Post by SSO »

Just posted a blog on my 1st impressions on the McLaren Artura:

https://karenable.com/the-new-mclaren-a ... pressions/

Has McLaren nailed it or missed?
duncs500

Re: McLaren Artura - 1st Impressions

Post by duncs500 »

Is that how they spell warranty in the US? :shock:

Interesting read, it does sound like a good package, and I think it looks great. What I haven't seen in anything I've watched or read is its green credentials, I guess if you're going to go to the trouble of making a PHEV then that should be part of the conversation. Only thing I've seen is that it'll do 20 miles on pure electric, which is hardly ground breaking.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Did McLaren pay you anything to post the article? :lol:

Agree on the colour; lovely. Since it's very McLaren to look at, I think the drive stories are going to be the important ones - very different engine, drivetrain which presumably builds on the P1.
SSO

Post by SSO »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:46 am Did McLaren pay you anything to post the article? :lol:

Agree on the colour; lovely. Since it's very McLaren to look at, I think the drive stories are going to be the important ones - very different engine, drivetrain which presumably builds on the P1.
Sadly ...........no. (I don't get any special treatment from any of the manufacturers)

Agree, drive reviews will be critical.
SSO

Post by SSO »

duncs500 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:10 am Is that how they spell warranty in the US? :shock:

Yes, UK & the US are separated by a common language.

I did tell someone I was tri-lingual though - I speak English, American, & Australian.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Have they fixed that issue you told us about with the P1's battery where it would need replacing at extortionate cost if you didn't plug it in? Presumably it's a totally different system?
SSO

Post by SSO »

Rich B wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:35 pm Have they fixed that issue you told us about with the P1's battery where it would need replacing at extortionate cost if you didn't plug it in? Presumably it's a totally different system?
This is a very different system
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Regarding the actual green characteristics, is there a significant improvement in real world CO2/km?
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

I'll take it :lol:

I think it's the best looking car they've made of the modern era. That side intake and flying buttress arrangement is the best resolved of Evija, F8 etc.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

SSO wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:25 pm I did tell someone I was tri-lingual though - I speak English, American, & Australian.
Notes lack of expletives....slightly raises eyebrow.

Fuck me. Never seen a bloke speak less fucking Australianlike since some dipshitcunt tried to correct me when I greeted the fellas "''Owthefuckareyouzezguys?"

:D