McLaren Artura

RobYob

Re: McLaren Artura

Post by RobYob »

Some clever stuff, I was wondering how long it would take for reverse gears to start being deleted.

Trying to decide if I like or really like the styling, big fan 'uge side intakes 8-)
Simon

Post by Simon »

I really like it. Just read evos take...
The artist formerly known as _Who_
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Someone's didn't read their press pack closely.
TG article says the engine is McLaren design.
Evo says it's still a Ricardo one.
mik

Post by mik »

RobYob wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:50 am Some clever stuff, I was wondering how long it would take for reverse gears to start being deleted.
It just seems so obvious now it’s been done. And I like the sound of the motor within the clutch assembly - it feels like it should help to make everything feel more “coherent” if there is a single output from the drive systems.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Simon wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:29 am I really like it. Just read evos take...
I glaze over at these articles now - they're just regurgitating info from the press release, basically.
zx6rkiller
Currently Driving: M2 Comp, 420d

Post by zx6rkiller »

I"m sure it will be very capable and super fast. But it somehow does not excite me.
Exterior is almost an update of the 570 and the new engine configuration just leaves me cold.
Not a good sign for a new model that is supposed to take McLaren into future.
Unfortunately I'm not in a position to buy a McLaren, new or preowned. But I've always been rooting for them, especially for their "entry level" cars.
Guess I will have to start rearranging my imaginary lotto-win garage.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

My first thought is that's a bit underwhelming and I'm not a fan of the Peugeot 208 type styling at the front but there's going to be about 4 other variations of it by the end of next year so it will only get better.
How about not having a sig at all?
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:21 am My first thought is that's a bit underwhelming and I'm not a fan of the Peugeot 208 type styling at the front but there's going to be about 4 other variations of it by the end of next year so it will only get better.
It's tough to create a unique visual identity for a mid-engined car, then evolve it over time - Ferrari are struggling and they've been at it for 50 years. You can't manipulate the proportions like a front engined car without them looking back-heavy.
At least McLaren have tried to break from convention with high level and top exhaust exits, and combining lights with air intakes.
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Love the looks of the new Artura. Just hope they've improved the overall build quality and customer service.
M235i
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

RobYob wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:43 am Someone's didn't read their press pack closely.
TG article says the engine is McLaren design.
Evo says it's still a Ricardo one.
I've noticed Evo quite often spell Ricardo with two Cs, as they have in this article.
mik

Post by mik »

Pette makes a good point