

duncs500 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:12 am
Ah Rich, you used to be such a proponent of the M-car does it all camp! What happened?
i still am! An M2 is still the option I end up at most, but I do need to test drive one of these modern era turbos though.

I've always liked the Elise and it's variants though, I tried to buy a VX220 in my early 20s but my credit rating was awful back then from bloody egg credit cards being Cunts!

And if I can find a way to justify buying a van too then all the better!
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

What you need, is an M2CS.
Beany

Post by Beany »

scotta wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:47 pm This is how much quicker the S3 is over the S1 up the hill :)

I think that would have got me looking at Nobles, the way that thing disappears is quite impressive.

As it should be a for a Duratec V6 with a couple of turbos slapped on, weighing around a ton (as I recall?) I suppose :lol:
scotta

Post by scotta »

Beany wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:54 am
scotta wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:47 pm This is how much quicker the S3 is over the S1 up the hill :)

I think that would have got me looking at Nobles, the way that thing disappears is quite impressive.

As it should be a for a Duratec V6 with a couple of turbos slapped on, weighing around a ton (as I recall?) I suppose :lol:
Need considerably deeper pockets for a Noble.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

duncs500 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:50 am What you need, is an M2CS.
I'm about £85k short at the moment.

To be honest, I'd rather have a £25-30k normal one, if I had £80k to spend I'd be buying something more exotic.
Beany

Post by Beany »

scotta wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:05 am
Beany wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:54 am

Need considerably deeper pockets for a Noble.
Yeah, just scoped AT, £30-40k for one of those twin turbo bathtubs.

I still want one though. That thing pulls like a fucking train.
Foz

Post by Foz »

Pfft, that’s not fast :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

Foz wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:20 am Pfft, that’s not fast :lol:
It's all relative. ;)